RTB at Bingo fuel, AI will not RTB, but go for nearest tanker.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this up as it was an old issue that was fixed for a while but has now returned.  AI do not obey the RTB on Bingo Fuel if there is a tanker in the area.  When an E3 or another KC-135 decides to refuel instead of RTB, it can occupy the tanker for around an hour while it refuels.  Adding additional tankers does not really help much since they will also go to another tanker to refuel.  I have seen a KC-135 refueling another 135 that was also refueling an E-3 at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

I've checked. It's not a bug per se, it's rather a bad name:

• "RTB on bingo fuel" off = when bingo fuel, the pilot will NOT refuel.
  • "RTB on bingo fuel" ON = when bingo fuel, the pilot will refuel to the nearest base or tanker.

Maybe we need a new name as well as an additional value:

• "Refuel on bingo fuel" 0 (ex "off") = when bingo fuel, the pilot will NOT refuel.
  • "Refuel on bingo fuel" 1 (ex "ON") = when bingo fuel, the pilot will refuel to the nearest base or tanker.
  • "Refuel on bingo fuel" 2 (new feature)= when bingo fuel, the pilot will refuel to the nearest base only.

If that's what you're looking for, I can make a request to the team.

• Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

19 hours ago, Flappie said:

• "RTB on bingo fuel" ON = when bingo fuel, the pilot will refuel to the nearest base or tanker.

• "Refuel on bingo fuel" 0 (ex "off") = when bingo fuel, the pilot will NOT refuel.
  • "Refuel on bingo fuel" 1 (ex "ON") = when bingo fuel, the pilot will refuel to the nearest base or tanker.
  • "Refuel on bingo fuel" 2 (new feature)= when bingo fuel, the pilot will refuel to the nearest base only.

That would be awesome!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2024 at 7:29 AM, Flappie said:

I had a chance to test this again and "RTB on bingo fuel" set to OFF does not prevent the aircraft from refueling on the closest tanker.  I got the same behavior with both OFF and ON settings.

Edited by Rhayvn

• 1 month later...

A way to prevent TKRs from refueling other TKRs that are RTB

I had an interesting situation where a KC135 was supposed to be replaced by another KC135. The current KC135 that was almost depleted moved to bingo state and instead of RTB just cued on the replacement tanker, refueled and then did RTB as planned with all the gas from the replacement tanker that also moved on Bingo state, leaving the AO with no tanker. Can we please think of a way to prevent this from happening? It could be an option in the ME on the tankers page preventing it to refuel.

Best,

Laui

No customer support or modules in an abandoned state can only mean no further investments from ED’s customers. ED and third party developers are solely responsible for the level of features completeness at which they decide to release their modules.  Taking in to account customers feedback as well as finishing the products is paramount. After release, modules should be playable with important essential features completed at very early stages after the release, including bug fixes. ED & partners staffs should grow with the addition of newer modules in order to not diminish the level of customer support or further delay delivery as per the initial sales agreement. The virtual world we fly with our modules is equally important; there is no way around AI, real weather and the earth map. Thank you

Thanks @Flappie I have always thought that a 

- "Refuel on bingo fuel" 2 (new feature)= when bingo fuel, the AI pilot will switch to waypoint defined by the ME.

That point could then be a CVN or a refuel point or the route back to an airfield according to the scenario, in IMO this is better than allowing the AI to choose a random airfield and makes sense for carrier operations where the CVN is generally far and a AAR is required before the AI is able to recover on board (RTB).

Best,

Lau

Edited by Lau

No customer support or modules in an abandoned state can only mean no further investments from ED’s customers. ED and third party developers are solely responsible for the level of features completeness at which they decide to release their modules.  Taking in to account customers feedback as well as finishing the products is paramount. After release, modules should be playable with important essential features completed at very early stages after the release, including bug fixes. ED & partners staffs should grow with the addition of newer modules in order to not diminish the level of customer support or further delay delivery as per the initial sales agreement. The virtual world we fly with our modules is equally important; there is no way around AI, real weather and the earth map. Thank you

On 2/1/2024 at 8:27 AM, Rhayvn said:

I had a chance to test this again and "RTB on bingo fuel" set to OFF does not prevent the aircraft from refueling on the closest tanker.  I got the same behavior with both OFF and ON settings.

I cannot reproduce this behavior. When set to OFF, the pilot ejects when the tanks reach 0% fuel.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

3 hours ago, Flappie said:

I cannot reproduce this behavior. When set to OFF, the pilot ejects when the tanks reach 0% fuel.

With a nearby tanker?

I found a workaround, it's tedious, but it works fine.  But, it shouldn't be necessary.