Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

F-5EM / CF-5 Fuel Probe Mod by denissoliveira

Because the fuel system in the DLL does not allow fuel transfer, as there is no code for it.
Same for Wingtip Tanks, they can hold fuel, but the aircraft wont use it as there is no code to allow it to transfer fuel from those pylons.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

1 hour ago, Melt-Down said:

Well, there must be a way to add those codes. After all, the A-4 team started from scratch and made it happen. 

There must be a transfer code of some sort in the F-5 since you can transfer from left to right wing. No?

I think you answered your own question... The A-4 is made from scratch and added  the fuel transfer code to their systems model... That is probably inside a DLL and it is not LUA code.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Draken35 said:

I think you answered your own question... The A-4 is made from scratch and added  the fuel transfer code to their systems model... That is probably inside a DLL and it is not LUA code.

The A-4 actually did not had AAR in the beginning. I've seen a couple of post on their Discord saying that it would never be possible unless ED unlocked something on their side... 

And than AAR was possible. Their is something that could make this possible, but no one is sharing it.

17 minutes ago, Melt-Down said:

The A-4 actually did not had AAR in the beginning. I've seen a couple of post on their Discord saying that it would never be possible unless ED unlocked something on their side... 

And than AAR was possible. Their is something that could make this possible, but no one is sharing it.

Right. ED unlocked "something" and the A-4 team was able to add AAR to their code that is in the DLLs.... Because they have full access to their source code and compile their DLL from it... Which, sadly, is not the case with the F-5E (Don't get me wrong, I wish I'm wrong, since I want AAR in the Tiger II, but chances are that I am not.) See StakeZIlla's remark above

On 8/30/2023 at 7:13 AM, SkateZilla said:

Because the fuel system in the DLL does not allow fuel transfer, as there is no code for it.
Same for Wingtip Tanks, they can hold fuel, but the aircraft wont use it as there is no code to allow it to transfer fuel from those pylons.

Would love to see more cosmetic improvements in order to get a A or a C variant as you did in the past. Like better fuselage frop tanks, better pilot...

Edited by Stratos

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Draken said something I was thinking while trying to find the Sensor.lua of the F-5. I can not find any AN/APQ-153 file and might be hidden inside the main DCS's folder so I can not modify the values in order to make it works like the Grifo F. So what we need to do first is:
If the A-4C modders really contacted ED to help them, we going to need that as well... If that's not true, so it's going to be way harded to see a F-5EM really working well some day...

Then when with open codes on our hands, we are going to put some effort and will be my pleasure to help.

The question is: Who from ED do we have to talk about it?...

• Like 1

My dear, a brazilian managed to make the refuelling to work. We just need the refuel probe in the external model. However,  it has to be done in the saved games folder of the mod, not in the root folder. Can we work on that? I believe that merging both works will be an amazing gain to the community! Let's make it work!

Reach us in our discord:

https://discord.gg/DrspWknC

regards,

Kleber Contini

My dear, a brazilian managed to make the refuelling to work. We just need the refuel probe in the external model. However,  it has to be done in the saved games folder of the mod, not in the root folder. Can we work on that? I believe that merging both works will be an amazing gain to the community! Let's make it work!
Reach us in our discord:
https://discord.gg/DrspWknC
regards,
Kleber Contini
Are you saying we can get refuelled now? I know it's possible to connect, but I haven't heard about a successful refueling!

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/11/2024 at 2:20 AM, Luiz Renault said:

I have a dll that enables the Air Refuel for F-5E.

And you plan to share it or simply want to tell us?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

I added this to the F-5E and using a SEA repaint, have made a pseudo F-5C. But the probe is on the incorrect side. 
Could the 3D file be mirrored for the other side? Even without, it adds some Vietnam vibes.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't tried out this mod until now, but I'm looking forward to do so. Is it compatible with the Wingtip Tanks mod? 🙂

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR