An appeal to Ugra

Reflected

I really appreciate that the Normandy map gets a lot of updates and attention, but it seems like every 2-3 months the frequency of every airfield changes. Which means I need to update every single one of my campaign missions, again and again. Also, sometimes parking spot numberings change too, that fundamentally mess up existing missions.

Can you please tell me when the frequencies will be final? Only then I will update my missions, because I've done this 3 times already, and it's pretty tedious.

Also, in the future please consider non-destructive updates, making sure that updates don't break existing content. 

Thank you

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

I feel you and I upvote you.

Manually re-checking and updating frequencies for eighty aerodromes for my kneeboards every time Ugra's left leg decide to change just one of them (meaning, after every patch) has kinda lost its novelty.

And while I believe that asking something from Maestro is akin asking a wall, I just wanted to say that you're not the only one frustrated by this.

• Like 2

Dima | My DCS uploads

Please tell me that they’ve not done it again?

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

2 minutes ago, Minsky said:

Manually re-checking and updating frequencies for eighty aerodromes for my kneeboards every time Ugra's left leg decide to change just one of them (meaning, after every patch) has kinda lost its novelty.

And while I believe that asking something from Maestro is akin asking a wall, I just wanted to say that you're not the only one frustrated by this.

Oh man, that sounds even worse... 😞 

• Like 1

I saw another thread yesterday about the same (previous?) issue on the PG map, that if the frequencies are not hardcoded, they will always be randomised. Could this be the same issue? (You did respond to it, but I can't remember what).
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

I saw another thread yesterday about the same (previous?) issue on the PG map, that if the frequencies are not hardcoded, they will always be randomised. Could this be the same issue?

That's true for every map in DCS.

But with Normandy 2.0 it gets really annoying because:

1. It has the most aerodromes.
2. It constantly gets updated.
3. The frequencies get reshuffled in almost every patch.
4. Ugra reshuffle them on a whim, unaware of troubles it causes to content creators.

• Like 3

Dima | My DCS uploads

2 hours ago, Minsky said:

4. Ugra reshuffle them on a whim, unaware of troubles it causes to content creators.

not quite unaware.

I’ve previously made a request here for them to call out changes to frequencies, as the last one was only a fraction of the total

• Thanks 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Oh, i can imagine that frustration 😱 Really annoying, so have my bump here 😉

Wondering why this is that way. As far as i have seen, Syria is all fine with frequencies, so why Normandy isn't. Is this the TDK doing it by default? I can not imagine this is been done on purpose.

• Like 1

What??? This is really hard to grasp. I do believe you though. That's a lot of seriously wasted labour.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk