p51 engine die quick

Coco22

Only thing i can think of is that you applied full power just after spawn, and game engine need time before engine simulation reach stable phase. Next time wait till temps stabilize and then change power. 

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Coco22:

i don t think is that, some time in game i take off fly 20 min, then go full power and engine died really quick in the minute.

Sometimes it works and sometimes not, so it is always advisable to follow the procedures

1 hour ago, Coco22 said:

i have been flying the p51 for 2 years i know the procedures 

Take note that recent cooling upgrade, increased warming time on the ground some old habits may be harmful for engine now.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

You should also Reduce Throttle first then Prop RPM and Increase Engine RPM First before adding Throttle. To avoid Cylinder PSI issues. I never Put faith in the Auto Oil and radiator Engine Cooling vents. Open them up and leave them Open not on Auto. When you have the time to watch them (Not in Combat) then put them in Auto but Watchout for the Oil Temp I have had it NOT open for it when it should. As you said You know the procedures. Double check everything I turned off my Fuel Booster pump the other day and forgot to turn it back on and ran out of fuel in the left tank and freaked out when the Right tank didn't restart my Engine in hard climb. My Bad

I said the first part wrong and have corrected it sorry.

Edited by DishDoggie

3 minutes ago, Coco22 said:

i fly a lot the p51 and that not a problem from me is the some time the engine die and the message is: engine life 
It s not a overheat issue

Have you Checked to see that Random Failures or Breakdowns is not on in the Settings?  

Edited by DishDoggie

Am 15.5.2023 um 21:46 schrieb Coco22:

i fly a lot the p51 and that not a problem from me is the some time the engine die and the message is: engine life 
It s not a overheat issue

can you please create a new track that does not contain multiple aircraft

• Like 1

P51 engine test 4.51.trkthe engine dies before 5 min. Sometimes it s more 10min and sometimes he die in 1 minute or 2 minute. I can do a test where the engine die in 1 minute but juste gonna take me some times and the first track i think is good for that.

Some one know how the engine really work in dcs? I think we got a engine with a random life time, this is why sometime the engine die fast, i got the same with the P47. i have no problem like this with the 109 and the spit.
I remenber the FW190D9 got a bug like this with random engine failure and the bug got fix maybe the same.

Edited by Coco22

@Coco22 It can't be matter of engine life time because 10min life time is way too short. It is rather matter of bug or miss managing engine.

• Like 1

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Coco22:

P51 engine test 4.51.trkthe engine dies before 5 min. Sometimes it s more 10min and sometimes he die in 1 minute or 2 minute. I can do a test where the engine die in 1 minute but juste gonna take me some times and the first track i think is good for that.

Some one know how the engine really work in dcs? I think we got a engine with a random life time, this is why sometime the engine die fast, i got the same with the P47. i have no problem like this with the 109 and the spit.
I remenber the FW190D9 got a bug like this with random engine failure and the bug got fix maybe the same.

this track is clearly better! thanks for the effort.

if you can, a track where the engine dies after 1-2 minutes would be best.
I will also try the same and make a few tests on it

• Like 1

So after all, when you touch 67 inch in P-51 death timer starts counting, this issue is old at least as my presence on this forum (2017) still not solved.

Pretty much all P-51 manuals mention that after 5 to 10 hours of accumulated WEP engine is send to full teardown and inspection. But after at least 5h of accumulated WEP and still in DCS engine dies after single touch of WEP.

• Like 2

vor 10 Minuten schrieb grafspee:

So after all, when you touch 67 inch in P-51 death timer starts counting, this issue is old at least as my presence on this forum (2017) still not solved.

Pretty much all P-51 manuals mention that after 5 to 10 hours of accumulated WEP engine is send to full teardown and inspection. But after at least 5h of accumulated WEP and still in DCS engine dies after single touch of WEP.

ah interesting, did the error also occur so randomly at that time?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ Puzzling. Although low airspeed and high power don't mix well (I'm referring to that merry-go-round in second half of the track), temps and pressures never got above the redline it seems and radiator doors never had to open fully.

We need Nineline with that X-ray damage ctrl tool to take a deeper look at what happened here.

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.