Final release date prediction

_BringTheReign_

1 hour ago, Gianky said:

Juliane's, did they notify you that the pack was shipping, or it just came unannounced?

Totally unannounced. 
This must mean we are getting close!

Oh and here‘s what’s inside btw 😉

IMG_9735.jpeg

Edited by julianes
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, julianes said:

Look what came in the mail today 😎

IMG_9734.jpeg

So Im waiting too 👌😎

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 2/22/2024 at 4:52 AM, Fromthedeep said:

Iron Mike and Bignewy both confirmed that it's not coming out in February.

If that is the case, I am sad. They could have gone with 29 Feb, a day that is a phantom most of the time.

3 hours ago, DD_fruitbat said:

He has no idea,  just like everyone else.

Captain Obvious, that is indeed why I said I was speculating.

And I would rather wait for a more complete module rather than some of the over-hyped, unfinished modules that we have received in the past.

Edited by Jacknemo

I'll keep waiting patiently for as long as it takes, even if winter turns into spring without a release. Estimates are just that, and only Heatblur knows when it is ready.

That said, and going into kind of a tangent, since this topic kind of hurts me a little: I liked having access to the Viper earlier rather than later. I remember that day with such joy. And I actually found interesting having access to a module in such an early state. It was like being invited to take a peek behind the curtains. But I'm in a minority, apparently, and now the pressure from the customers won't let that happen again. Similarly, I enjoyed the frequent updates to DCS, but once again customers pressured to stop that from happening. 🤷‍♂️

Why I enjoyed it? First, I understand that software is immaterial and ever evolving. Second I don't confuse the simulation for the actual plane.

• Like 4

The problem with software is it is too easy to update. It made dev houses greedy and developers lazy. How does this work? The accountants realized they can ship 50% of a product for 100% of the price and sell it 2 years earlier than if they waited for the thing to be developed properly. All they need to do is then promise future updates long enough to stop lawsuits.

So that summarizes why modern software is the complete steaming pile that it is.

There is also the problem that everyone wants everything yesterday. Short attention spans and self-entitlement are at the root of the problem.

• Like 6

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

16 minutes ago, Tiger-II said:

The problem with software is it is too easy to update. It made dev houses greedy and developers lazy. How does this work? The accountants realized they can ship 50% of a product for 100% of the price and sell it 2 years earlier than if they waited for the thing to be developed properly. All they need to do is then promise future updates long enough to stop lawsuits.

So that summarizes why modern software is the complete steaming pile that it is.

There is also the problem that everyone wants everything yesterday. Short attention spans and self-entitlement are at the root of the problem.

Yeah, no.

That may be true in anecdotic cases, but not in general. The general problem is, that software can be eye-watering complex and it is close to impossible to catch all bugs with a finite amount of developers and testers (and time and budget of course). Something like DCS has probably a 100 to a 1000 times more lines of code than a simulator 20 years ago. 

Also - from a business point of view. Developers can't wait for their salery until the last bug is squished. They would never receive their paycheck. And to pre-finance a developement nowadays is very hard.

I wouldn't always project malicious intend into everything....

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 12

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

22 hours ago, Jacknemo said:

Captain Obvious, that is indeed why I said I was speculating.

And I would rather wait for a more complete module rather than some of the over-hyped, unfinished modules that we have received in the past.

You were speculating on the release date, but you also wrote, "Clearly, there is a lot of work to do yet before release." I was asking how you came to that conclusion.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Cab said:

You were speculating on the release date, but you also wrote, "Clearly, there is a lot of work to do yet before release." I was asking how you came to that conclusion.

I have no basis for that opinion as well.  It was also just speculation.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Cab said:

This is just the usual attempt at self-deception so as not to be too disappointed if the release is delayed even further 😉

• Like 2