I do not hear the radio when making a request to the tower nor do I read the text

abernaolao

Hello people, I haven't entered DCS for a while and when I enter the A10CII everything works, the radio is giving me problems.

When I try to ask the tower for permission, I cannot hear myself nor do I hear the tower's response. I can't read the subtitles of the message either.

I have tried the A10C module as well and it fails.
I use the official version, not the beta.

I don't know if it's an error or if it's some update that I don't know about.

I have tried a thousand things but nothing let's see if anyone has an idea where the error is.
Thank you very much in advance

Edited by abernaolao

Hello razo+r, thank you for your quick response.

Yes, I have checked everything on your site.
The communication is done, the tower answers me, I know because the message on the radio menu changes.

It's very strange, I'm going to install it again.

Thank you very much for your help

I have noticed the same behavior erratically, recently in the F-5. Easy comms off, correct radio bound (not the default Comms button), radio turned on and tuned. With the same controls and options, sometimes radio will just not work seemingly randomly. I can get the comms menu to open, but I do not get any responses, and AI does not react to my commands. Then I will restart the mission with the same setup, and it will work fine. I'll provide a track when it happens again. 

Additionally, the ATC replies are sometimes bugged, it will show subtitles, but no audio. This is independent from the above.

On 11/6/2023 at 4:25 PM, Flappie said:

There's an ongoing bug with the ATC when he ignores you in come cases. It's just been fixed internally. The next OB update will fix this.

I've managed to create a situation that bugs out the whole comms system. When initially communicating with Ground and ATC to get power, startup clearance, etc, anything from the comms menu just stopped responding. This seems to be a different bug from what you've mentioned. Here's a short track. I observe this sometimes, it might be an unfortunate input sequence and timing.

radio.trk

Hi guys, I would like to up this thread, I have a similar problem, but with the AWACS on a multiplayer server (French BFR server). On this server, the maps rotates between Caucasus, Mariannas and Syria. Everything works fine on Caucasus and Mariannas, but on Syria I have no comms at all with both AWACS and ATC. This seems to happen only with FC3 aircrafts. Full fidelity modules seems to work correctly. 

I can hear when another player asks ATC or AWACS something, but when I ask a Bogey Dope for exemple, there are no dialog neither from the demanding aircraft or the AWACS. I have the ''AWACS request bogey dope'' binding on a custom key, but I have also tried to go through the usual communication menu. Same results, nothing at all. And the AWACS dont communicate by itself anymore when an enemy group pops for exemple.

I have tested on my own missions and it works fine. I have discussed with the server staff and they said they have the basic IA AWACS running, no scripts, mods or special editor things running except SRS, but since comms works on the other maps, I suppose SRS have nothing to do with that.

Is this related to the ongoing bug or another problem ?

If mods think its necessary, I can move this post into a specific Syria or FC3 bug/problems thread. 

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

For me, it mostly happens in longer missions. I mostly use the F-14 - sometimes and seemingly randomwise, the radio stops working. I cannot hear my own transmissions, can not see any subtitles, and AWACS, tanker or carrier stop responding. I can't tank in that case, and get bad landing grades because of "no proper comms". However my wingman seems to change formation if I tell him so, at least I think so.

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2023 at 2:13 AM, Tomcatter87 said:

For me, it mostly happens in longer missions. I mostly use the F-14 - sometimes and seemingly randomwise, the radio stops working. I cannot hear my own transmissions, can not see any subtitles, and AWACS, tanker or carrier stop responding. I can't tank in that case, and get bad landing grades because of "no proper comms". However my wingman seems to change formation if I tell him so, at least I think so.

I'm having the same issue occasionally.  Happens in the F14 and F18 modules for me, though not 100% of the time.  I have easy comms selected, and the comm menu tree appears, but when I select the message to send, it doesn't go out.  When this happens, tanking and managing the wingman/AIC are impossible.

F-18C/F-14/P-51/F-86 Pico4/Quest2 VR with Intel Core i9 3.0GHZ 24 -Core, 16GB, GeForce RTX 4070 ti

• 2 weeks later...