Meta Quest Pro Settings

Ginsu80

My port has 20Gb/s, cable (original) 5Gb/s but build-in test shows only 2-2,6Gb/s.

My port is USB 3.2 gen 2. Cable is 10gb/s
I am at 1.9/2gb/s
If i recall correctly, link uses only up to 500mb/s

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Any idea how to force the v.55 update? I have still v.54

image.png

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

15 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Any idea how to force the v.55 update? I have still v.54

image.png

If you reset the headset the update should be the newest the same when you first installed the headset.

Edited by freehand
  • Like 1

Just now, freehand said:

If you reset the headset the update should be the newest the same when you first installed the headset.

The only way to force it is to join the PTC. Then you run the risk of getting an older beta version of v55 and have a much worse experience. Without using the PTC, you just have to wait. Could be days or a month.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, slughead said:

The only way to force it is to join the PTC. Then you run the risk of getting an older beta version of v55 and have a much worse experience. Without using the PTC, you just have to wait. Could be days or a month.

mm think we are talking about 2 different things here. 

14 minutes ago, freehand said:

mm think we are talking about 2 different things here. 

No he is correct - unless you sign up for the PTC ( Public Test Channel) you have to wait on Meta to get the latest release update to you. They do rolling releases rather than everyone at one time. If on PTC you get the latest (even beta if available) right away. At least that is how it used to be and sounds like it still is.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

3 minutes ago, dburne said:

No he is correct - unless you sign up for the PTC ( Public Test Channel) you have to wait on Meta to get the latest release update to you. They do rolling releases rather than everyone at one time. If on PTC you get the latest (even beta if available) right away. At least that is how it used to be and sounds like it still is.

Yes I see he asked for v55 I just advised that if he wanted his "entitled" version. 

• Thanks 2

My projects:

OpenKneeboard - VR and non-VR kneeboard with optional support for drawing tablets; get help
HTCC - Quest hand tracking for DCS; get help

If you need help with these projects, please use their 'get help' links above; I'm not able to track support requests on these forums.

Btw. did you notice strange behavior of connection after the last DCS-MT update? Sometimes I see an hourglass that rotates suddenly, for no reason at all, and for a moment the image is frozen. Maybe its an QP isseue or DCS, dont know, but before last Thursday everything was fine.

51 minutes ago, actually_fred said:

Hmm... maybe this? Im on v54. Will try.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

Sometimes I see an hourglass that rotates suddenly, for no reason at all, and for a moment the image is frozen. Maybe its an QP isseue or DCS, dont know, but before last Thursday everything was fine.

I've seen the same, Rift-S, first time i saw it was after the last DCS patch Thursday.

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

1 minute ago, Arcadya said:

Good morning, I just bought a Quest pro and coming from the Hp G2 can you tell me if I need steam to launch DCS? Thanks in advance, Flight Safe

No you don’t need Steam. Only Oculus app to connect your headset to the computer 

After some flying and testing, I'm able to pull 72 FPS, no ASW and 4xMSAA @ 4864x2448 in occulus app, with default DFR settings in the Apache. I'm running fairly high settings in DCS, but low on clouds and shadows.

AMD 5800X
OC RX 6900XT
64 GB 3600Mhz RAM

I'm doing this on the Nevada map, have not tried other maps yet. I guess I will struggle there.

But oh boy is it immersive. No stutters, no glitches from ASW or anything. Smoothnes all the way.

@nikoel how much "overhead" do you have after changing to a 4090? Do you ever dip below 72 FPS?

Try London or Paris, it gives your gig a run for its money even for a chopter, which gives incredible performance even in most maps. Jets, however, are harder to please for everything moves much faster.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

On 6/24/2023 at 4:40 PM, YoYo said:

Btw. did you notice strange behavior of connection after the last DCS-MT update? Sometimes I see an hourglass that rotates suddenly, for no reason at all, and for a moment the image is frozen. Maybe its an QP isseue or DCS, dont know, but before last Thursday everything was fine.

Hmm... maybe this? Im on v54. Will try.

Btw.

What I wrote about earlier may be related to some problems of the DCS OB MT version (in VR you can see the hourglass), so not Link cable connection, such as long loading times and micro freezes that sometimes appear after the last update from the F-15E. These issues were raised by users:

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

3 hours ago, TZeer said:

After some flying and testing, I'm able to pull 72 FPS, no ASW and 4xMSAA @ 4864x2448 in occulus app, with default DFR settings in the Apache. I'm running fairly high settings in DCS, but low on clouds and shadows.

AMD 5800X
OC RX 6900XT
64 GB 3600Mhz RAM

I'm doing this on the Nevada map, have not tried other maps yet. I guess I will struggle there.

But oh boy is it immersive. No stutters, no glitches from ASW or anything. Smoothnes all the way.

@nikoel how much "overhead" do you have after changing to a 4090? Do you ever dip below 72 FPS?

I gained about ~50% performance on my 6900XT( but it was "maxed out" variant as you can see by the figures I was running). I haven't bothered OCing 4090 as Nvidia is pushing the card so far above it's optimum it's not worth my time 

null

image.jpeg

Edited by nikoel

I am seeing issues relating to link cables with my Quest pro. Was getting freezes and crashes on the headset that, by installing and using on my secondary PC, was able to narrow down to the link cable ( swapped the cable, no more freezes) However, I am still seeing cable related issues, especially since the update. Please see my crash log here: 

Interestingly, I seem to have traced the DCS crashing on start up issues to using either a powered USB C hub to connect to the PC, or using a powered link cable. If I am using either, DCS wont start ( crashes, see log) since the last update. I need to use a standard link cable ( I am using an aftermarket one as the Oculus one was traced to be causing issues of the freezing.

I dont know how all of this may be connected, but hope the information is of use............

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Benchmark ran for latest OB:

I am still not very satisfied with the current benchmark method, will think about setting up a new baseline.

Edited by VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants
  • Like 2

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

On 6/23/2023 at 12:03 PM, nikoel said:

We might - might - see a benefit in quality of stream as the headset uses the processing power to display the incoming frames

Higher bandwidth might be possible. Difficult to say where the bottleneck lies - for some it’s definitely the USB speed. I doubt people who can afford a QP have issues with processing and encoding on the PC-end 

I got my answer… the CPU/GPU performance improvements in v55 will be of zero benefit to us.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

So what were we thinking :(.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

On 6/26/2023 at 1:34 PM, nikoel said:

I gained about ~50% performance on my 6900XT( but it was "maxed out" variant as you can see by the figures I was running). I haven't bothered OCing 4090 as Nvidia is pushing the card so far above it's optimum it's not worth my time 

null

image.jpeg

I concur. No need to overclock the 4090.

Currently abroad can't test latest updates and meta-foveated until Saturday, so I am doing some pre-thinking.

Rig with 11900kf, 5.1Ghz, 4090, 32 RAM.

What has plagued me since the beginning of time, nevermind 72, 80, 90hz, that it is for me unplayable without AWS forced 45 + Turbo Mode, but then AWS forced introduces heavy ghosting, which is especially annoying when dogfighting.

What are my best chances to remove ghosting? Going to 72hz (1.5), AWS off, if meta-foveating works for me, or staying at 90hz (1.7), AWS off, if meta-foveating works, and dialing down DCS graphics settings?

90hz looks and feels better, but is it too taxing for my CPU?

MEG Infinite X 11th; MSI Coreliquid K240 V2; 1000W PSU; MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Ventus 3X OC 24GB GDDR6X

12 minutes ago, MHAce75 said:

Currently abroad can't test latest updates and meta-foveated until Saturday, so I am doing some pre-thinking.

What has plagued me since the beginning of time, nevermind 72, 80, 90hz, that it is for me unplayable without AWS forced 45 + Turbo Mode, but then AWS forced introduces heavy ghosting, which is especially annoying when dogfighting.

What are my best chances to remove ghosting? Going to 72hz (1.5), AWS off, if meta-foveating works for me, or staying at 90hz (1.7), AWS off, if meta-foveating works, and dialing down DCS graphics settings?

You are on 4090 so stay on 72Hz, ASW off. Personally, that's how I fly and it's brilliant (maybe except low flight over London ;)) and that's basically 72 frames everywhere, also in campaigns (MT). No ghosting whatsoever, it was annoying me too so I changed the Reverby G2 from 90Hz to QP with 72Hz just for that (the rest my settings both FOV 0.85, 1.3 in Meta resolution and 1.15 in OTT of supersampling).

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

2 hours ago, MHAce75 said:

It's really down to personal preference. I run at 72Hz with the bells and whistles on with occasional drops to 36Hz/ASW.

• Thanks 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb YoYo:

You are on 4090 so stay on 72Hz, ASW off. Personally, that's how I fly and it's brilliant (maybe except low flight over London ;)) and that's basically 72 frames everywhere, also in campaigns (MT). No ghosting whatsoever, it was annoying me too so I changed the Reverby G2 from 90Hz to QP with 72Hz just for that (the rest my settings both FOV 0.85, 1.3 in Meta resolution and 1.15 in OTT of supersampling).

Thanks I will try it out this weekend!

vor 3 Stunden schrieb YoYo:

One question back, you run 1.3 in Meta and 1.15 in OTT = 1.45. why not just run 1.5 in Meta and OTT default?

MEG Infinite X 11th; MSI Coreliquid K240 V2; 1000W PSU; MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Ventus 3X OC 24GB GDDR6X