Skin thread

ustio

Personally, South East Asia region is a bit under represented. Infact, i think the only SEA skin in DCS is the Indonesia Apache.

Would be great if they include Malaysia and Myanmar skin in the Mig-29

Myanmar

Myanmar_Air_Force_MiG-29_MRD.jpg

Malaysia

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2RAkZ50drrM5SWpG8B-9

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRR4SD3HqtUGtPueQMydmx

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWzpkMh8V1NzoX4L4YNoQ

• Like 2

For sure ED will limit the livery to the operator they are going to simulate and will relay on community to create additional ones. For sure there will be a livery contest and winning ones will be included in the product. Just need that livery template to be released and Fulcrum will get them all in no time!

• Like 3

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

8 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

For sure ED will limit the livery to the operator they are going to simulate and will relay on community to create additional ones.

That has not stopped them in the past. We have Russian, British, French, Ukrainian, Spanish, other A-10s. Same with the F/A-18, as well.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

11 minutes ago, MiG21bisFishbedL said:

That has not stopped them in the past. We have Russian, British, French, Ukrainian, Spanish, other A-10s. Same with the F/A-18, as well.

ED said few times that they prefer the community to take care of additional skins due to the cost. If the skin one created is suitable for the module at a quality required, one can approach ED and donate their work and it will be included in the module or asset (AI). It happened in the past on multiple occasions. There is also very strong user files section on the main website. 

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

3 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

ED said few times that they prefer the community to take care of additional skins due to the cost. If the skin one created is suitable for the module at a quality required, one can approach ED and donate their work and it will be included in the module or asset (AI). It happened in the past on multiple occasions. There is also very strong user files section on the main website. 

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if some operators who use later variants get represented on the A.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Fortunately we can have any country with any livery, but yeah it would be a nice to have to be able to select at least all VVS ones as well as all -A users (Warsaw Pact): Bulgaria, Chechoslovakia, East Germany, Hungary, Poland, Romania - accurate to the time period but also a modern ones from the day one. As for the other operators, let's say 9.12B (export version outside of Warsaw Pact) sure, but for other variants like 9.13 etc users I believe ED would not invest their resources.

• Like 2

One thing I find quite annoying is when the countries which are present on the maps are missing liveries. In case of the MiG-29 those would be Russia, Iran, Iraq and Syria. Technically also the US I suppose. Of course it's great if other countries get their liveries, I will be heartbroken if Poland and Ukraine don't, but it's really annoying to have the right country, right airbase, right aircraft but wrong livery.

Edited by lmp
  • Like 1

There are great skins for IRIAF, SyAAF, YARAF, IrAF in user files, having said that I also feel the same way

find quite annoying is when the countries which are present on the maps are missing liveries.

At the minimum I hope the 3D model gets final geometry by the EA realese and we will get the template.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EchoOneOne said:

image.png

Beautiful girls

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, EchoOneOne said:

POLAF Liveries are just beautiful. 

Absolutely! Although the WZL folks call the livery Pigeons 😉

This one taken during the road strip exercise Route 604 last September. 

20230927_230232.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JetFighterGirl said:

German 29+20 will be my go to for aerobatics, and for sure @Gierasimov @EchoOneOne Polish ones for combat flights!

29-20-01.jpg

This livery is quite well documented, might happen quite fast once the template is released.

Welcome to the crowd. 

0214906.jpg

2920-luftwaffe-german-air-force-mikoyan-gurevich-mig-29g_PlanespottersNet_1035749_3bf940dda9_o.jpg

6ba8809df4a4dae0e5351090bc498342.jpg

1508470.jpgGerman 29+20 that you posted @JetFighterGirl is the one here in these photos, the sources say that it is one of the jets transferred to Ukrainian Air Force by Poles.

Edited by Gierasimov
  • Like 2

Actually, I prefer photo references, as their color accuracy is usually better than drawings, for example:

MiG-29S from Peru

JY5KtXc.jpg

pb1Zjxo.jpg

H3549MC.jpg

mCgOdLo.jpg

QW9HucR.jpg

TTyyLC8.jpg

🙂 looking forward to flying this bird soon. Cheers!

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 5

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 1/8/2024 at 6:24 PM, lmp said:

I will be heartbroken if Poland and Ukraine don't, but it's really annoying to have the right country, right airbase, right aircraft but wrong livery.

Problem is Ukraine's digital camo is 9.13 not 9.12 

3 hours ago, ustio said:

Problem is Ukraine's digital camo is 9.13 not 9.12 

Both Poland and Ukraine use 9.12 so no problem at all to represent them in DCS. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...