F/A-18C Hornets display button graphics weird after update.

Wiggo
Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

Hi! Today My DCS Open Beta updated itself to version 2.8.4.38497 (My update installing date 13 march 2023). I noticed that in Hornet display button graphics have gone weird. Buttons dont "go down" when pushed, what comes to grahpical feedback. They work, but they dont go down as they used to when pushed. Or have I seen them wrong whole this time? 🙂 I bet they have gone down before, as I have kinda used it to muscle memory feedback that button is pushed... But yeah. Tried even repair DCS but it is there. Can anyone reply / confirm this bug?

Ok. Thanks. Have flown with hornet just couple of months so you can Imagine how I wondered yesterday "have they ever moved?" 😄 And it is only those two upper displays. Coloured bottom display buttons work still normally. Weird bug isnt it? I just wonder how did that even happen.. Have cockpit gotten some updates, or might it even be some changes to cockpit system of DCS for F-15E working.. ? Just interested, as it seems weird bug, as that cockpit has been working pretty long time. But yeah. The buttons still do their job, it is just when you do pretty much everything at startup etc. from muscle memory, and just have watched the feedback "button goes down -> ok it took my press -> next" 😄 Well maby by this I learn "back" also to watch what is happening on the screen... 🙂 Thanks for answer, it is good always to know I am not alone with some "weirdomobs". 

3 minutes ago, Wiggo said:

Ok. Thanks. Have flown with hornet just couple of months so you can Imagine how I wondered yesterday "have they ever moved?" 😄 And it is only those two upper displays. Coloured bottom display buttons work still normally. Weird bug isnt it? I just wonder how did that even happen.. Have cockpit gotten some updates, or might it even be some changes to cockpit system of DCS for F-15E working.. ? Just interested, as it seems weird bug, as that cockpit has been working pretty long time. But yeah. The buttons still do their job, it is just when you do pretty much everything at startup etc. from muscle memory, and just have watched the feedback "button goes down -> ok it took my press -> next" 😄 Well maby by this I learn "back" also to watch what is happening on the screen... 🙂 Thanks for answer, it is good always to know I am not alone with some "weirdomobs". 

And yeah, I´m pretty sure that it worked still at wednesday / before I updated the OB yesterday, or atleast immediatly at first startup noticed that. (just for info if it is any use.) THANKS once again for fast support from ED (more or less). This is really BEST in DCS, that I can ask / tell stuff and you guys REALLY answer me! ❤️

• Like 1

Hey there, 

as per title, It seems I cant get the ddi buttons to animate when I click on them. AMPCD buttons works great but DDI pb dont move anymore when pressed. 

On the UFC, all buttons move when clicked except the I/P button (but action is registered in the control assignment) 

Anyone else noticed this behaviour? 

Same in OB ST or MT... 

BR

• Like 1

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

• ED Team

Hi, 

I have already reported this one to the team 

thank you for the report however. 

Best regards

bignewy

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

the 20 push buttons around the F18 MDI's (left and right) do not depress when clicked (but the colour central display works ok)

-----------------------------------------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5800X @ 4.8Gz; MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk; GeForce RTX 4090 MSI Trio;  32MB DDR4 @ 3600Mhz; Samsung 980 pro M.2; Varjo Aero VR; Thrustmaster Warthog stick, Viper TQS throttle & MFD's; Monza SR-P pedals

• 1 month later...