Cockpit view cuts off engine rpm display

HR-Crumble
Go to solution Solved by Tholozor,

Hi all,

it’s taken me about a month of filling around with FOV, camera angle, tracking IR settings and head position but I always end with the same issue:

My view of the cockpit always cuts off the top of the engine RPM display so I have to almost lean down and forward to see the rpm. 

Anyone else have anything similar with the hornet?

• Solution

I usually tilt my head down and left and have no issues. A track or a screen of your center head position may help, but ultimately everyone will probably have a different saved cockpit view for their personal preference.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

I gave up on keeping track of engine RPM, it's always half-hidden under the protruding ledge of the button-row of the DDI 😛

Just curious, why do what to know the engine rpm? I don't mean this in any offensive way, I'm just wondering 🙂

First become an aviator, then become a terminator

Flying around with the burners barely lit up for a few minutes without realising is not ideal. If you don’t have a physical AB detent, setting MIL power can be tricky, hence I glance down here to see RPM, FF and nozzle position. I too sometimes have to tilt my head to see everything.

20 hours ago, HR-Crumble said:

Hi all,

it’s taken me about a month of filling around with FOV, camera angle, tracking IR settings and head position but I always end with the same issue:

My view of the cockpit always cuts off the top of the engine RPM display so I have to almost lean down and forward to see the rpm. 

Anyone else have anything similar with the hornet?

Under Settings->Controls->'Cockpit Views', there are the keybinds for moving around your head position.  I think the defaults are LSHFT+LCTRL+Arrow keys?  If you move your head back to maybe 6" in front of the headrest (where your head would be), you can see the engine panel pretty well.  The problem, of course, is that it's a 3D cockpit--you may be far enough away from your monitor that you have to increase the FOV to too much of a wide angle, and it might be too small to read.

• 1 month later...

I have never looked at rpm so not sure if I can see it. But I balanced my FOV, head position etc to get me as wide and tall view as possible w/o making all the labels too small to be easily read. Beyond that Track IR5 let's me move my head around to see something specific on the panel better and I do that a LOT.