P-47 Instant blows up by hard landing after last patch

303_Kermit

Hi. Yesterday after the patch our squad started a bit fool around with Warbirds on Gudauta AF. I set 18m/s crosswind and we practiced landings. We took several planes, and there were many landing gears broken. Most warbirds were able to perform a pretty kangaroo-style-landings but jugs tend to...Explode instead of breaking landing gear. Is it connected with lower ground position of P-47 after last path? Belly landings seem to be quite safe , but lowering landing gear is a risky business, and a bounced landing looks just as safe as shaking nitroglycerin bottle.

Can you please check if it's a bug or (god forbid) a feature? 

@Edit: In case of any doubts, just try to land hard enough to bend a landing gear. P-47 will explode.
@Edit 2: Tailwheel spring & damping effect seem to be totally removed in MP. It's as stiff as the parrot in Monty Python sketch...

With my best regards
Kermit

WW2WELT_Wrony_training_caucasus_20230414.miz

Edited by 303_Kermit
  • Like 1

Flying axis mostly these days so can I kindly request that Ed fix this bug ... to make the jugs blow up on takeoff instead of landing 😝

All joking aside I've heard quite a few talk about this so must be a bug.

• Like 2

sig sm.png

walshtimothyWW2 virtual flier - currently playing on 4ya ww2 - youtube channel here

https://www.ww2adinfinitum.blog -  https://projectoverlord.co.uk/

Yeah there deffo seems to issue since the last update, today in the one life event we lost 4 jugs to a weird gear bounce. it seems to be related to mp, recieving damage in mp as we had some flak damage or just recieving damage in general. Also there seems to be a difference between sp and mp in how they feel when the wheels touch the runway. in the quick landing mission i just went 10/10 with various approaches and been intentionally rough with some of them and no explosion. mine in the one life happened while rolling down the runway

• 303_Kermit changed the title to P-47 Instant blows up by hard landing after last patch
  • ED Team

we will take a look, does anyone have a short track replay?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, Lord Vader said:

Hey @303_Kermitand repliers

This was reproduced and reported internally for analysis. Seems more evident if the propeller hits the ground.

Hmm that may explain why I exploded by hitting a small (1m) fence.
I love you ED. Thanks 🙂

My best regards and admiration

Kermit

Edited by 303_Kermit
  • Like 1

I needed a refresh in the Jug so set up a simple mission to train on. Twice on take off I spontaneously combusted. I'm sure I hit nothing, though I was fully laden and a bit wonky.

I've blown up twice on landing, both I'd have 'walked away from' if secret squirrels weren't seemingly detonating the radio set along with the Jug and everything in it. Something's up.

Edited by Slippa
Squirrel made me do it