Flying alone..Looking for Squad

LupinYonder

As i understand it, we should really be flying the helis in two's, one to watch the others back and scan for missile launches etc..

I love to play online but itevitably turns into a Rambo situation with people not working as a team and i think the main reason for this is lack of voice communiaction. Now maybe im just not flying on the right servers but even servers that do offer vent or TS servers, they are allways empty ( imho ).

I think i could learn much faster with others to talk with, talk tactics ( espeically co-ordinating 2 or more helis ), any suggestions ? thoughts? is this just a rant ?;)

Although not able to join a squad for time reasons ATM, i would be happy to fly some coordinated missions with teamspeak if you happen to be interested. I'm sure i could find some time next week, so pm me if you want to.

cheers

• Like 1

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

My bud and I are from UK and we use SKYPE and Ventrilo if you want to fly some missions with us we are up for it.

Be warned though we only just got the sim and are learning to land without too much fuss atm!

Pm TwoBells and/or Mithrandra.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: W10 PRO 64 bit, Intel 7700K, Asus Maximus IX Code, 32GB G-Skill Ripjaw DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 1TB M.2 970PRO SSD Primary HDD, 4TB Storage, TH Warthog, Oculus Rift, 27" Samsung 4k Display. 2x Wheel Stand Pro v2 (Hotas & Stick) + Warthog Stick Adaptor

What level of flying is everyone at? I'd like to fly online but i'm sure i've learnt a lot of bad habits in SP (i.e lazy procedures and navigation).

EDIT: Oh god, just saw this in the 'Latest Post' box. All you can see is;

':(Flying Alone..Looking For..'

Hmmmmm

Edited by CE_Mikemonster

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T

I think i could learn much faster with others to talk with, talk tactics ( espeically co-ordinating 2 or more helis ), any suggestions ?

What level are you at mate? The gf's just gone out to the pub so I could get my mic working, install TS and have a spin if you want?

PS. This should all be in the Multiplayer section

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T

Just to give people an idea of what lvl im at, im competent at flying and navigating using standard sytems like PVI and abris map and arc modes though i dont know the more adavanced abris functions cos i figure when am i gonna use it ?!

bascially im tottaly able to fly a standard combat mission though i am weak in heli tactics and finding targets, also my flying may be rough but its functional ;-)

theres hardly any servers..

i am on the east coast NY

i find myself with the guys from Ka50.com

people are consistantly there...

159th guys are sporadically there, but i find my self on when they are about to go to sleep...(most seem to be from europe...)

Ka50.com FTW

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Yep Ka50.com does seem to be the only happening place in the ka50 multiplayer realm. Cool bunch of misfits to spend evenings online with. I am with ya Hannibal... KA50.COM FTW

[sIGPIC]http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n537/16th_Relic/16th-sig.jpg[/sIGPIC]

AMD 965BE, 8GB RAM, ATI5750, Track IR4,TM MFD's, CH FS,PT,PP

"You can take my CH setup when you pry it from my dead, cold hands..."

We at GNSF have a few people playing DCS: Black Shark and we're continually working to improve our map pack. Have a look (link in my sig) and if that kind of thing interests you, we would be glad to see you around.

On an a personal level, feel free to PM me and we can set up a time to play whenever possible :)

Wow guys, thanks for all the replys, has made the KA50 community seem not quite so cold :-) I think i may well take some of you PM guys up on some flights sometime this weekend or next week, im UK GMT btw. I think i might well start a new thread though in the MP section about online tactics involving a lead and an overwatch heli as i really think the way people are flying ( myself included ) online missions is unrealistic and much more difficult.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking for people from the UK to fly with at the moment, as it's hard trying to form up with someone from America or something who are jittering all over the place due to their high ping. I'm yet to fly with anyone who doesn't have a ping of about 200.

Twobells, you interested? Also LupinYonder, you're UK too? Awesome, drop me a line eh!

I've spent all of tonight practicing with the DataLink in Ka50.com multiplay server, all high pings, but it was a lot of fun having one dude fly recon for the rest of us.

I'm still trying to suss out the VHF radio though.

Hi lads... I'm part of a small community of 'like minded gamers' based in the UK, but not solely UK. (we have folks from mainland Europe and the US) The community is called Tactics & Teamwork. We are mainly a first person shooter community, playing Project Reality (a mod for BF2) & ARMA, however we also play LockOn & BlackShark.

We can be found at http://www.tacteam.org. I'm not here recruiting, just saying hi and come and visit us, you'll need to register to see our forums etc. If you want someone to fly with, pop over and say hi in our forums, there is a BlackShark section.

We have a TeamSpeak server that is open to the public with a 'Pilots Mess' channel. 2 or 3 of us will often be flying together at least a couple of times a week. I stress we are a small community, but feel free to come and say hi and hopefully we can have a laugh in the Ka-50 together. :pilotfly:

Edited by MadTommy

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

• 4 months later...