Pretense - Dynamic Campaign

Btw. F-15E is present or not yet? Just the question.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

8 hours ago, 4eyes said:

I am curious. Why is the Su-25T not included?

Not having the Su-25T denies access to new players who start out with that jet.  Which limits the number of players who download and try Pretense.    

The Su-25T is included in both the Caucasus and Modern Syria versions.

It is not included in the Cold War version because I didn't feel it fit that era. You have the free A-4E mod on that one if you don't have any other Cold War era modules.

On 8/12/2023 at 10:32 PM, YoYo said:

Btw. F-15E is present or not yet? Just the question.

The F-15E is in both the Caucasus and Modern Syria versions.

On 8/12/2023 at 10:19 PM, ZeroReady said:

Awesome mission thank you! However the Syria mission shows as v1.0 while the change list say it's at 1.1. Is there another download somewhere or is 1.0 updated?

Modern Syria version is v1.0. There's no changelog for it yet, as nothing has changed since release. Maybe you're mistaking it with Syria Cold War?

On 8/11/2023 at 3:07 PM, ww3231 said:

Does the Syria feature same fixes from Caucasus despite being 1.0.0?

The core part of all 3 Pretense missions is the same. Some fixes are specific to each variant though.

On 8/11/2023 at 6:29 PM, 4eyes said:

Please please please WWII Normandy next?

I don't really play WW2 era and I'm not familiar enough with it to make a mission.

I also feel it is quite expensive to buy into it, and not really worth it for me to spend the money, especially if I'm not that interested in it in the first place.

• Like 3

Fantastic campaign, really enjoying this. Thank you very much for creating this Dzsekeb.

Question: Are the "CMD" points not saved? The captured zones are all saved but not the CMD points you earned. The next time i start the campaign the points are back to zero in the player info. ( yes i landed after earning them 😉  )

I9 13900K |  RTX 4090 | 64 GB DDR5 | Varjo Aero

7 minutes ago, Parrotnut said:

Fantastic campaign, really enjoying this. Thank you very much for creating this Dzsekeb.

Question: Are the "CMD" points not saved? The captured zones are all saved but not the CMD points you earned. The next time i start the campaign the points are back to zero in the player info. ( yes i landed after earning them 😉  )

Did you stop the mission right after landing? Persistence is saved once per minute. If you landed, claimed your points and stopped the mission very soon after, it might not have had time for the next save cycle to run.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, pastranario3 said:

Hi, Some possibility of cold war on the South Atlantic map.

I'd +1 that. Been thoroughly enjoying this on Caucasus and Syria, really like the mechanics.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

• 2 weeks later...

Let me preface this by saying I'm not the greatest at the f16 yet. 

But I'm just curious from other players using the f16, if you are experiencing difficulties laying down markpoints in the markpoint specific range of 26 - 30?  I feel like markpoint 26 never takes, sometimes 27 will, and so the whole process has become a bit of a fiddly bit for me to get to work.  I feel the underlying issue might be that the waypoints for the different zones go right through 26 to 30 and are pre loaded, and overwriting them with a markpoint is dicey, but then again as I'm fairly new could be just finger problems on my end. 

This all being said, I'm loving pretense, and some of my best dcs experiences have been playing it! 

I've just attempted this again tonight, (getting the f16 to lay markpoints w/ JHMCS) and it finally worked on markpoint 28, after 26 and 27 failed.

these are my steps:

• AG Mode selected
  • HUD with upper left asterisk as sensor of interest
  • TGP pulled up on left MFD, SMS on right
  • JHMCS set full bright
  • Toggle numeric 7 for markpoint on the ICP
  • TMS Up long to get circle in JHMCS
  • pick random spot on the ground I want to land a markpoint
  • press TMS up once to ground stabilize, and then up again to lay the markpoint.
  • visibly check the DED that the markpoint has indeed advanced to "27" from 26
  • hit the RTN on the ICP
  • Toggle numeric 4 for Steerpoint on the ICP
  • Enter 26 for the steerpoint and press enter
  • attempt everything I can on the TGP (CZ, SP, CZ again, TGT) to get it look at "markpoint 26" instead it will continue to gaze at waypoint 26 which correlates to one of the zones.

I'll do this again for markpoint 27 - sometimes it will work, tonight it didn't work until my third go around and finally logged markpoint 28 as one I could look at through the TGP.

if anyone can see something I'm doing wrong I'd love to know - having a ton of fun in the mountains taking out the smaller encampments!

Ok, this was totally my bad.  I've figured out what I was doing wrong and while relatively unrelated to pretense at this point now, and has to do more with my misunderstanding I wanted to post what I found. 

When I would lay markpoints, I would always wait for the markpoint number on the ded to advance (Ie from 26 to 27)as visual confirmation it took.  My problem was in thinking when the DED advanced to 27, it was the markpoint 26 that I had just put in, whereas it was actually markpoint 27 that had just logged. So of course when I went to steerpoint 26 the tgp would look at a location associated with a zone.  Pretty silly, but that was my issue. 

I edited the Syria CW for the sake of restricting some weapons to better fit the era (eg.: AGM-65H/K, S-8OFP2, BK-90), if anyone is interested here is the file.

Pretense_hotstart_syria_cw_1.0.4.miz

I was thinking about restricting anything up to 1980, but then some planes would get stripped of its strong points, like the A-10A, as there is no AGM-65A/B for it. I thought about allowing only the H variant as it's seeker resemble more the older non-IR variants. Also I'm not sure were to begin editing AI aircraft without breaking Dzsekeb's work.

Edited by Skuva
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon Dzsekeb

First of all love you mission and enjoying it very much in the CW. I like a lot specially the GCI code I think is great and more easy to intercept planes than with the default DCS AWACS.

Could you please publish this Script independently to make CW missions? If this is asking too much or I sound rude, Sorry in advance its just that I think it would be a great addition to the community. Im slowly learning scripting but this is still too much for me.

12 hours ago, negrete said:

Good afternoon Dzsekeb

First of all love you mission and enjoying it very much in the CW. I like a lot specially the GCI code I think is great and more easy to intercept planes than with the default DCS AWACS.

Could you please publish this Script independently to make CW missions? If this is asking too much or I sound rude, Sorry in advance its just that I think it would be a great addition to the community. Im slowly learning scripting but this is still too much for me.

https://github.com/Dzsek/dcs-utility-scripts/blob/main/PretenseGCI.lua

• Thanks 1

I am blown away @Dzsekeb.  Thank you so much for laboring away at this persistent world!  I can't imagine the amount of time you've spent perfecting this mission (and your Foothold missions).  I introduced Pretense to my flying buddies and we absolutely LOVE it.  

We are flying the modern Syria mission.  There's just 3 of us, but WOW are we hooked.  Installed the Hercules and Blackhawk mods too.  This is just too darn fun.  Anyone considering giving this a try should immediately do so .... It's a blast.

Added myself to your discord to keep informed.  I'm sure you hear this all the time ...ED could gleen a thing or two from this creation.  Heck, just a couple days of paid assistance could really help position their work on the Dynamic Campaign.  

Regardless, just wanted to say thanks.  I saw the donation link over on GitHub.  Hope you haven't paid for a beer in quite some time!  

Hope you're back in DCS soon after your hiatus.  Your talents are appreciated.

• Like 3

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Hello Dzsekeb. The last couple of days i got this error when i start the Caucasus Pretense campaign. Do you maybe have a idea what could be wrong?

When i press "OK" the campaing continues without anything strange happening it seems . Regards, Frank

Edit:  Hmmm, since i placed this message i didn't see this error anymore. Maybe it solved by it self  :blow:

Screenshot 2023-11-01 190701.png

Edited by Parrotnut

I9 13900K |  RTX 4090 | 64 GB DDR5 | Varjo Aero