Freezing altimeter and speed indicator

fdski

playing yesterday on 4YA server. Two of us, two flights, same thing happened each time. 

Flew up to 5km or so. dove on bogeys - Altimeter and Speed indicator freeze up. All circuit breakers are in, so heating on pitot tube should work. 

In one of the flights mine "unstuck" after i dove down, but on second flight, it did not despite flying low for quite some time. So I'm not sure if this relates to freezing or not... 

What did we miss ? I couldn't find anything in manual. 

Thanks

• Like 1

I don't think pitot heat works on any of the warbirds currently. I get it on multiple aircraft and even when in clear air where icing isn't present. I don't think you did anything wrong, just the modelling has been lacking there for a long time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I refuse to believe that everyone flying anton loses all their instruments on each flight and i'm the first to ask about it.... there must be a better explanation. 

I haven't had it happen in the Anton, but I have had it happen in the Spit a long time ago.

One thing I noticed in the Anton is that the probe heat lamp on the left of the dash only ever illuminates when connected to ground power. I haven't tried an engine start with ground power on, but I wonder if that could activate the probe heat and serve as a workaround.

7 hours ago, Nealius said:

I haven't had it happen in the Anton, but I have had it happen in the Spit a long time ago.

One thing I noticed in the Anton is that the probe heat lamp on the left of the dash only ever illuminates when connected to ground power. I haven't tried an engine start with ground power on, but I wonder if that could activate the probe heat and serve as a workaround.

it's been fixed 4-5 months ago, now it illuminates without ground power, in flight, on battery, etc.

However, the pitot heating itself does not work in any ww2 model per my understanding.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...