porque mis bombas gbu 10 y 12 no se sueltan de mi pilón

sanc2775

Could be that I was doing something wrong, but it is not like that, because I follow all the procedures to launch the guided bombs which is frustrating to see that they stay in the wings my f-16 plane I align it perfectly the codes are perfectly, the laser is activated when I reach the target first the circle appears blinking then I press the button to release the bomb, and it turns out that you go down to the bottom and the bomb stays stuck: If someone will ask me how do I set the bombs In ccrp mode, so I can not find the error anywhere So I must think it is a bug? Or am I really doing something wrong and not realizing it? My experience with the f-16 comes from Falcon 4.0, so there are many hours of flight and study of it to not know how to use the bombs and the f-16 system, so I ask that someone with more experience shed light or can tell me something that I ignore, thanks.

The first countdown is for the bomb toss / lofting, as indicated by the circle as well as a 4G marker on the fall line. 

If you do not want to toss your bomb, ignore the first countdown and continue to fly to the target. A second countdown will appear and that is the one that tells you when the bomb will be dropped. 

@sanc2775

I'm flying F-16 every day and using gbu12, I didn't have the issue you described.

Here is how you troubleshoot, I'm sure some steps are obvious like proper aircraft alignment and Master Arm ON. In CCRP mode you should have the FPM (Flight Path Marker) aligned with the bomb fall line, there will be 2 cue lines dropping down to FPM, first cue line is DTOS, it will have that circle blinking, and when it reaches the FPM it will reset and the second line will start dropping after short while. Keep your FPM on the bomb fall line, while the second cue line is dropping down you can press and hold WPN REL button until that line reaches FPM.

At that time if you have FPM on the bomb fall line, the bomb will release.

If not, attach a track file so we can see whats going on.

• Like 1

• ED Team

please include a short track replay showing the issue

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

did you configurate the GBU for a 0° loft angle or did you use the basic value for loft angle which is 45° when i remember correctly?

When you don't change the loft angle to 0° the bomb won't release from the hardpoint when you fly a "level" attack.

24 minutes ago, Rufnax said:

did you configurate the GBU for a 0° loft angle or did you use the basic value for loft angle which is 45° when i remember correctly?

When you don't change the loft angle to 0° the bomb won't release from the hardpoint when you fly a "level" attack.

That is not correct.

As I explained in my previous post, bombs release fine when second cue line reaches FPM.

Does it still release even when you are not on the configurated release angle? I always thought that's mandatory. But thanks. Will test it myself next time I am flying in DCS.

But one question, what is the advantage of the release angle setting?

I could always just let it stay on 45° default value when it's not necessary to have the correct value. Right?

11 minutes ago, sanc2775 said:

Here you go in this video you can see what’s happening let me know please guys if I wrong or not.

ct, thanks.

Put the FPM in the middle of the fall line and try again. You need to be properly aligned. You can see in your video that your offset is enough that the timer never really hits 0, and so the bomb isn't dropped.

Yeah you're way off the bomb fall line, I had trouble releasing with way smaller deviations. OP, you have to put the "meatball"/velocity vector/FPM onto the fall line. The icon that looks like a plane on the left in your HUD. Not the datum line crosshair. (not entirely sure I don't own the DCS F-16)

I'd love to see a sheet for each plane that shows the release logic. Fuses, bank angle, I don't have a clue but it would be handy for study simming.

Modules: AH-64D, Mi-24P, UH-1H, F-14, F-18C, CA, SC    Terrains: Sinai, Strait of Hormuz, Syria    -    Wishlist: Desert Storm map, 1950s Sinai, Navy Phantom, A-6, Mirage F1EQ, AH-64A, MiG-17/23/25/29, dynamic campaign, live/historical weather - Social credit score: -20