SA-342 Gazelle February 2024 update

Thx mate!
I suspect you are on the right track.I want to trim like you do, but I don't remember the name of the assigned function.
I tried binding all trim and magnetic brakes I could find, but they do not trim like it used to before the patch.
As in: I did not use the auto-hover, I just trimmed it into stability. It used to work like the AH-64 trim. (Position stick/pedals, click, and let go)
-I'm looking to assign the "click" 
Press "t" for the pilot. That's the force trim button on the stick and you'll see it move. For the pilot that is.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

That update really made me jump into the Gazelle after a long pause. It looks great and feels a lot better than the last time I flew it. Also thanks a lot for the background information about the nice new liveries!

• Like 1

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Press "t" for the pilot. That's the force trim button on the stick and you'll see it move. For the pilot that is.

THX! It is "Trimmer" And whaddyaknow! It was still assigned to the "look up slow" after I assigned to "Trimmer"
I deleted that, and voila!
-Now I can start loving her again!  🙂

Edited by Moxica
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

THX! It is "Trimmer" And whaddyaknow! It was still assigned to the "look up slow" after I assigned to "Trimmer"
I deleted that, and voila!
-Now I can start loving her again! 
Awesome!

• Like 1

Hotas rebinding in progress but am a bit confused. They separated out the Pilot and Copilot bindings but many of the pilot bindings work when you are copilot eg. trim, autopilot functions, kneeboard, etc, meaning you don't need to map them in Copilot (just map them in Pilot) and they'll still work when you are Copilot. 

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

Hotas rebinding in progress but am a bit confused. They separated out the Pilot and Copilot bindings but many of the pilot bindings work when you are copilot eg. trim, autopilot functions, kneeboard, etc, meaning you don't need to map them in Copilot (just map them in Pilot) and they'll still work when you are Copilot. 
Read the changelog. This is the way it's supposed to be in SP, and in MP of you're alone in aircraft. If you're two in the aircraft in MP, the controls in whatever seat you're in take precedence.
Cheers!

30 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Read the changelog. This is the way it's supposed to be in SP, and in MP of you're alone in aircraft. If you're two in the aircraft in MP, the controls in whatever seat you're in take precedence.
Cheers!

I see thanks!

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

For  the keybidding, don't forget to save them. I just reloaded mine on the pilot and copilot, and all where back. My TM warthog profile works again. Effectively there was a surprise as I jumped on the copilot seat with the flight controls. Just added the same curves as the pilot and it was OK.

Great work on all the new french liveries.

• Like 1

Brilliant update for the Gazelle. Yes, you just have to reassign the keys again... there could be worse things. The module is so fun! Good work, Polychop.

• Like 1

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

For the keys assignments, most (maybe all) of them will work if you load the old profiles, it's just they are located now in "SA342 Pilot" folder where they used to be in "SA342". Click the "Load Profile" in DCS, point to the old diff file in "SA342", and it should work.

Edited by some1
  • Like 1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I can't get my gazelle to work at all now.

My collective is always revesed no matter how many times I flip the axis in the settings, up is always down and down is always up, I've deleted all co pilot axis so not to interfere. And my force trim don'st work, I've tried to reverse both axis, I've tried to reverse just X or just Y, but the force trim dosn't work the stick always move to a diffrent place than it is supposed to with my brunner FFB stick

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Gunfreak:

My collective is always revesed no matter how many times I flip the axis in the settings, up is always down and down is always up, I've deleted all co pilot axis so not to interfere. And my force trim don'st work, I've tried to reverse both axis, I've tried to reverse just X or just Y, but the force trim dosn't work the stick always move to a diffrent place than it is supposed to with my brunner FFB stick

After you have clicked on the axis setting, check that the correct axis is selected in the following window. You can select the axis via a drop-down menu

• Like 1

For the keys assignments, most (maybe all) of them will work if you load the old profiles, it's just they are located now in "SA342 Pilot" folder where they used to be in "SA342". Click the "Load Profile" in DCS, point to the old diff file in "SA342", and it should work.
Excellent! Thank you!

On 2/25/2024 at 2:34 PM, Gunfreak said:

Experienced similar mixed axis settings after redefining my key bindings. My Warthog Trottle, normally bound to the collective, gives double input (Z and RZ). Separately defined, the now undefined RZ axis of the Throttle starts working on the pedals, superseding my TFRP pedal setting.

Modules: A-10CII | F-5E | UH-1H | Mi-24P | M-2000C | SA342 | F-14B | F-86F | AH-64D | Ka-50-3 | F-16C | A-4E-C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | P-47D | P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | CA | SC
Maps: Nevada | Syria | Persian Gulf | South Atlantic | Sinai | Normandy | Channel
Setup: Ryzen9 5950X | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 4090 | 2TB M.2 NVMe | TM Warthog & TFRP Rudder | Reverb G2 | OpenXR/TK | Win10
Affiliation: [TM]Tigermercs

Experienced similar mixed axis settings after redefining my key bindings. My Warthog Trottle, normally bound to the collective, gives double input (Z and RZ). Separately defined, the now undefined RZ axis of the Throttle starts working on the pedals, superseding my TFRP pedal setting.
Have you tried to unbind all axis for the copilot?

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Have you tried to unbind all axis for the copilot?

Yeah, did that. There are still waco inputs from somewhere. Its not always reproducible either.

• Like 1

Modules: A-10CII | F-5E | UH-1H | Mi-24P | M-2000C | SA342 | F-14B | F-86F | AH-64D | Ka-50-3 | F-16C | A-4E-C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | P-47D | P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | CA | SC
Maps: Nevada | Syria | Persian Gulf | South Atlantic | Sinai | Normandy | Channel
Setup: Ryzen9 5950X | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 4090 | 2TB M.2 NVMe | TM Warthog & TFRP Rudder | Reverb G2 | OpenXR/TK | Win10
Affiliation: [TM]Tigermercs

On 2/22/2024 at 9:23 PM, slaintemaith said:

I bloody uninstalled and reinstalled because this issue was maddening and it never occurred to me to map the controls to be the same.
Someone found your post and cited it on the ED Discord and spared me my sanity, because *things were working just fine on the Huey and every other aircraft I have set up!*
This might need to be stickied--I can't imagine we're the only two people to encounter this.

This might be my issue. Since the update my flying has been all over the place, can't get the Gazelle off the ground without it spinning and rolling. I think I'll need to to remove all the copilot controls and just get to grips with the pilot controls then gradually add the CPG controls back.

I used to be pretty good in the Gazelle but this is a real setback not gonna lie.

1 hour ago, stoop said:

This might be my issue. Since the update my flying has been all over the place, can't get the Gazelle off the ground without it spinning and rolling. I think I'll need to to remove all the copilot controls and just get to grips with the pilot controls then gradually add the CPG controls back.

I used to be pretty good in the Gazelle but this is a real setback not gonna lie.

Oh! You'll get back into it right away as soon as you remove all the copilot's controls! 😉👍🏻

• Like 1

reassign your axis. The update reset them all, so you might have ptich, roll an yaw controls assigned to some axis you don't want. I had pitch and roll on the stick and the rudder pedals ( brakes), and the yaw on the pedals and the second throttle axis...

Edited by grim_reaper68
  • Like 1