Assigning Hotas commands in F-15E

Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

I posted this problem in the Razbam F-15E section but thought I might get more help here.

In the controls page, if I chose F-15E then use the commands drop down menu, I don't have a HOTAS selection in my menu. If I choose F-15E-WSO, the HOTAS selection is there.

I obviously can't assign commands if I have no option.

Could this be a bad download?

Any help would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, John Galt said:

I posted this problem in the Razbam F-15E section but thought I might get more help here.

In the controls page, if I chose F-15E then use the commands drop down menu, I don't have a HOTAS selection in my menu. If I choose F-15E-WSO, the HOTAS selection is there.

Could this be a bad download?

Any help would be appreciated.

i just confirmed that there are possible bindings (axis and non-axis) for both Pilot and WSO. fewer total for WSO. can you share screenshots of the controls section you are seeing?

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

13 hours ago, John Galt said:

Maybe I'm interpreting your question wrong, but from your screenshots you should have no problem assigning.  The dropdown you are showing is strictly a FILTER.  If you pick something from that it will ONLY show entries from under that "type" (i.e. if you pick "sensor" it only shows bindings for "sensor").  As long as you use "all but Axis commands" you should get literally all the commands (including the HOTAS commands) as shown in your screenshots (i.e. Target Desingnator Down would be a HOTAS command IMHO).  Missing "HOTAS" in the dropdown only means you can't filter to only show that, not that you can't see those commands at all.

If you're looking to bind your HOTAS pitch/roll etc, pick Axis commands.

I guess I'm not doing a good enough job explaining myself. 

I have been at this long enough to know how to assign the commands and what the categories hold. I needed to assign the nose wheel steering switch to my stick but there is no command for NWS except under HOTAS and I don't have that option. How do I get that option back?

Thanks for the clarification.  Sometimes people ignore the obvious and spend pages troubleshooting something that was an easy and obvious solution.

I just looked at my F-15E bindings screen and I have "HOTAS" in the dropdown and the missing commands from your screenshot are in my "all but axis commands" screen.  I would rename your saved games (or at least the input folder for the F-15E) and let it rebuild and see if that solves it.  And/or try a repair.  Something seems corrupted in your install.

6 hours ago, John Galt said:

I have purchased the F-15E Strike Eagle and I'm having some problems, so I was wondering if I delete it, can I reinstall it or would I have to purchase it again?

once you have it in your account, it should always be in your module manager in-game. what sort of problems are you having? you can also attach your DCS.LOG.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

5 hours ago, John Galt said:

By letting it rebuild, do you mean uninstall and reinstall the module? Also, I have tried running the repair, it didn't help.

My turn to clarify 🙂:  when you delete (or rename -- rename is a better option because you can revert) and run DCS again it will "re-create" (or rebuild) the inputs file.

For ease, I would just RENAME your entire SAVED GAMES DCS folder and run it and see if that fixes it.  If it doesn't you can just rename it back and be out nothing (i.e. any other bindings/missions etc will be back).  If it does, then I'd rename the saved games back anyway (so you don't lose the non-F-15 stuff) and go in and only delete the F-15 inputs (under CONFIG/INPUTS).  Run DCS again and it will re-create the input files and hopefully correct things.  Uninstall and repair DO NOT touch these files, so it's possible/likely that that's where your corruption is and reinstalling or repair might not have fixed it.  Good luck!

Thank you for the suggestions rob10, I tried all of that with no joy. I since have done a complete uninstall-reinstall of DCS open beta and only install the F-15E after the reinstall and that didn't work either.

I'm about to give up, I obviously am missing files but I don't know what or where.

Hi, I ran into an issue where my joystick was on the list and the throttle was not. I unplugged it and plugged it back in, then auto detect saw it then, and all was ok then.

try unplugging and replugging and see if that helps. let us know how you make out.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Solution

@John Galt  I took a look at our logs in the other thread. You seem to have some F-15E mod files in your "Saved Games/DCS..." folder.

2023-06-28 13:08:53.748 INFO    SOUND (Main): Added sound path: C:\Users\billb\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/aircraft/Civil Aircraft Mod/Sounds
2023-06-28 13:08:53.821 INFO    SOUND (Main): Added sound path: C:\Users\billb\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/aircraft/F-15E/Sounds
2023-06-28 13:08:53.823 INFO    SOUND (Main): Added sound path: C:\Users\billb\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/aircraft/F-22A/Sounds

I assume you've been using the F-15E mod before RAZBAM's official module. Maybe the mod is messing with the official module.

Try and get rid of the mod and see it things improve.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

You are right, some how an F-15E folder got in my Mods Acft folder and caused the problem.

I want to add, that when this first started, I completely removed my Mods folder and that did not fix the problem. It was after I did what Rob10 suggested and when I checked the Mods folder, did I find the culprit.

Thanks to all who put up with my rant.

To quote David Byrne " this ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no foolin' around."

• Like 2