Ground Vehicles not appearing anymore in combination with some mods

CreepyLP

Hello everyone,

quite a few users on the discord (me included) found this issue after updating.

Link to the Discord-Thread:

https://discord.com/channels/542985647502393346/1186680273987965058

Whatever the bug is, it prevents DCS from spawning any Ground vehicles (Like MBT90s or LAVs) and apparently ships too.

I managed to stop this from occuring by disabling my mods, one after the other, and figured out that it must be the JAS39 Gripen mod in my case. However, other users reported the same issue with other mods, like the VSN F4 Mod. For me, It only occurred with the Gripen, but not with i.e. the VSN F35 or VSN YF12 Mods.

I linked the Discord forum thread.

• Like 1

I dont understand why you report this as a DCS bug, when it is a User Mod issue?

Report it to the respective Mod developer, as I doubt that ED will pay any attention to this kind of problem.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

26 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I dont understand why you report this as a DCS bug, when it is a User Mod issue?

Report it to the respective Mod developer, as I doubt that ED will pay any attention to this kind of problem.

I disabled ALL mods and do not see armored units. Trucks are showing fine.

This isn't just mods issue

10 minutes ago, admiki said:

I disabled ALL mods and do not see armored units. Trucks are showing fine.

OK, that info wasn't on the initial post.

10 minutes ago, admiki said:

This isn't just mods issue

With the info you provide, all I can say is that on my latest OB the armored units show up on the ME:

0uPQoEP.jpg

Provide your dcs.log to have more clues about this issue, also make sure that this is not caused by a mismatch between the mission date and the Historic filter.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

36 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

2 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

OK, that info wasn't on the initial post.

With the info you provide, all I can say is that on my latest OB the armored units show up on the ME:

0uPQoEP.jpg

Provide your dcs.log to have more clues about this issue, also make sure that this is not caused by a mismatch between the mission date and the Historic filter.

I think he was talking about the units not spawning in the mission.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

6 minutes ago, Hiob said:

I think he was talking about the units not spawning in the mission.

Ahhh ... ok, then we can add a scripting issue as a possible cause ... but I still don't see this as being a DCS bug that has to be reported here 🙄

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Flappie:

It's all in the Discord link: the culprit was the SU-30 mod.

I do not have the Su-30 tho. The issue varied for a bunch of people. For some it was VSN F4, for some Gripen, for some Su-30 apparently. It only started happening after this latest update apparently. That is why ED might wanna know about this, in Case it wasn't intended.

I'm seeing only non combat unarmed vehicles appearing. No ships, tanks, or other ground units are spawning. Submarines are visible, but no other surface ships. Aircraft seem unaffected. The Chinese bomber has some weapon attachment point issues which show up behind the bomber.