AB-212 / AB-412 / Huey II look-alike facelift MOD for the UH-1H

Because the textures need to be adjusted accordingly. You either try it yourself or ask the group if someone can help out.

Regards / Grüße

Neo

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --

A question about the White Top cover:

It seems completely white without details, panels, rivets etc. What am I doing wrong?
I Edited an existing livery (United Nations ITALAIR, easily found on the User Files) and put the white .dds files into the livery folder, changed the .lua with the lines posted above in this thread.

Added the argument to remove the pylons etc.

I don't know if it's just the skin file that is "basic" or something is missing.

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

1 hour ago, NightFlier said:

It seems completely white without details, panels, rivets etc.

Yes, at this stage it is without any structure itself. The 212 has air intakes on top. I hope to make the top a bit more realistic with a later update.

However, if you use the spec map this will produce some reflective diferences. See screenshots in first post.

Edited by rato65

@NightFlier WIP...

Screen_230311_232846.jpg

Screen_230311_232931.jpg

Screen_230311_232951.jpg

• Like 4

Regards / Grüße

Neo

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --

13 ore fa, rato65 ha scritto:

Yes, at this stage it is without any structure itself. The 212 has air intakes on top. I hope to make the top a bit more realistic with a later update.

However, if you use the spec map this will produce some reflective diferences. See screenshots in first post.

Thank you so much 😉

10 ore fa, Neo47 ha scritto:

@NightFlier WIP...

Screen_230311_232846.jpg

Screen_230311_232931.jpg

Screen_230311_232951.jpg

That is wonderful, many thanks!

• Like 2

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Eight Ball said:

Here are a couple from me for Upuaut's US Navy Lemoore Rescue liveries.

First you need to make sure you have the original liveries: US Navy Lemoore Rescue and US Navy Lemoore Rescue Green

Then you download the extra textures for the UH-1N

US Navy - UH-1N Lemoore Rescue

US Navy - UH-1N Lemoore Rescue Green

Copy the content into the original livery folder and overwrite the description.lua

They are meant to be used with the AB212 clean and AB212 Cutters attachments.

Note: sometimes you need to reselect the livery or the attachments for the textures to display properly.

OBJZt5C.jpg

myTxfSL.jpg

zT5sYpB.jpg

After installing the extra textures i get missing textures for the livery itself.

Screen_230312_155744.jpg

Thanks a lot for this great looking mod! @rato65 You posted some screenshots of a grey USMC huey. Is there a compatible livery around and how do I get the grey Twin huey intakes? I also love the fact that this mod is compatible to the other huey attachments. I noticed that - at least for me - the flex cam seems to hover in the air next to the helo, all other attachments are working fine.

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

Great you like it, thank you.

11 hours ago, Tomcatter87 said:

You posted some screenshots of a grey USMC huey. Is there a compatible livery around

I used this one on user files:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3326057/

how do I get the grey Twin huey intakes

There is the AB-412_top_grey.dds file which you have to adress in the livery. Check the Armada example livery description file how it is done. In ME, you can load one of the AB412 / 212 loadout kits.

the flex cam seems to hover in the air next to the helo

I had this also, you need to download the 2021 version of Upuauts addons. Here is a link:

On 3/6/2022 at 6:59 AM, AvgeekJoe said:

OK unless @upuaut has a problem with this, I have put all his files on my Google Drive here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aNgiaaOORD7VxpaO2kzrdJaNWV-v3faj?usp=sharing

Hope this helps everybody.  Plz credit him, not me, with the materials at the link.

CC: @Shrike88 and @Morpheus

• Like 2

Thanks a lot! 

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

Obviously, I've been playing around with this mod a bunch this morning. 
@rato65 Looking through the LUA, the 412/414 bits seem to be assigned to station 2. Can that be changed to station 1, so that we could regain use of both Mk151s? The forward minigun mounts are rather odd on a modern-ish Huey

Thanks again!

Edited by ST0RM

34 minutes ago, ST0RM said:

Obviously, I've been playing around with this mod a bunch this morning. 
@rato65 Looking through the LUA, the 412/414 bits seem to be assigned to station 2. Can that be changed to station 1, so that we could regain use of both Mk151s? The forward minigun mounts are rather odd on a modern-ish Huey

Thanks again!

Thought the same thing

2 hours ago, ST0RM said:

Looking through the LUA, the 412/414 bits seem to be assigned to station 2. Can that be changed to station 1

Not without repositioning the complete meshes in blender, basically a complete change of positions.

On 3/15/2023 at 1:48 PM, rato65 said:

Not without repositioning the complete meshes in blender, basically a complete change of positions.

Ahh, ok. Too much work for minor change. 
Thanks again! Still love the facelift. 

What about having the Huey pilots without helmets and with a baseball cap and David Clark headsets? 🙂  Would it be doable?

Night Flier

5 hours ago, NightFlier said:

What about having the Huey pilots without helmets and with a baseball cap and David Clark headsets? 🙂  Would it be doable?

AFAIK, no, we cannot change the pilots in any of the modules.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

11 ore fa, Stratos ha scritto:

AFAIK, no, we cannot change the pilots in any of the modules.

It's such a shame that ED is basically abandoning the huey. With a bit of "lifting", a couple of variants (212, 412) and civilian/military option for the pilots, the guy would be up to level with the recent announced upcoming modules for some transport, recon, and ground forces support actions (C-130, CH-47).

• Like 2

Night Flier