Sight orientation permanently shifts due to rotation limits

FusRoPotato

The sight gets stuck with a new forward orientation about 60 degrees right, such that full left on the sights limits is straight forward relative to the helicopter and full right allows the sight to see 120 degrees right, which is physically impossible.

How to reproduce (and this has to be exact)

1. Command Petrovich to look forward and search a location.
  2. Yaw the helicopter either 90 degrees left or right gently while keeping the helicopter flat and level.
  3. Turn the helicopter back to face the commanded location.
  4. Regardless of your choice in turning left or right, the sight now gimbals between 0 and 120 degrees to the right instead of -60 to +60. The sight can no longer look left.

I can reproduce this 100% of the time and doesn't seem to require any loadout or depend on cold/hot start.

Can't find a fix or workaround. Somehow the default orientation is taking a new value.

There is a second bug I found that when going in and out of the sight manually, headtracking sometimes gets stuck off. I don't know exactly how to reproduce this as it seems random, but an easy workaround is to just go back in and out of the sight again.

Edited by FusRoPotato
  • Like 3

Ditto. I can do this as well. Once done, it cannot seem to be undone (although I haven't tried a repair on the vehicle). I can quite literally see behind the helicopter, pushing past 90 degrees off to the right and seeing the pylons (this is NOT mechanically possible). I was able to reproduce it using the methods described above. It might be hard to explain, but essentially this means once it's been done, you can now ONLY target things directly forward or off to the right. In reproducing this, I was simply yawing and letting Petrovich hit maneuver limit. 

Edited by RedBjorn
  • Like 2

• FusRoPotato changed the title to Sight orientation permanently shifts due to rotation limits
  • 3 weeks later...

Could not reproduce after exceeding maneuver limit. Turned over 180 degrees within gimbal limits, sight stayed true. Maybe someone else will have better luck if didn’t trigger it correctly and the bug is actually there 

petrovichyawanglebug.trk

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I sat down and ran this test multiple times, and can almost reproduce it on command. I had to try it more than once, the first few times, but now can reproduce it with ease. I couldn’t find a way to fix it. 

Edited by RedBjorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RedBjorn said:

I sat down and ran this test multiple times, and can almost reproduce it on command. I had to try it more than once, the first few times, but now can reproduce it with ease. I couldn’t find a way to fix it. 

Great, if you could post a track then we should be able to get this issue addressed

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

Okay just saying if you can reproduce it it you can quickly press save track and put it here. Per the rules stickied at the top of the bug report forum lists posting a track as a requirement, and if you notice in past bug reports those that have a track will get solved often much quicker and have a higher chance of being solved. 

If RedBjorn can truly reproduce it, then that would be the best solution for everyone

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AeriaGloria said:

Okay just saying if you can reproduce it it you can quickly press save track and put it here. Per the rules stickied at the top of the bug report forum lists posting a track as a requirement, and if you notice in past bug reports those that have a track will get solved often much quicker and have a higher chance of being solved. 

If RedBjorn can truly reproduce it, then that would be the best solution for everyone

I appreciate when assistance is offered in good faith. However, it seems your contribution here, marred by a hint of smugness and insincerity, is more about continuing a past argument from another thread than genuinely helping. Let's keep discussions constructive and focused on the issue at hand, rather than recycling frustrations from other threads.

This bug has been reproduced by several others. Thanks for the suggestions, but they are unwarranted.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedBjorn said:

Can you please post exact details on how to do this, ED wont attempt to fix it until a TRK file is provided to them, so we are ALL screwed until ED gets this and it able to debug what is going wrong

You would be really helping us all out if you just posted a TRK file, but it is your choice

• Like 2

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

I appreciate when assistance is offered in good faith. However, it seems your contribution here, marred by a hint of smugness and insincerity, is more about continuing a past argument from another thread than genuinely helping. Let's keep discussions constructive and focused on the issue at hand, rather than recycling frustrations from other threads.
This bug has been reproduced by several others. Thanks for the suggestions, but they are unwarranted.
That's just not true! @AeriaGloria is just as interested to fix any potential bug there is as you.
And I don't understand why you and @RedBjorn won't provide some tracks if this is so easy to replicate? It saves time for everyone, because then it doesn't have to be replicated multiple times by multiple people, and there will be proof for ED. Don't you guys notice how much of his own free time @Flappie puts into our hobbies, and how many bugs he's helping to report to ED, and how many of them are returned with a "fixed in next patch". You guys are just doing yourself a disservice when ED has to put in efforts to start from scratch and replicate it, when they can spend a couple of minutes checking a track. Well, you do yo I guess.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Maybe they don't know how to make one?
Well, in that case:
Make a shooooort mission where one can easily reproduce immediately, exit mission, click save track, and name it/the file accordingly. Find the file in Windows Explorer. Drag and drop the file here. Click post.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

And I don't understand why you and @RedBjorn won't provide some tracks if this is so easy to replicate?

I already answered that question.

11 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

It saves time for everyone, because then it doesn't have to be replicated multiple times by multiple people, and there will be proof for ED. Don't you guys notice how much of his own free time @Flappie puts into our hobbies, and how many bugs he's helping to report to ED, and how many of them are returned with a "fixed in next patch". You guys are just doing yourself a disservice when ED has to put in efforts to start from scratch and replicate it, when they can spend a couple of minutes checking a track. Well, you do yo I guess.

If I do someone else's job for them, it will save them time. True.

If I do someone else's job for them, it will save them time. True.
So, if you have an issue with your car, you're just happy to drop it off at the garage and leave it there for all eternity, instead of just showing the mechanic in a couple minutes what is wrong? I guess time is not one of your concerns then. Good for you!

2 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

So, if you have an issue with your car, you're just happy to drop it off at the garage and leave it there for all eternity, instead of just showing the mechanic in a couple minutes what is wrong? I guess time is not one of your concerns then. Good for you! emoji1303.png

Yea, this analogy ain't great for you considering, when I drop my car off at a mechanic, I give them a description of what problem I'm having and steps on reproducing it if I know how. Which Fus did. 

I've never emailed a log or "track" file recording to my mechanic. And they've never asked for one. 

Somehow, they've always been able to fix my car. I guess my mechanic isn't as lazy as ED seems to be about their own products. 

Edited by TheCage88
  • Like 1

Yea, this analogy ain't great for you considering, when I drop my car off at a mechanic, I give them a description of what problem I'm having and steps on reproducing it if I know how. Which Fus did. 

I've never emailed a log or "track" file recording to my mechanic. And they've never asked for one. 

Somehow, they've always been able to fix my car. I guess my mechanic isn't as lazy as ED seems to be about their own products. 
You missed my point entirely, and I guess your mechanic charges you by the hour no matter if it's actually a problem or not, so he's happy. Your wallet my not be.

1 hour ago, TheCage88 said:

Sure, send some money to ED and they'll fix it for you, just like your mechanic.

I don't know how many bug reports you have read, but there is not an insignificant percent where it turned out to be plain user error. Track/video helps separate genuine bugs from errors. Helps everyone save time.

• Like 1