Dcs-world - Low Frames GTX1080

Go to solution Solved by draconus,

On 7/14/2023 at 12:11 AM, MbR2XgD said:

I don't know yet. When I start the NS430, the framerate changes to 20, 60, 47, 80, 24, 70, etc...
Now the F15E and F14B the framerate is very low too.

If you still need help you can contact me in discord, via Eagle Dynamics Discord.

https://discord.com/invite/eagledynamics

and @RosyPlays in #dcs-help-room channel.

• Like 1

@Scott-S6

In your last screen grab your RAM is 98% utilised which is absolutely going to cause performance issues but DCS is only using 20. What it using the rest? How is your swap file configured?
A: I don't remember anymore but It's Dcs-mt only with 98% RAM (GTX1080). The other programs are less than 10%.
My computer is always 10% or less running in normal mode(Idle).

Also, the NS430 is VERY memory intensive, especially with the moving map, and absolutely will cause stutters with 32GB of RAM even if your system is otherwise very healthy.
A: Yes. This is not happening in the earlier version of dcs. it's new. My last Video with Mig29C and NS430 with GTX1080(No stutters)

Memory RAM(32GRAM) Dcs MT with GTX1080:
ORlfMeX.jpg

G5L6MFJ.jpg

My paging file system:
7s1GtMw.jpg

Edited by MbR2XgD
🖥 i7 7700K - 32GRAM - GTX1080 Galax EXOC - Gigabyte Z270 Gaming K5 - VR 🕶
🕹Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas - Opentrack(PS3 WebCam) - Ssd1Tb(dcs-world)
( dcs-world && dlrow-csd )?1:1

4 hours ago, MbR2XgD said:

@Scott-S6 Wait. I need to finish my tests before to post here.

In your last screen grab your RAM is 98% utilised which is absolutely going to cause performance issues but DCS is only using 20. What it using the rest? How is your swap file configured?
A: I don't remember anymore but It's Dcs-mt only with 98% RAM (GTX1080). The other programs are less than 10%.
My computer is always 10% or less running in normal mode(Idle).

Also, the NS430 is VERY memory intensive, especially with the moving map, and absolutely will cause stutters with 32GB of RAM even if your system is otherwise very healthy.
A: Yes. This is not happening in the earlier version of dcs. it's new. My last Video with Mig29C and NS430 with GTX1080(No stutters)

Memory RAM(32GRAM) Dcs MT with GTX1080:
ORlfMeX.jpg

G5L6MFJ.jpg

My paging file system:
7s1GtMw.jpg

That doesn't answer my questions.

DCS is using far less than 98% of RAM, what is using the rest while you're running DCS? You are out of RAM so you either need to stop the other things that are using it, get more RAM or make sure your swap file is properly configured on fast storage.

Take that first screen shot again and don't cut it off - let's see everything because you have other apps using 12GB of RAM (far more than 10%). What are they?

4GB is very likely not sufficient swap file if you're maxing out RAM. You need to increase it if you can't reduce RAM usage or upgrade RAM. What storage is it on and what else is on that storage?

The NS430 behaviour is not new, it's been happening for a very long time. Check out the thread that was linked, it was started in 2018.

Edited by Scott-S6

@draconus

The more you tinker with the drivers and windows the less control you have over it all. I hope you do revert the changes when you don't gain significant improvements. Especially the last one (disable full screen optimisations) can cause trouble in DCS. Your fps is generally good/high until the stutters come - these are more like freezes in your case, not normal few ms stutters people usually talk about.
A: I uninstall GTX1080 with DDU(Windows SafeMode no Network) and new Nvidia drivers(RTX3060ti) without Gforce Software.

Can you disable NS430 in DCS Module Manager just for testing? (looked fine until you turned the Garmin on)
A: Yes. The Mig29C is running 100 or more FPS.

Do any other highly demanding 3d game stutter too?
A: No. I tried the Call of Duty Modern Warzone and other games. Unreal Engine 5 and Blender. No Stutters or Freezes.

Tried to resize the pagefile to 32GB already? (seems like I have to ask one thing at a time)
A: I changed. Windows It's better now because I can edit and render 2K my videos with Blender. 
There are no stutters in Unreal Engine 5.

Tried with new clean profile already? (you do it by temporarily renaming "\saved games\dcs world" folder, the new one is created then)
A: Yes, I renaming dcs folder, I have 2 Ssd's, one is Windows and another is Dcs. I Deleted the dcs and installed It again.

Tried with textures low/medium already? (just to exclude RAM/VRAM overloading and swapping)
A: Yes. the same problem with low Textures and Terrain Textures.
4rej6fq.jpg

On 7/26/2023 at 3:57 AM, Scott-S6 said:

DCS is using far less than 98% of RAM, what is using the rest while you're running DCS? You are out of RAM so you either need to stop the other things that are using it, get more RAM or make sure your swap file is properly configured on fast storage.

Take that first screen shot again and don't cut it off - let's see everything because you have other apps using 12GB of RAM (far more than 10%). What are they?

4GB is very likely not sufficient swap file if you're maxing out RAM. You need to increase it if you can't reduce RAM usage or upgrade RAM. What storage is it on and what else is on that storage?

The NS430 behaviour is not new, it's been happening for a very long time. Check out the thread that was linked, it was started in 2018.

A: Yes, the Dcs-mt is 98% RAM and there are programs less than 10% except for the "OBS record". I have 2 ssd's, one is Windows and another is Dcs(Ssd 1Tb, 500MB).
My swap file is "C:" Drive. Is possible to create 2 swap file on "c:" and "d:" drive? I know how to do but It's the worst or better performance?
It's safe to change 64G swap file?

A: Unfortunately, the last Screenshot is RTX3060ti, not GTX1080. the Dcs-mt is 98% RAM and there are programs less than 10% except for the "OBS record".
huPpaX4.jpg

A: I have 2 ssd's, one is Windows and another is Dcs(Ssd 1Tb, 500MB).

A: This is my last video with Mig29C and NS430 without problems, the map is caucasus, the airport is sochi:

testcpugpu2.trk

Edited by MbR2XgD

On 7/26/2023 at 9:59 PM, MbR2XgD said:

A: Yes, the Dcs-mt is 98% RAM and there are programs less than 10% except for the "OBS record". I have 2 ssd's, one is Windows and another is Dcs(Ssd 1Tb, 500MB).
My swap file is "C:" Drive. Is possible to create 2 swap file on "c:" and "d:" drive? I know how to do but It's the worst or better performance?
It's safe to change 64G swap file?

A: Unfortunately, the last Screenshot is RTX3060ti, not GTX1080. the Dcs-mt is 98% RAM and there are programs less than 10% except for the "OBS record".
huPpaX4.jpg

A: I have 2 ssd's, one is Windows and another is Dcs(Ssd 1Tb, 500MB).

A: This is my last video with Mig29C and NS430 without problems, the map is caucasus, the airport is sochi:

testcpugpu2.trk 3.3 MB · 0 downloads

Take the screenshot of RAM usage while DCS is running, sort it by usage and show everything. Your first screenshot shows DCS using 20GB. Your idle screenshot shows 7GB being used. What is using the rest of your RAM? This is the question you need to answer.

I can see from your idle screenshot that you have a lot of unnecessary stuff running. Your first action if you're running out of RAM (which you are) is to close everything that is unrelated to DCS.

Edited by Scott-S6

• Solution

It clearly shows it's all fine until you turn on NS430. Look how stutters begin at around 12:15 and memory starts growing from 7.2 to 9.9GB. Save a track from that test and report here:

https://forum.dcs.world/forum/306-bugs-and-problems/

• Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 6/24/2023 at 6:41 AM, MbR2XgD said:

My graphics card has low frames(60,42 and 24 very quickly). I don't know how to fix it.
I try to change the "graphics.lua",  I change the default settings from Dcs without success.
GTX1080 is too old? I cannot fly anymore.

My current settings:

bYL1x8H.jpg

On the top left very small(frames) and on the right side my PC(Low FPS):

image.png

Disable ground object shadow and reduce ground textures, you are mostly getting your VRAM filled up too much, also use fullscreen, and use shadows medium settings, flat only doesn't have shadows in the cockpit
Make sure you have an SSD for Windows and for DCS (best to one for each), and put 64GB of Pagefile on the C drive (SSD with DRAM cache is better), delete fxo and metashaders2 at each update and graphical setting change and driver update

My Setup : i5-4690 3.50GHz + 24GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz + MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus OC + 2 SSD + 4 HDD + Oculus Rift CV1 + TM T.16000M Hotas

Super Etendard for Life !

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2023 at 7:20 PM, Flappie said:

Yes, it's the terrain mode that does this, and I see it is enabled in the first video of this thread.

Flappy, is there a fix coming for this. I used to use  that a lot with Mi-8, I have also bought it for Gazelle and it is just terrible. Not only hits the FPS and wacks the VR but also not working correctly. 

23 hours ago, Flappie said:

You mean for the NS430? I have no news to share unfortunately. I've just bumped the report.

Yep NS430. That bloody thing. You know what: That addon is actually much more useful than Supercarrier but it never worked correctly. Com's never implemented and the rest has always been wonky. They have re-coded something in it with MT and I was dreaming to get finally all bugs fixed but it came out being worse than before. If they fix it that's a great add on. Such a simple and very useful module in a flight simulator being so long unusable is crazy.

Thanks for bumping the report. Sorry for nagging to you but I had to get this out.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is an App on Google Play(Play Store), that I installed(Tablet or smartphone). It's a simple "FC3_NS430 Lite", only for FC3.
I can fly with F18 and others like "NS430". The App Name is "Dcs Tensor Cockpit".

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.TensorGames.mfi&hl=en&gl=US&pli=1

Mnjaeld.jpg

4sjjlHa.jpg

dSv41TQ.jpg

Edited by MbR2XgD