BF 109 K-4 Flaps flickering

Oreo147

18 minutes ago, razo+r said:

I'm not seeing the same. Do you perhaps have a double binding / axis binding assigned to it, creating a conflict?

Have you tried running a repair?

I did a repair and double checked my bindings, unfortunately the problem persists. Thanks for the help though!

Not experiencing it either. Maybe it somehow depends on options 'cause I see on your video you've got lowered gfx settings. Although I've no idea how textuer quality could possibly affect animations - it shouldn't.

Also, keep in mind that repair doesn't work on files stored in Saved Games location. Perhaps there's something there (some custom mod you use?) which affects the 109.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

51 minutes ago, Art-J said:

Also, keep in mind that repair doesn't work on files stored in Saved Games location. Perhaps there's something there (some custom mod you use?) which affects the 109.

I have no mods installed, I used a fresh copy of DCS. Strange that it doesn't seem to happen to you guys

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2023 at 9:31 PM, NineLine said:

Please include a short track showing this please. Thanks. 

What do you need a track for? Is this that complicated to reproduce? Just load up the 109 and see for yourself, Jesus... No wonder this ''sim'' is littered with bugs all over the place

• Like 1

• ED Team
3 hours ago, Oreo147 said:

What do you need a track for? Is this that complicated to reproduce? Just load up the 109 and see for yourself, Jesus... No wonder this ''sim'' is littered with bugs all over the place

This is not helpful at all, all bug reports require a track. I am not able to reproduce it. Please supply a track, it should be easy if you have it happen every time. 

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

3 hours ago, Oreo147 said:

Well, given the fact that there are a grand total of 2 (two) people in community seeing and reoprting it so far, yourself included, then yes, I'd say it is complicated to reproduce.

A track, dxdiag and your gfx settings might help answer why you're experiencing it while the others aren't.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Just getting round to this, sorting out my new Virpil controllers and will hopefully get a track uploaded today if not tomorrow - I'm still seeing the flickering flaps, though it's a different style(?) anomaly than in my previous video. Still flickering though.

As the OP stated that he has the issue in Stable, I downloaded the track provided by @Toastfrenzy and tried to replay it in Stable. However, the replay browser does not show the track file at all. I suspect the format is not valid for Stable. So I opened the track in OB (MT) and I could play it. However I did not see the "flickering".
Also, when I fly myself in Stable (or OB), I do not see the flickering. I looked at the video where it is very visible, and my take is that it looks like a problem coming from the game controller, maybe a USB device with insufficient power supply.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• ED Team
3 hours ago, Toastfrenzy said:

Ah, just seen the logs etc post, I'll get those and add to this.

Here's a quick clip to show too

2024-01-03 BF109 Flap flicker.trk 2.45 MB · 4 downloads

Thanks for the track, in MT it does not reproduce, but in ST I was able to reproduce it. Is it possible for you to switch to Multithreading? 

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

14 hours ago, NineLine said:

Thanks for the track, in MT it does not reproduce, but in ST I was able to reproduce it. Is it possible for you to switch to Multithreading? 

I thought I was using MT - go figure lol.

I'll check, brb.

I read on the forum, since 2.9, that MT runs from the normal DCS.exe and no requirement to run from the DCS.exe in bin-mt.

The screenshot is from the every day normal DCS.exe

The in game screenshot gets placed in the BIN-MT folder too.

Multi Thread preview 2.9.2.499940

Ran from the BIN-MT folder too and get the same version bottom right of screen.

2024-01-04 BIN-DCS.jpg

Edited by Toastfrenzy

All versions of DCS World show "Multi-Thread Preview..." on the main screen. I believe that's a bug of the main screen.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

12 minutes ago, LeCuvier said:

All versions of DCS World show "Multi-Thread Preview..." on the main screen. I believe that's a bug of the main screen.

Well, ain't that great, if the case.

How do I tell when running DCS what version I'm in?

I'm not suffering as it is but obv's would prefer MT over ST

Hmmmm - found another thread about MT being the default when running from the updater.exe in the BIN folder as the DCS.exe in the Bin-MT folder doesn't update DCS (or didn't).

In any case the post confirms that the Bin\DCS.exe runs ST. I'll remove that shortcut now and use either updater.exe or the Bin-MT DCS.exe

Not able to get test at moment but will later today.

Is there a way when in game to know if ST or MT is being used?

Edited by Toastfrenzy

41 minutes ago, LeCuvier said:

No they don't (at least as far as standalone Open Beta is concerned). Just checked it in latest OB by launching directly off dcs.exe in Bin folder.

37 minutes ago, Toastfrenzy said:

Is there a way when in game to know if ST or MT is being used?

The "MT preview" note on menu screen settles it, so you'e good. But wait, are you saying that you're getting flickering flaps in MT as well?

Edited by Art-J

23 minutes ago, Art-J said:

No they don't (at least as far as standalone Open Beta is concerned). Just checked it in latest OB by launching directly off dcs.exe in Bin folder.

What's the version you see when running from Bin folder DCS.exe?

Just loaded direct from the BIn folder myself - same version level without the MT Preview text is shown

So I'm running the MT version 

23 minutes ago, Art-J said:

The "MT preview" note on menu screen settles it, so you'e good. But wait, are you saying that you're getting flickering flaps in MT as well?

Yes, just confirmed running the MT version. Never tried in ST.

Edited by Toastfrenzy

2 hours ago, Toastfrenzy said:

Just loaded direct from the BIn folder myself - same version level without the MT Preview text is shown

So I'm running the MT version 

Errr.... Well, that's confusing because you're contradicting yourself in these two lines 😄 .

To keep it simple:

a) dcs.exe located in Bin folder launches with only version number shown in bottom right corner of menu screen and it is an ST build.

b) dce.exe located in Bin-MT folder launches with "MT preview" note and version number shown together in bottom right corner of menu screen and it is an MT build.

Edited by Art-J

Was just confirming the version shown when I run dcs.exe directly from the bin folder without using the created shortcuts that I normally use, shortcuts that bring up the MT DCS.

Yeah, there's additional input that has added additional spurious complexity to this for sure!

I understand KISS !!

I'm also about to jump in and do some more set up with my new controllers, wish me MT!

Edited by Toastfrenzy

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting exactly the same thing happening as well. As soo as you try lowering the flaps you can see it out the corner of yer eye. When I check replay it's definitely happening!! By the way, it happens in both ST AND MT.
Only on the 109 as far as I can tell but it's VERY annoying once you know it's there...

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 1

image.png