Randomly unable to contact the ground crew or anyone on radio?

jubuttib

Hello !

So I tested again this evening.

I said in my previous post that the issue was happening after going to the F10 map then back to the cockpit. This is not the case.

In fact, just as others said, the menu cannot be invoked as soon as you have used it once.

Here is a DCS.log as requested. What I did was :

1. Delete dcs.log to start a fresh and lean one
  2. Start DCS with the MT executable
  3. Mission Editor > Create new mission > Marianas Island, Modern Era > Drop a player controllable AV-8B plane on an runway > Save Mission > Flight mission
  4. Once in the cockpit I invoke the communication menu with the keyboard key > it shows up
  5. Close the communication menu
  6. Invoke the communication menu again : nothing happens.
  7. Tries a few times
  8. Exit to desktop
  9. Post here !

I have tested the same mission just now by replacing the AV-8B plane with a P51D (another plane I fly often). No problem with the communication menu. This tends to show that the problem is relative to the plane module you choose.

Hope this helps to investigate.

Thanks

dcs.log

22 hours ago, FusRoPotato said:

I can get the menu to show again by hitting com1 PTT, but in order to get it to show again, I have to hit com2 PTT. Basically alternate back and forth to open the comms menu. Weird bug, perhaps there is something wrong in the control commands file like an overlapping definition.

Exactly this....

• Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Thank you. Issue reproduced and reported. 👍

By the way, your workaround doesn't seem to work for me. Which command(s) do you call to get COM2 to show up?

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

7 hours ago, Flappie said:

Thank you. Issue reproduced and reported. 👍

By the way, your workaround doesn't seem to work for me. Which command(s) do you call to get COM2 to show up?

Great thank you! I use the bindings below. Re the workaround, are you actually selecting a menu action when you bring up the second COM menu? I just use F12 to exit. This should then allow you to bring up the menu for COM1.

image.png

null

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

On 6/16/2023 at 4:08 AM, Flappie said:

This issue has been fixed internally.

No, its not fixed.

Computer: Potato

Modules: FC3 | M2000C | A/V8B | Viggen | F-5E | F-14B | F-16C | F/A-18 | A-10C | Supercarrier :mad::mad: | UH-1 | MI-8 | Gazelle | KA-50

1 hour ago, marcoscosta said:

No, its not fixed.

"fixed internally" means that it is incorporated in an unreleased build, and should be in the next Open Beta.

• Thanks 1

Pimax Crystal, Asus ProArt X670E-Creator, Ryzen 7950X3D, 64gb DDR5, RTX 4090 FE, Magic Trackpad 3, Warthog HOTAS, Warthog Throttle and TPR pedals.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, carlosfly74 said:

Hello. Any changes? Bug fix? It has been unusable for almost a month now.

Comms are working for me in DCS 2.8.6.41363 Open Beta, although I have to toggle back and forth between Comm 1 and Comm 2 to get the communication menu to appear, but then I can switch to the proper radio once it's on the screen. So, working, but not as expected.

Pimax Crystal, Asus ProArt X670E-Creator, Ryzen 7950X3D, 64gb DDR5, RTX 4090 FE, Magic Trackpad 3, Warthog HOTAS, Warthog Throttle and TPR pedals.

On 6/13/2023 at 7:15 PM, Gunnar81 said:

This affects all comms from what I can tell and not just contacting the ground crew. Even trying to bring up Comm 1 often requires toggling Comm 2 to get Comm 1 to come up as a menu. Hopefully this will get reported as a Bug and will get sorted out ASAP.

Thats exactly the issue i am seeing. I thought it might have been a faulty switch on my Warthog throttle but no, to get COMM1 (FWD) I need to go AFT for COMM2 then FWD to get the COMM1 menu up.

I even tested it on all other modules i own just in case and had no issues - the Throttle switch worked as intended. Just semes to be a weird Harrier issue. Even tried remapping the COMM1 switch in controls and its the same. To get COMM1 I need to go to COMM2 then back to COMM1.

At least it looks like its been addressed and will be updated in next OB build?

Edited by EcosseFlyer

Wookie

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 3600XT@4.4GHz+ || MSI B450 Tomahawk Max || MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z || 32GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 RAM@3200 || 32" Monitor || Win 10 Home || TM Warthog HOTAS || Logitech ProFlight Pedals || TrackHat Clip || Rift S

Modules: A-10C & A-10C II || KA-50 2 & 3 || FC3 || CA || UH-1H || AV-8B || L-39 || F-86F || F-5 II || Mi-8 || M-2000C || F/A-18 || SA-342 || Super Carrier || F-14A/B || AH-64D

Maps: Caucasus || NTTR || Persian Gulf || Marianas || Syria

On 7/24/2023 at 1:37 PM, AlphaJuliet said:

Should've been fixed in last OB patch

You mean that according to you it has been fixed or you mean they didn't even though clearly they should have?

Windows 10-64bits, i7-8700k, GTX 1080Ti, 32 Gb RAM, MSI Monitor 32in 165Hz.

Mirage 2000C, F5-E, Mig21bis, A10-C, FC3, F-18, AV-8B N/A, F-14, F-16, SuperCarrier

• 5 months later...

I think this is the same issue that I'm seeing in other aircraft when ATC communication or Ground Crew communication interrupts work on the other order; definitely not limited to the AV-8B.

• Thanks 1