Bug: STT extrapolation for IRST is gone

Another patch, another bug gets added to the ever growing list of bugs with the Su-27 fire control system:

In BVR mode, there is no longer any extrapolation in STT when the IRST is used as primary sensor. Even the slightest interruptions, such as target toggling afterburner for one millisecond or the gimbal being exceeded for 0.0001° for a splitsecond, will cause the STT lock to instantly fail.

The ATK symbol used to flash for a few seconds, showing that the track was in extrapolation mode with the chance of continuing if the target entered tracking parameters again (mainly IR signature related for IRST).

But now the STT immediately breaks, because the extrapolation mode is broken.

In this track, the target accelerates away from me. As soon as it gets out of IRST range, STT instantly breaks. No flashing of ATK, no extrapolation.

IRST_ATK.trk

In the next track, you can see that the Heater LA bug is still not fixed and I am allowed to launch the missile that does not even see the target yet. Then I roll, and immediately the IRST lock breaks due to exceeding gimbal limits, without ATK flashing + extrapolation.

HEATER_LA+IRST_ATK.trk

In both cases, the STT lock should enter the extrapolation state, where the target movement is extrapolated based on the last known parameters. Only if after a few seconds it can still not acquire the target again it should drop the lock.

I am honestly a bit baffled how seemingly no work is done for FC3 issues and yet there are still new bugs finding their way into the game?

(G-Limiter fix for Su-33 is very appreciated! But there is still such a long list to go!)

Edited by BlackPixxel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • ED Team

We still have a report open and the team will take a look as soon as they have free time. 

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@BlackPixxel,

I completely missed this, when you first posted it. I just downloaded the tracks and viewed them. Don’t know if they’re playing as originally recorded but there’s no radar STT lock showing in either track. And the OEPS doesn’t produce a target track on its own to extrapolate from.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 1 month later...

The solution to the problem is to play better, learn more, try more things!

You search for Head On targets at a high (HI) radar repetition frequency setting, in which case the radar's performance is the strongest so that you can search for and attack the Head On targets! If you decide to attack a target and want to destroy it, as soon as you reach a distance of 40 km from the target in air combat, then at a distance of 40 km you press the radar repeat frequency change button twice, in this case ILV (High and Medium frequency alternating repeat frequency) will be the radar. This is the point to be in this radar mode at a distance of 40 km and below, where the EO operation is automatic. In this case, if the attacked target performs a beam maneuver, the EO will protect you from losing track of the target. You can be an even more professional pilot and after you lock the target with the radar, immediately after that manually turn on the OLS by pressing the O button to allow all your sensors to follow the attacked target and eliminate any possibility of losing the target!

It would be very good if the developers would care a little about the FC3 product, and all members of the Flanker and Fulcrum family would work in such a way that the EO operation would be automatic even in HI and MED and ILV modes.

Edited by Fighterinterceptor

On 3/5/2024 at 1:37 AM, Fighterinterceptor said:

The solution to the problem is to play better, learn more, try more things!

You search for Head On targets at a high (HI) radar repetition frequency setting, in which case the radar's performance is the strongest so that you can search for and attack the Head On targets! If you decide to attack a target and want to destroy it, as soon as you reach a distance of 40 km from the target in air combat, then at a distance of 40 km you press the radar repeat frequency change button twice, in this case ILV (High and Medium frequency alternating repeat frequency) will be the radar. This is the point to be in this radar mode at a distance of 40 km and below, where the EO operation is automatic. In this case, if the attacked target performs a beam maneuver, the EO will protect you from losing track of the target. You can be an even more professional pilot and after you lock the target with the radar, immediately after that manually turn on the OLS by pressing the O button to allow all your sensors to follow the attacked target and eliminate any possibility of losing the target!

It would be very good if the developers would care a little about the FC3 product, and all members of the Flanker and Fulcrum family would work in such a way that the EO operation would be automatic even in HI and MED and ILV modes.

Me EO seems to work automatically in RL or EORL mode. EORL seems to Simply skip memory mode extrapolation and skip straight to EO, so I’ve been using it less for R-27R/ER shots 

The real Fulcrum only had sensor cooperation if “coop” switch is flipped. In such a case, the radar only works in MPRF mode which has 30 km acquisition and 21 km track range. So to do it realistically in Fulcrum, is complicated

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg