F-5EM / CF-5 Fuel Probe Mod by denissoliveira

First of, the mod, models and original post on ED'S user file is from @denissoliveira

The mod can be found here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3332396/

DCS_29_07_2023_19_17_00.jpg

DCS_29_07_2023_19_17_48.jpg

DCS_29_07_2023_19_16_33.jpg

The mod in it's current version is only a graphic mod and is not a functioning AAR probe. 

denissoliveira was not able to have the F-5 communicate with the tanker. 

I have manage to make it communicate by adding the following to the F-5E-3.lua file:

tanker_type                                 =     2, -- Tanker type if the plane is airrefuel capable
        is_tanker                                     =     false,
        air_refuel_receptacle_pos                     =      {4.761657, 0.829126, 0.824903},

And this to the comm.lua file included in the F-5E-3 mods folder:

utils.verifyChunk(utils.loadfileIn('Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/Config/Common/Tanker.lua', getfenv()))(6)

Now the F-5 can communicate with the tanker, have the drogue extend, but the tanker do not recognize the contact and

therefor do not start the fuel transfer. 

null
If anyone knows what would be the next step, please let us know so we can finally have a AAR capable F-5E-3 in DCS!!

• Like 3

• ED Team
48 minutes ago, WRCRob said:

@BIGNEWY - Can we please integrate this mod into the Core F-5 and get it to transfer fuel, this is a great mod for a fun little plane that needs some love. 

Hi, 

sorry this is not planned for our F-5E. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Awesome mod!

Can you work on the tail edge as I made in this screenshot?

image.png

Edited by =Skywarp=
  • Like 1

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

2 hours ago, WRCRob said:

@BIGNEWY - Can we please integrate this mod into the Core F-5 and get it to transfer fuel, this is a great mod for a fun little plane that needs some love. 

Better try with A-4E Community devs about it

• Like 2

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Could this be due to our F-5E not having an AAR transfer switch? 

I did not think of that, thanks!

The aircraft/tanker do react exactly like if you forget to turn on the AAR switch on the Mirage and/or Jeff

I'll have to dig in the cockpit lua's of those plane to see what that could be

• Like 1

I did not think of that, thanks!
The aircraft/tanker do react exactly like if you forget to turn on the AAR switch on the Mirage and/or Jeff

I'll have to dig in the cockpit lua's of those plane to see what that could be
Yeah, it just dawned on me while I was reading the thread, and I remember the first time I plugged the A-4E-C, I didn't get any juice. I had forgotten to use the switch!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

tanker_type                                 =     2, -- Tanker type if the plane is airrefuel capable
        is_tanker                                     =     false,
        air_refuel_receptacle_pos                     =      {4.761657, 0.829126, 0.824903},

Where exactly these code line should be applied? on F-5E or F-5E-3 file?... And where in this file?...
THe last release of the mod does not have this line anywhere.

• Like 1

I managed to put the code lines after looking into the code of the F-16 to see the similarity between them and then apply to the F-5 files.

For those who still don't know where to put it.

You need to look for the FUNCTION called "MAKE TIGER" (it is right below the line -- END ANTENNE --) and I recommend to insert the code lines below the line called "IR_emission_coeff_ab" and align it equal to the other lines in order to avoid bugs.
And don't forget to copy EVERY single character, because coding requires everything to work as it should be.

I created a mission to test it and worked!

F-5EM 4 AIM-9

• Like 1

Understood. If it helps... You guys might be looking for some code commands from another aircraft the already works... I'm no programmer and probaly my statement is way too wrong. 
BUT.. if you guy want, I add line codes to the F-5E.lua that brings more AIM-9 to the F-5. I discovered that this works while addding the lua file I found from a guy it the DCS web site and I just did the same thing but for the AIM-9

I wish I could show it here but I dont know how to insert images

• Like 1

Multiple ways. "LAlt+PrtScr" to take a screenshot of the current window and "LCtrl+V" to paste the whole picture here. Choose "Paste as plain text" then click on the pasted image.
If you just want parts of a picture, press the "LWinKey+LShft+S", make a screen grab of what you need, copy it, paste it here, click "Paste as plain text" and then click on the pasted image.

Edited by MAXsenna

3 hours ago, magnum_red_skull said:

You can save the image in you PC as .jpeg, than choose it to be uploaded by clicking on "choose files":

image.png

Edited by =Skywarp=
  • Like 1

You can save the image in you PC as .jpeg, than choose it to be uploaded by clicking on "choose files":

image.png.5bd63dd1b823e831bfbbbcdad7068551.png
That's really cumbersome. Much easier the way I describe it above. Also, if you have picture, just drag it into the post. No need to click attach and browse.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk