Cannot get ground crew to release chocks

pylotjon

Hi all- I'm doing a cold and dark start, and when I ask the ground crew to release chocks, I dont get a reply or chocks to remove. I am also not able to talk with ATC- Is there something Im missing? I can go through the entire startup procedure without any issues besides this..Thanks for any help!

It happenned to me yesterday, it's not connected to canopy or mic switch. I loaded the plane and it was impossible to take the off - engines running, switches on or of, canopy open or closed. So I realoaded the mission and it worked with cold and dark, canopy open and closed. So I suppose it is a bug.

• Like 2

Usually, to give Ground crew commands, you must have an open cabin, at least that's how most models are coded. Here, you may also need to have some internal channel open for voice communication with ground staff.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

16 minutes ago, Kiwi_Viper said:

cant uncage backup ADI either doesnt do anything

Left click and hold, then rotate the mouse wheel, finally release the left mouse button - that's how it works for me.

1 hour ago, pylotjon said:

ok, Mic switch is on, engines running, all is working but still ground crew wont answer when I request chocks to be removed...this is crazy...

I've seen it after repairs (on the Tomcat), where I had the same issue, the solution was to cycle the chocks... have the ground crew place them again, even though they are already there, and then they will remove them... haven't had the issue with the 15 yet, but let us know if that works. 🙂

• Like 1

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

On 6/24/2023 at 3:11 AM, Yurgon said:

Left click and hold, then rotate the mouse wheel, finally release the left mouse button - that's how it works for me.

hmm ok will try again i did try that but maybe didt time it right thanks

yeh that did it thanks i must have been letting go button before i should have

Edited by Kiwi_Viper
checked

Ryzen 7 7800x3D with AIO, RTX4080 Eagle OC, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz HP Reverb G2 & Pico4 Windows 11 Pro

17 hours ago, Yurgon said:

Yep, works but only for push and turn max clockwise.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I did the cold and dark in Caucasus, mic’s on, closed canopy, could remove wheel chocks through ground crew menu on radio 1

• Like 1

Alienware Aurora R10, Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX4080, 32GB RAM, Pimax Crystal, Winwing F18 throttle, VKB Gunfighter F14 Stick, VKB Modern Combat Grip, Logitech Rudder pedals, DOF Reality H3

5 hours ago, dporter22 said:

I'm only able to remove wheel chocks if the canopy is open. This is obviously not accurate...

No, it's correct. Ground crew can't hear you from inside the closed canopy. You have to talk through ICS with MIC on. This is simulated in other modules too.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

16 hours ago, dporter22 said:

I wonder if it has something to do with multiplayer then, because in single player I can place/remove the chocks just fine regardless of the Mic switch position, canopy position, or whether engines are running or not.

You probably have easy communications / radios switched on, which will take effect in SP but gets over-ridden by the MP settings (most servers have it disabled).

• Like 1

Yesterday I did a cold start with procedure for the first time, everything was ok, no problem. The chocks have been removed, also with the closed canopy (not needed). Check you comm settings in DCS, maybe you are on Easy comm?

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 6/23/2023 at 3:13 AM, pylotjon said:

Hi all- I'm doing a cold and dark start, and when I ask the ground crew to release chocks, I dont get a reply or chocks to remove. I am also not able to talk with ATC- Is there something Im missing? I can go through the entire startup procedure without any issues besides this..Thanks for any help!

This is a BUG...it works fine on HOT-START missions. I'm reporting it in the Bug Section now.
https://forum.dcs.world/forum/1173-bugs-and-problems/

On 6/23/2023 at 6:41 AM, YoYo said:

Usually, to give Ground crew commands, you must have an open cabin, at least that's how most models are coded. Here, you may also need to have some internal channel open for voice communication with ground staff.

In DCS we can't do hand signals like for real, so just having the command in the menu no matter what the canopy or engine or comm state is the best thing to do.

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So far I've had no issues getting the chocks removed, singleplayer and multiplayer (dedicated server), doing cold starts, and usually with the canopy down when I request to remove the chocks.

Those of you who have an issue here, can you try and get a track that's as short as possible to showcase the problem?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JUICE-AWG said:

In DCS we can't do hand signals like for real, so just having the command in the menu no matter what the canopy or engine or comm state is the best thing to do.

No? Perhaps you didnt see this:

(Good idea for the future 😂)

• Like 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

On 6/27/2023 at 3:32 AM, JUICE-AWG said:

In DCS we can't do hand signals like for real

Tomcat and Hornet drivers can salute 🫡