Mustache Growing Contest

SloppyDog

On 11/1/2023 at 3:31 PM, SloppyDog said:

Hey, uh... Heatblur...

Sorry to bother...but what about a mustache growing contest?

Whomever has the best mustache by the time the module is released, wins a free license (hint hint).

I shall forward what my great grandfather ones wrote me, during a harsh, long and cold winter night in the year 1905:

Dear Sir,

while I fully second the sentiment of growing a proper mustache for the upcoming release of the phantastic phantom, I shall nonetheless allow myself the liberty to reprimand you, kind Sir, that during Movember one does not grow a mustache to get prizes, but to bestow the world with the grant prize of your mustache itself.

We shall however graciously forgive you this misstep as hitherto Movember has had barely been started and we can see how this could have lead to a facile oversight, a trap, much like the one we are so proudly cultivating our fine mustaches around.

Should however any of you grow a sizeable, phabulous mustache until the release, and be willing to expose their fine contours to the public's judgement on these very forums, we shall indeed bestow a firm pat on your back, as a humble gesture of our approval and utmost respect.

Because a true mustache can only ever be grown for the sake of being a magnificent mustache, fine Sir!

Please have our dearest wishes and cheers for your growing endeavours!

Signed: Pops.

image.gif

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I'm in.  Movember plus Phantom, how can one reasonably refuse?

• Like 3

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

Ah, a fine aviation tradition.

Lois Bleriot, of Channel Crossing fame. Hard to beat:

295px-Louis_Bleriot.jpg

Sadly this proposal seems to discriminate against female sim-pilots. Accordingly, I suggest we run a parallel competition for the best-dressed aviatrix. They might like to draw inspiration from Harriet Quimby's magnificent purple flight-suit-hoody and lace-up boots combination:

Harriet_Quimby,_by_Theodore_Marceau.png

For those who don't know her, Quimby was a noted aviation pioneer, and the first woman to cross the English Channel, three years after Bleriot. She met an early demise a couple of months later, as a result of seat belts in aircraft not being invented yet...

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 2:25 AM, AndyJWest said:

Ah, a fine aviation tradition.

Lois Bleriot, of Channel Crossing fame. Hard to beat:

295px-Louis_Bleriot.jpg

Sadly this proposal seems to discriminate against female sim-pilots. Accordingly, I suggest we run a parallel competition for the best-dressed aviatrix. They might like to draw inspiration from Harriet Quimby's magnificent purple flight-suit-hoody and lace-up boots combination:

Harriet_Quimby,_by_Theodore_Marceau.png

For those who don't know her, Quimby was a noted aviation pioneer, and the first woman to cross the English Channel, three years after Bleriot. She met an early demise a couple of months later, as a result of seat belts in aircraft not being invented yet...

Ahh that mustache has its own lift coefficient!

Women today are much more liberated. They are fully capable of growing a mustache. Gone are the days when the patriarchy prevented them from flaunting full handlebars.

• Like 1

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

21 hours ago, MiG21bisFishbedL said:

Can't do a 'stache, but I can do mutton chops.

We shall accept these, because no burn is as good as a side burn. Well done!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

You guys are so cruel. 

I was all the way through flight training, had a slot for F-14s, which was more work than I want to think about, when NAMI came down and wanted a picture of my mustache...  Such a bitter pill to swallow.  I didn't meet the minimum movie-star looks requirements established by NavPers, either, and ended up disqualified by both groups and out of the flight program.

Thank you so much for reminding me of such a traumatic episode in my life...

(of course none of that is true, other than the inability to grow a 'stache and the lack of movie-star looks.  my (short) Naval career was under the waterline where such things are more tolerated)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Raisuli said:

You guys are so cruel. 

I was all the way through flight training, had a slot for F-14s, which was more work than I want to think about, when NAMI came down and wanted a picture of my mustache...  Such a bitter pill to swallow.  I didn't meet the minimum movie-star looks requirements established by NavPers, either, and ended up disqualified by both groups and out of the flight program.

Thank you so much for reminding me of such a traumatic episode in my life...

(of course none of that is true, other than the inability to grow a 'stache and the lack of movie-star looks.  my (short) Naval career was under the waterline where such things are more tolerated)

It's ok. We still love you, brother.

• Like 1

Heatblur Simulations