F15E Strike Eagle Quick Practice & Proficiency Missions - v.1.3; Current mission count: 24; Last updated: 11/25/2023.

ED User Files Link: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3332398/

All missions take place in various regions of the Caucasus map. 

A series of quick missions (Most take 3-10 minutes, though 'Advanced' and 'Expert' missions may take longer), designed to help Strike Eagle pilots practice their systems workflow, refine their key binds and HOTAS controls, axis curves, and employment proficiency with a variety of both air-to-air and air-to-ground weapon systems, Air-to-Air refueling, as well as some more advanced scenario based training, that will test your flying abilities while expanding your skills. These are designed to be quick and hassle-free ways to practice selecting the weapon systems, picking your modes, options, ripple patterns, etc. in order to ingrain good muscle memory and habits so it becomes second nature when flying real missions.

These are all copied and/or adapted for the F15E from my Viper practice & proficiency mission pack: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3328191/

If a mission has a live threat present, it will always be noted in the mission briefing. 

******Important note: These are not tutorials. There are no step by step directions telling you how to sel ect and employ the systems required, or perform the assigned task. These are practice missions. A basic understanding of the jet is required. (Though they could be useful if you're following along with Tutorial videos or checklists.) 

Missions are broken down into 4 categories for easy navigation:
- '.Basic': Essential skills for new pilots. Landing, formation flying, spotting, etc. 
- 'Weapons' - Threat free environments to practice weapons employment. The bedrock that this mission pack is built on.
- 'Advanced' - Scenario-based training. Live threats present. Read all mission briefs in full.
- 'Expert': - High level scenario-based missions. May contain multiple types of live threats and/or difficult flying conditions. Limited use of F10 and labels. Read mission briefs thoroughly.

There is a briefing accompanying each mission letting you know your airspeed, altitude, situation and overall objective. 

The F10 map, Labels and Active Pause are available in all missions

'***' will denote items from most recent update.

Includes the following: 
Weapon systems: 
- AIM-9M Sidewinder
- AIM-120C Amraam
- CBU-87
- CBU-97
- GBU 10 & 12 (Single mission for both.)
- GBU 24
- Mk 82 & Mk 84 Low drag bombs (single mission for both)
- Mk 82 & Mk 84 High drag bombs (single mission for both)
- Air to Air Guns

Basic Skills:
- Cold Start & Takeoff
- Cold Start & Takeoff (Night)
- Visual landing: clear day 
- Visual landing: Rain & Wind
- Visual landing: Fog & low light
- Visual landing: Night
- Beginner Formation Flying
- Air to Air Refueling (Easy comms, no external tanks)

Advanced Skills: 
- Air to Air refueling (No F10, No labels, TACAN required, No easy comms)
- Neutral BFM - Fox 2s
- Neutral BFM - Guns only
- Beyond Visual Range - AIM-120C - AWACS supported
- Beyond Visual Range - AIM-120C - No AWACS

Expert: 
- Fox 2 Unknown Adversary***
- Fox 3 & 1 Unknown Adversary***

----------Next update planned: TBD-----------

To install: Unzip folder and extract the Folder titled 'F15E Proficiency v1.X. Copy and paste to: Users -> *Your username folder* -> Saved Games -> DCS.openbeta (Or DCS if you're running stable version)-> Missions

Then go to the 'Missions' tab on the main menu of DCS and at the top should be the folder containing all missions.

You can reach me on the forums here: https://forum.dcs.world/profile/138197-617-evil/ If you have any suggestions, feedback or technical issues. 

F15E_Proficiency_v1.3.zip

Edited by =617= Evil
Version Update - 1.3
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5

I just wanted to say thank you to =617=Evil who's body of work speaks for itself. I have tried for years to create training missions that would allow me to develp the proficiency and muscle memeory needed to master the the F-16 Viper and now the F-15E Eagle.  Anyone who has flown his F-16 training missions, knows the monumental effort that has gone into his work. From absolute bottom of my heart I just wanted to say thank you for making that same effort here for the F-15E. Your work is probably responsible for more sales of more F-16 Viper and now the F-15E Eagle, which I am truly indebted to you. Thank you again for all the effort and creativity that you put into your work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cool, already flew a couple of them. Keep up the good work, can't wait for the rest!

In AAR mission you state in your briefing; "Track your progress in DED or HUD until you reach 7150 pounds etc"

Q: How do I set-up my DED and/or HUD to see this progress? Any help much appreciated!

• Thanks 1

Thx! Just why easy comm, pls to change it ;)!

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

8 hours ago, Gideon312 said:

Cool, already flew a couple of them. Keep up the good work, can't wait for the rest!

In AAR mission you state in your briefing; "Track your progress in DED or HUD until you reach 7150 pounds etc"

Q: How do I set-up my DED and/or HUD to see this progress? Any help much appreciated!

Thanks for pointing this out. As I mention, these are all copied/adapted from my F16 missions, and this is a Viper-specific feature, so disregard. I went through all the briefings to take this stuff out, but I guess I missed this one! Will be fixed ASAP. 

7 hours ago, YoYo said:

Thx! Just why easy comm, pls to change it ;)!

Just wait for the advanced and expert level AAR missions. 🙂 Remember, the AAR mission is under the .Basic category, so it's as easy as AAR can get. The follow-on missions will be much more difficult. 

• Like 3

On 7/31/2023 at 11:00 PM, =617= Evil said:

A series of quick missions (Most take 3-10 minutes, though 'Advanced' and 'Expert' missions may take longer), designed to help Strike Eagle pilots practice their systems workflow ...

Thanks for sharing, they are very useful and save me from editing my own 👍 ... wish they were set on a more interesting map, but I understand that Caucasus allows for a wider audience.

XEs0hYC.jpg

Edited by Rudel_chw
Updated illustration to v1.2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thank you all for the messages and feedback. Glad this is being so well received. 

Next update planned Week of August 7th, 2023: Updated 8/5/23
- Grammatical and syntax fixes to mission briefings to remove some incorrect F16-related terms.
.Basic Missions:
- Landing in rain/fog/night, etc. (Multiple missions)

Advanced Missions: 
- BVR with & w/o AWACs support (Live threats present)
- Neutral BFM (Guns only & Fox 2s against live threats)
- Air to Air refueling (No easy comms, no labels, long approach)

Edited by =617= Evil
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, =617= Evil said:

Just wait for the advanced and expert level AAR missions. 🙂 

Will wait, thank You! I prefer as real as it gets 🙂

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• =617= Evil changed the title to F15E Strike Eagle Quick Practice & Proficiency Missions - v.1.1; Current mission count: 13; Last updated: 8/5/2023.

v1.1 Update Posted. 9 new missions. 

v1.2 is tentatively planned for late August/Early September, 2023 and will most likely include from-scratch missions for weapon systems the Viper doesn't have like Sparrows and Durandels.  

@YoYo Let me know if you have any technical issues with the Advanced AAR mission. 

Edited by =617= Evil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• =617= Evil changed the title to F15E Strike Eagle Quick Practice & Proficiency Missions - v.1.1; Current mission count: 22; Last updated: 8/5/2023.
  • =617= Evil changed the title to F15E Strike Eagle Quick Practice & Proficiency Missions - v.1.2; Current mission count: 24; Last updated: 8/12/2023.

New Update: 

2 Expert level missions have been added:

- Fox 2 Unknown Adversary: Fight one of 70 potential adversary jets with varying armament and fuel states. 

- Fox 3 & 1 Unknown Adversary: Same as the Fox 2 version, but at long range. No adversary weapon restrictions. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 8/12/2023 at 10:57 PM, =617= Evil said:

New Update ...

Thanks for sharing and updating them, just wanted to suggest uploading them at ED User Files, as there they would gather more visibility and more people would be able to fly your missions.  👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

5 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

Thanks, I wasnt aware and as the initial post does not have a link but does have the mission attached, I tought that they were not at User Files. 😞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

Thanks, I wasnt aware and as the initial post does not have a link but does have the mission attached, I tought that they were not at User Files. 😞

Totally forgot to link the User Files. What a brain fart. Thank you! 

• Like 3

Thank you for this work

I do short because i not speak english  

in the mission cold start and take of nigth we cannot communicate with the tower whether in vhf or uhf and in advanced aar the tacan responds to 56 y and not x as written in the briefing
thank you again for these missions it helps me a lot in my progress

• 3 months later...

Maintenance update only today. v1.3

Apparently, something was introduced in the last few updates that made it so all the missions where 'easy communications' were disabled did not allow for any contact with the tanker aircraft. Until I can figure out what broke, easy comms are enabled for all missions involving aerial refueling, regardless of difficulty. 

If you're having trouble contacting tankers with the version you currently have, please download v1.3 and it should fix the issue.

Apologies for not catching this sooner.

Also, JDAM Missions are coming, and more will be added to this mission pack as we see more weapons added to the SE. I won't promise that it'll ever reach the proportions of my Viper mission pack, as it's not my primary airframe, but it will grow slowly over time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• =617= Evil changed the title to F15E Strike Eagle Quick Practice & Proficiency Missions - v.1.3; Current mission count: 24; Last updated: 11/25/2023.
2 hours ago, =617= Evil said:

Apparently, something was introduced in the last few updates that made it so all the missions where 'easy communications' were disabled did not allow for any contact with the tanker aircraft. Until I can figure out what broke,

Maybe this will help?

48th_Sig_Pic.png

• 2 months later...

Changing the tanker to only be on 305.00 (removed the advanced waypoint action line that set freq 243.00) and set preset 1 for the F-15E to also be 305.00 and the tanker worked fine with normal comms.  Might be some special handling for 243.00 since it's the guard channel that's causing the issue.

Thanks for all your work.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, tanr said:

Changing the tanker to only be on 305.00 (removed the advanced waypoint action line that set freq 243.00) and set preset 1 for the F-15E to also be 305.00 and the tanker worked fine with normal comms.  Might be some special handling for 243.00 since it's the guard channel that's causing the issue.

Thanks for all your work.

Interesting. I just gave it a try and couldn't get it to work on my end. Would you mind sending me the .miz file in a private message so I can take a look? I'm sure I'm just missing something. Thanks for this!