I have an i9 9900kf and with MT I am getting lower frames than before with all aircraft in same settings. FPS indicators say CPU bottlenecking with around 20% of the cpu being utilized. This also occurs in the menus.

I'm hearing similar reports from a few people in discord with similar processors.

System specs

i7 8700k, 3080, 64 gb ram

Others having this issue

Edited by cyristvirus
I'm an idiot and have a 9900kf not 8700

Thanks, but this isn't my cpu issue. Others who have much more powerful cpus are having the same issue. Also my fps went down after the MT patch and others are seeing the same thing. Before my GPU was bottlenecking with higher fps, now cpu us bottlenecking with lower fps. Others reporting the same thing in the linked form posts as well as reddit and on discord I follow.

Additionally others having the same CPU are showing higher fps than I am. No one in the other forums are able to find out why we are the special ones, but it seems that most of us own a G2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fiber_23 said:

Just fixed my issue by completely removing DCS.openbeta in Saved Games and now I am @180 FPS. Super weird, but fixed it.

I have a stutter-fest with the MT version, both with HT on or off. I have a i9 9900K, Rtx3090, 32 gb ram and running VR with a G2. I also see that the default AI-trains on the ground is not going same fps as the game, looks almost like stop motion animated. Cars are moving normal though (The Channel map) 

So did you delete(moved) the OpenBeta folder in saved games, then copied over you config for bindings? Or how should I do it? Im afraid of loosing all settings I have for the non MT version that runs very well right now.

I'm having similar issues.  First my specs:

CPU: I9900k overclocked to 5.0 GHz (water cooled)

GPU: MSI RTX 4090, driver 528.49 (no overclocking)

RAM: 32GB 

VR: Valve Index set to refresh rate of 90 and pixel density set to 100%, audio mirroring on to drive my seat shaker sound card

Flight controls: Virple stick, throttle and rudder pedals

DCS settings: nearly everything on full max except shadows are set to flat (because they shimmer in VR), pixel density in DCS set to 1.5, AA mask .6, Civ traffic at medium, smoke at 3

With this configuration  I can maintain 45 FPS in single threaded mode in most situations except for a few demanding areas like F/A18 cold start on Supercarrier, or Black Shark 2 Gauntlet mission when taking off and flying low over the trees (lots of shadows).  With MT I get mostly 30 FPS except if I'm flying high and there is not much complexity in the view.  Then it will occasionally jump to 45 FPS, but not consistently.  The DCS frame rate counter says that I am CPU bound.  Let me know if you need more info.  Happy to help.

Mike M.

9 hours ago, NineLine said:

I will flag it with the team, but it's most likely due to an older CPU. Most likely your CPU is even holding back your 3080 from performing to its fullest. Thanks. 

I'm an idiot and have a i9 9900kf not 8700, so that's not the issue.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mdmasters said:

I'm having similar issues.  First my specs:

CPU: I9900k overclocked to 5.0 GHz (water cooled)

GPU: MSI RTX 4090, driver 528.49 (no overclocking)

RAM: 32GB 

VR: Valve Index set to refresh rate of 90 and pixel density set to 100%, audio mirroring on to drive my seat shaker sound card

Flight controls: Virple stick, throttle and rudder pedals

DCS settings: nearly everything on full max except shadows are set to flat (because they shimmer in VR), pixel density in DCS set to 1.5, AA mask .6, Civ traffic at medium, smoke at 3

With this configuration  I can maintain 45 FPS in single threaded mode in most situations except for a few demanding areas like F/A18 cold start on Supercarrier, or Black Shark 2 Gauntlet mission when taking off and flying low over the trees (lots of shadows).  With MT I get mostly 30 FPS except if I'm flying high and there is not much complexity in the view.  Then it will occasionally jump to 45 FPS, but not consistently.  The DCS frame rate counter says that I am CPU bound.  Let me know if you need more info.  Happy to help.

Mike M.

I have exactlyt the same problem with my Valve Index. I think that OpenXR under SteamVR is what causes those stutterings. More stutter with MT. All time CPU bound (4090, 32GB and 5900x)

I have Quest 2 over link cable, ASUS X570-PRO, Ryzen 5800X3d, 32 GB RAM @3733 CL14 and RTX3090. In VR I'm getting 24FPS in MT version in rain on carrier deck, 36 FPS in air with identical graphics setting as in previous beta where I had constant 40FPS in Mission 10 of Operation Sandworm. DCS is installed on m.2. PCI express 4.0 1TB. I keep getting way worse performance and performance monitor in DCS it's saying CPU bound. When I look in the task manager not all cores are utilized, similar as in regular non MT version.

F-14, A-10CII, F/A-18, Spitfire, FC3, Supercarrier and all of the maps/terrains 

R7 5800X, 32GB DDR4 3733GHz CL14, RTX3090, Sound blaster Z, Oculus Quest 2 and Reverb G2, WINWING F/A-18 Orion HOTAS...

1 hour ago, cyristvirus said:

Can you explain what you did exactly?

so I started with slow repair of DCS via DCS updater (that did nothing), then one of my friends suggested completely deleting a DCS folder that is in Saved Games, so I deleted, game created new folder on the startup and that fixed the issue,from there I just copy pasted kneeboards, liveries, controls from the old folder and it works perfectly now...

In my opinion it was caused by some old contents of Scripts/Mods (or any other similar) folder but that is just a guess, I was not able to pinpoint what exactly caused it.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Fiber_23 said:

so I started with slow repair of DCS via DCS updater (that did nothing), then one of my friends suggested completely deleting a DCS folder that is in Saved Games, so I deleted, game created new folder on the startup and that fixed the issue,from there I just copy pasted kneeboards, liveries, controls from the old folder and it works perfectly now...

In my opinion it was caused by some old contents of Scripts/Mods (or any other similar) folder but that is just a guess, I was not able to pinpoint what exactly caused it.

Thanks for the info. I'll try that and report back. 

2 minutes ago, jnr4817 said:

Which folder?

Saved Games\DSC.openbeta I believe

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

1 hour ago, Snuten said:

I have a stutter-fest with the MT version, both with HT on or off. I have a i9 9900K, Rtx3090, 32 gb ram and running VR with a G2. I also see that the default AI-trains on the ground is not going same fps as the game, looks almost like stop motion animated. Cars are moving normal though (The Channel map) 

So did you delete(moved) the OpenBeta folder in saved games, then copied over you config for bindings? Or how should I do it? Im afraid of loosing all settings I have for the non MT version that runs very well right now.

I would rename the saved folder not delete and let DCS make a new one once restarted . At least if all goes wrong you still have old savedgames folder . 

• Like 1

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

2 minutes ago, KoN said:

I would rename the saved folder not delete and let DCS make a new one once restarted . At least if all goes wrong you still have old savedgames folder . 

I thouht that backing up this folder before removing it would be automatic even without mentioning it, so of course, please back it up before deleting!

1 hour ago, Gryzor said:

I have exactlyt the same problem with my Valve Index. I think that OpenXR under SteamVR is what causes those stutterings. More stutter with MT. All time CPU bound (4090, 32GB and 5900x)

SteamVR and MT and OpenXR might be the problem . That might be a good idea . Maybe test with out openXR . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

Hi all. 

I'm not that tech savvy when it comes to all these nuances regarding threading and upscaling, image resolution and what not. All I aim to do is fly in VR with a decent Flying sim. 

I got the update like everyone else thinking it was going to improve my experience in VR with DCS. I know its day 2 of PT but, I'm having the same CPU bottlenecking like others. I even replaced the Saved games folder. No change. I even changed the power setting to Ultimate for the PC. No change. So there has to be something going on somewhere deep in the depths of the software to still be experiencing nothing more than what I had before the update was released. 

In 2D I get a massive 120-125fps using GPU bound (green). In VR it's a horrible 18-36 inconsistently CPU bound (red). 

Somewhat disappointed but like I said its day 2 of the PT and there is lots of unlayed road ahead for the stable release yet.

I'm using the Oculus quest 2, Nvidia 2060, I7-10700 @2.90ghz and 32 gb ram. DCS is installed on it's very own drive as well. I like to make it feel special. It's special to me. ; P

10 minutes ago, Murph77 said:

Hi all. 

I'm not that tech savvy when it comes to all these nuances regarding threading and upscaling, image resolution and what not. All I aim to do is fly in VR with a decent Flying sim. 

I got the update like everyone else thinking it was going to improve my experience in VR with DCS. I know its day 2 of PT but, I'm having the same CPU bottlenecking like others. I even replaced the Saved games folder. No change. I even changed the power setting to Ultimate for the PC. No change. So there has to be something going on somewhere deep in the depths of the software to still be experiencing nothing more than what I had before the update was released. 

In 2D I get a massive 120-125fps using GPU bound (green). In VR it's a horrible 18-36 inconsistently CPU bound (red). 

Somewhat disappointed but like I said its day 2 of the PT and there is lots of unlayed road ahead for the stable release yet.

I'm using the Oculus quest 2, Nvidia 2060, I7-10700 @2.90ghz and 32 gb ram. DCS is installed on it's very own drive as well. I like to make it feel special. It's special to me. ; P

VR is much more CPU intensive and 2.90ghz looks a bit low to me. 

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Yeah true, not really in the position to increase that at the moment. Unless there is something internally I can do to the system. I'm a little apprehensive in case I break it. lol

Updated:

just had a look at it actually and the base speed is 2.9. But with the Ultimate mode enabled it is now 4.6

Edited by Murph77

I tried and renamed the whole DCS.openbeta folder in saved games folder, after a full repair. New folders and files was created, still the same thing though. CPU Bound regarding DCS fps monitor. And regarding OpenXR performance monitor I have lots of cpu headroom, but occasionally it shows GPU bound with heavy stutter and frame drops. So for me it did't help much. 😕

So will continue without out MT for now.

My CPU is an i7 9700k at 3.6Ghz.

I'm playing the Operation Epsom campaign and my CPU is maxed out at 100% for entire missions. The gameplay is mostly pretty smooth though.

I'm telling myself this is likely to just be the Operation Epsom campaign as it constantly loads massive numbers of units. Anybody got any thoughts on this?

To my mind a 9th gen i7 isn't THAT old. For me, I know my RTX 2060 is the limiting factor but yea I wouldn't expect my CPU to be maxing out. That being said, I'm not aware there's any issues with a CPU running at 100%, they're designed to do that.