AFAC/JTAC Laser Point / IR illuminator does not render in NVGs since MT update

Since updating, lasers aimed by other aircraft do not appear on NVGs.

First encountered in multiplayer with a player using lightening pod - confirmed laser was ON and IR pointer was ON, did not render in my NVGs.

Next encountered in a multiplayer server using CTLD JTAC.  prior to update, CTLD JTAC had laser visible on NVGs, now it is not.

Created a test mission with an MQ9 as AFAC lasing targets using inbuilt AFAC - confirmed that missiles tracked AFAC laser, but pointer never appeared in NVGs - tracks attached for this occurrence showing behavior in both MT and ST versions.

YouTube video showing the problem at 

As a side note, it appears that the AFAC cannot hit the broad side of a barn in MT.  All myhellfires missed in the MT test, but they all hit in ST.

laser spot mt.trk laser spot st.trk

DxDiag.txt

dcs.log

laser spot mt2.trk

Edited by ShuRugal
added YT video
  • Like 3

Thanks for the bug report - I just wanted to also update along the same path.

In M1 Abram tank using NVG and Laser | IR view and IR pointer, both from gunner and commander using Binos, cannot be seen from ground / air.

Same fault as above, LASER not able to be seen from Huey flying above with NVG on.

Cheers all - BTW - MT is f'n amazing!!!! Thanks ED

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Try to use IR pointer with A10CII and Combined arms today and the IR laser is not visible with nvg with both module. I've tried alone so just be able to confirm that problem come from inside cockpit or vehicule perspective. That problem only occur in MT.

Edited by Strannix

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As of 2.8.7.42583, the behavior has changed slightly. In MT, the illuminated object now has a glow when painted that's fairly visible, and there is a beam but it's very very faint. So faint that it's easily washed out by moonlight. So faint it didn't even appear in the screenshots I took. But if you already know where to look, or can get a really dark background behind it, you can sometimes see it. Meanwhile, in ST, the beam is still quite bright slicing through the night. I tried this with both the UH-1 and the AH-64.

So some improvement in 2.8.7.42583 MT, but still not on par with ST.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...