• ED Team

Dear all,

I'd like to add default F-16C skins to several more countries:

1- Norway

2- Egypt

3- Denmark

4- Belgium

5- The Netherlands

6- HAVE GLASS skins for OH, SP, SP, and WW.

All submission should be standard gray birds, not "peacock" and fantasy paint schemes.

Please feel free to list your skins here if you'd like to be considered. I can offer ED Miles and credit in the newsletter as thanks.

Kind regards,

Matt

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

It would be cool if ED would offer some slight Models modifications to better fit those requested paint schemes. (Small mouth, PW Engine, and maybe even an A tail with Chute option) It’s unfortunate that the model that was picked for the full fidelity module is so very US specific.  It was previously stated that ED is not interested in making a hybrid model or expanding to include different blocks.  Personally, I would absolutely pay for an official, visual only expansion pack for the F-16. To include accurate liveries on the correctly configured exterior model.  

-Woog 

• Like 3

Great! Hopefully they'll be of the same quality as the work of "lee1hy" and "141st_Gözcü" for example.
And there is a pack that replaces all the default US liveries by much higher quality ones but I can't for the life of me remember who made them 😞 (edit: found it - that pack is made by “Texac”)

Edited by Raven (Elysian Angel)
  • Like 4
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• Wags unpinned this topic

Hi Wags,

Looks like I am a little bit late to the party. 
I must say I'm a bit confused by the decision to have one user create new liveries (for payment?) whilst all of the listed things exist, in good quality.
Should you decide to reconsider, below you can find my offerings:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311471/ Belgian Air Force, along with accurate nozzle and reinforcement plates for added realism.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313305/ Dutch Air Force, with the same kind of unique details as the BAF

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3318186/ SP pack containing HaveGlass

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3320422/ SW 55th pack with HGV

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3319228/ SW 77th pack with HGV

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3320810/ SW 79th pack with HGV.

OH jets I've just created for the upcoming Artic Thunder campaign.

I'm aware some of these skins have a heavy filesize, but that can be fixed. 

As for the other jets, Texac has amazing SP, SW jets, Wolfthrower has Norwegians, Egyptian and PACAF jets. Plenty of other creators who have made uniquely detailed paints and gathered lots of views around the world with them. 

21 hours ago, Wags said:

Dear all,

After talking with lee1hy, we've decided that he'll be providing the requested skins, and quite a few more. He does fantastic work that I believe players will enjoy.

Kind regards,

Matt

Edited by Roughmaster
  • Like 6

I'm sorry ED, as a dedicated Viper driver in DCS and a massive fan of many of the amazing talented Viper repainters out there please give your reasons for choosing just one sole F-16C skinner, one of the most talented Viper skinners has even had his skin painted on a "real" F-16C and just the other day had his scheme turned into a decal sheet for scale modellers, the other is also extremely talented Viper skinner and has churned out skin after skin after skin for the Viper all at the highest and most accurate quality. Now I have nothing against lee1hy and I to have probably all of his awesome skins but why him and him alone, please could you elaborate and justify this strange decision, I'm sure your going to upset a fair few Viper skinners with this decision.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Roughmaster said:

Hi Wags,

Looks like I am a little bit late to the party. 
I must say I'm a bit confused by the decision to have one user create new liveries (for payment?) whilst all of the listed things exist, in good quality.
Should you decide to reconsider, below you can find my offerings:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311471/ Belgian Air Force, along with accurate nozzle and reinforcement plates for added realism.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313305/ Dutch Air Force, with the same kind of unique details as the BAF

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3318186/ SP pack containing HaveGlass

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3320422/ SW 55th pack with HGV

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3319228/ SW 77th pack with HGV

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3320810/ SW 79th pack with HGV.

OH jets I've just created for the upcoming Artic Thunder campaign.

I'm aware some of these skins have a heavy filesize, but that can be fixed. 

As for the other jets, Texac has amazing SP, SW jets, Wolfthrower has Norwegians, Egyptian and PACAF jets. Plenty of other creators who have made uniquely detailed paints and gathered lots of views around the world with them. 

No matter what ED will choose, the skins you listed are the gold standard in the eye of the community. They are and will be the skins used by the vast majority, no matter what is included as a default skin. 

• Like 3

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

• ED Team

Dear all,

After talking with lee1hy, we've decided that he'll be providing the requested skins, and quite a few more. He does fantastic work that I believe players will enjoy.

In the end, we want to provide the best possible F-16C liveries to our customers. After a careful review of the F-16C user file skins, we believe that lee1hy provides outstanding F-16C skins that meet our needs. Further, by using a single source, it greatly streamlines the process. It was my mistake creating this topic prior to carefully reviewing the F-16C user files skins before making this decision.

Kind regards,
Matt

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

On 2/14/2024 at 5:24 AM, Rob Mason said:

I'm sorry ED, as a dedicated Viper driver in DCS and a massive fan of many of the amazing talented Viper repainters out there please give your reasons for choosing just one sole F-16C skinner, one of the most talented Viper skinners has even had his skin painted on a "real" F-16C and just the other day had his scheme turned into a decal sheet for scale modellers, the other is also extremely talented Viper skinner and has churned out skin after skin after skin for the Viper all at the highest and most accurate quality. Now I have nothing against lee1hy and I to have probably all of his awesome skins but why him and him alone, please could you elaborate and justify this strange decision, I'm sure your going to upset a fair few Viper skinners with this decision.

I recommended Roughmaster to the ED team   and I think he will working for the European f-16 liveries.
Got OK reply from ED team and he is working now
I only make US airframes  (because  update the old f-16 skin  it already exists)

Don't feed strange rumors or posts. This project is only with passion  

Edited by lee1hy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

16 hours ago, lee1hy said:

I recommended Roughmaster to the ED team   and I think he will working for the European f-16 liveries.
Got OK reply from ED team and he is working now
I only make US airframes  (because  update the old f-16 skin  it already exists)

Don't feed strange rumors or posts. This project is only with passion  

I can confirm this, thanks to Leeh1y for putting me through, will be a good division of work now!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lt.Turbo said:

While we're at it can we get official 555th FS and 510th FS liveries? They have been quite active as Viper squadrons over the years. Maybe a TX ANG livery too if you're feeling generous.

510 is on the list. 555 is probably also possible. I'll try the 555 recommendation too 

Among the ANGs, there are many that fit well with the DCS F-16 (such as the South Dakota), but are there too many? If there are no restrictions, the skin size  Skin sizes will be too big (my opinion)

But its ED's authority 

I also hope many ANGs are added (with ARS tankers)

Edited by lee1hy
  • Like 2

kim_123456#3214

On 2/16/2024 at 4:09 PM, lee1hy said:

510 is on the list. 555 is probably also possible. I'll try the 555 recommendation too 

Among the ANGs, there are many that fit well with the DCS F-16 (such as the South Dakota), but are there too many? If there are no restrictions, the skin size  Skin sizes will be too big (my opinion)

But its ED's authority 

I also hope many ANGs are added (with ARS tankers)

I have a ton of ANG units done (AL, AC, SCANG, OH 🙂 )

• Like 1

One of Virtual Squadron stole my skin material (whole f-16 WW HV skins) and blocked me on Discord, blocking all my PMs.  livery will stop working until it is resolved.
Respect the content work and do not use it for commercial purposes.

if someone want ues my textues pls ask me PM
 I always allow it

Edited by lee1hy
  • Like 1

kim_123456#3214

4 hours ago, lee1hy said:

One of Virtual Squadron stole my skin material (whole f-16 WW HV skins) and blocked me on Discord, blocking all my PMs.  livery will stop working until it is resolved.

I always allow it

I´m sorry to hear that lee1hy.

I don´t get it... people really think that they can steal content work and not get caught? and it´s depicable attitude.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

5 hours ago, lee1hy said:

I always allow it

This is why I removed most of my works from User files.  However that said, you're now part of the ED stock textures.  So you're going to find that this happens more and more as people use your stock liveries for their own purposes.  While I find this to be a "low brow" behavior, you're going to have to come to terms with it if you put your free,.un-licemsed offerings into the public domain.  The only way to limit that is to not put them out there.  Or provide them to specific groups only who you trust to keep your work.  

• Like 4

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Can I offer a suggestion to since you're now putting stock liveries into the game?  Your grey colors for the standard line Vipers, both light and dark are too dark.  Did you match these colors with the FS color counterparts?   Either that or you're using reshade to take screenshots?    If you're going to be making all the Viper liveries you should look up the gamma corrected color HEX values.  

Photos can be notoriously incorrect for color matching, since film has different exposures, tints and filters, and the film Processing can also have it's own color variations, same with the printed inks.  Digital is even more notoriously bad since the inception of auto HDR (high dynamic range) which over and underexposes all the ranges of the image to make "hyper-details" pop.  While a neat artistic expression, it's not accurate for true to life.  

Edited by Mach3DS
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

6 hours ago, lee1hy said:

I always allow it

so someone is using a skin you published for public use? have they claimed it was all their own work or just used it in their squadron? have thy uploaded  the files claiming it is theirs ? If  they have used a skin that is available they can do what they want to it....unless they are caliming it to be theirs or re-uploading it to user files, they havnt done anythign wrong...  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mach3DS said:

This is why I removed most of my works from User files.  However that said, you're now part of the ED stock textures.  So you're going to find that this happens more and more as people use your stock liveries for their own purposes.  While I find this to be a "low brow" behavior, you're going to have to come to terms with it if you put your free,.un-licemsed offerings into the public domain.  The only way to limit that is to not put them out there.  Or provide them to specific groups only who you trust to keep your work.  

The skin is currently not stock ED yet.  After becoming ED STOCK, you are correct.

I do not allow 3rd person to make the exact same skin I am working on and rep-roduce / mixing it without permission.

1 hour ago, Mach3DS said:

Can I offer a suggestion to since you're now putting stock liveries into the game?  Your grey colors for the standard line Vipers, both light and dark are too dark.  Did you match these colors with the FS color counterparts?   Either that or you're using reshade to take screenshots?    If you're going to be making all the Viper liveries you should look up the gamma corrected color HEX values.  

Photos can be notoriously incorrect for color matching, since film has different exposures, tints and filters, and the film Processing can also have it's own color variations, same with the printed inks.  Digital is even more notoriously bad since the inception of auto HDR (high dynamic range) which over and underexposes all the ranges of the image to make "hyper-details" pop.  While a neat artistic expression, it's not accurate for true to life.  

I use gamma 1.8 to 2.0 in the game, others are similar. Some people like my color level. The style may differ depending on the creator
and  level of actual f-16 photos also varies depending on ISO.

But your comment is very understandable. Thanks for the advice. 😀 (I uploaded the brighter 55th HV)

3 hours ago, fagulha said:

I´m sorry to hear that lee1hy.

I don´t get it... people really think that they can steal content work and not get caught? and it´s depicable attitude.

We are talking about it and  positive now 
Thank you for your concern !! 

Edited by lee1hy
  • Like 1

kim_123456#3214

50 minutes ago, lee1hy said:

The skin is currently not stock ED yet.  After becoming ED STOCK, you are correct.

I do not allow 3rd person to make the exact same skin I am working on and rep-roduce / mixing it without permission.

I use gamma 1.8 to 2.0 in the game, others are similar. Some people like my color level. The style may differ depending on the creator

But your comment is very understandable. Thanks for the advice. 😀 (I uploaded the brighter 55th HV)

Right.  That's my point.  The photos are not a good source for color matching.  Those that appear darker are not indicative of the correct color tone.  Personally I feel like when you have an opportunity like we do, to affect the outcome and visuals of such a great sim and aircraft of major historical significance our personal "style" no longer matters when we're doing the stock paints. Accuracy matters more.  F-16s are simply not that dark.   Sorry, as a huge Viper fan, and detail oriented livery artist I'm concerned that all the stock F-16 paints will end up way too dark.  Part of that might be the Roughmets being used, but however it's being done the final output is too dark.   Ok I've said my piece!  Thanks for listening.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

1 hour ago, lee1hy said:

But.....you take others work and use it ? You use model aircraft decals on your skins. im confused. I dont understand what is ok and what is not now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mach3DS said:

Right.  That's my point.  The photos are not a good source for color matching.  Those that appear darker are not indicative of the correct color tone.  Personally I feel like when you have an opportunity like we do, to affect the outcome and visuals of such a great sim and aircraft of major historical significance our personal "style" no longer matters when we're doing the stock paints. Accuracy matters more.  F-16s are simply not that dark.   Sorry, as a huge Viper fan, and detail oriented livery artist I'm concerned that all the stock F-16 paints will end up way too dark.  Part of that might be the Roughmets being used, but however it's being done the final output is too dark.   Ok I've said my piece!  Thanks for listening.  

That's right, it would be good to work together, ( kind of ed f-16  livery Association)  but for now it's person`s work,  so I'll send your opinion to ED team later.

Edited by lee1hy

kim_123456#3214

9 часов назад, lee1hy сказал:

I agree that your colors are too dark (oversaturated). Your skin for the Russian Air Force Mi-24 has the same problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flаnker said:

I agree that your colors are too dark (oversaturated). Your skin for the Russian Air Force Mi-24 has the same problem.

Advice is always welcome. If you have any of your wonderful f-16 works, I will refer to them. 🫡

Public reference materials are always welcome from anyone working in or related  with the  Airforce(EMS) or aircraft researcher

• Thanks 1

kim_123456#3214