Why No F15-EX Plans?

DCAl1

Hi,

I was wondering why non of the announcements recently have included plans for an Official F15-EX?

I understand from Wag's interviews that with many of the latest fighters the reason is DCS not wanting to put out pure guesswork  models or get themseleves into trouble with the DOD if the accidentally put out capabilities that by chance match the real aircraft.

However, with the F15-EX, there are many public figures from seemingly reliable sources including some from Boeing themselves (eg vidoe of 9g turn and QA version performance in Qatar (QA shares the same basic platform as EX).

9g normal

12g over G

Turn Rate not disclosed but video of the QA version which the EX is based on shows manouevres approaching the f22

Fly By Wire

Mach 2.5

800mile range

29,500lb pay load

Raytheon ANAPG82 - Pulsed Radar - Detect targets including high Hypersonic and small vehicles on surface - Most advanced radar on any aircraft

Legion Data Pod

SEAD capability

Sniper Adanced Targetting Pod enabling ground vehicle targetting

Capable of carrying new over sized US Hypersonic Missiles (currently under development)

Given the EX data is out there (or at least some publically available data is) and the EX would be an easy mod for ED from the standard F15 (simply new glass cockpit and some adjustments to the flight characteristics), why haven't ED announced an EX version? Surely it's a no brainer given it's almost totally already modelled.

Source for a lot of the above:

Task and Purpose (ex military guy) (video includes cockpit instrumentation view):

Sandbox News (an ex US Navy Pilot):

You do know about the SpinosSimulations mod - right?

Edited by plott1964
  • Like 1

PC specs:

Intel Core i7-13700K [Raptor Lake 3.4GHz Sixteen-Core LGA 1700] (stock clock)/64.0 GB RAM/RTX 3080 GPU (stock clock)/Windows 10 Home/SSD Drives/T.Flight HOTAS X/HP Reverb G2

I have seen some mention of this but I believe a few said they couldn't run it successfuly. Also whilst community mods are great they rarely match the quality from ED or the other big content studios in my opinion.

Edited by DCAl1

1 minute ago, Tom P said:

Opsec..

I am aware of the this as I acknowledged in my original post. However, Boeing themsleves have published videos of the F15 QA pulling insane manoeuvres and an EX video titled 9g turn. The EX is based on the QA or as I understand it, the QA is a cut down version of the EX. The 2 videos I linked to above are supposedly using public sources for their info, so that being the case, there's no indication here that any oif the information from those 2 videos is in any way leaked and not public. I wouldn't repeat it if I had any inkling it was "leaked". Obviously with any aircraft, public and actual performance figures are likeyl to differ in any event with the aircraft likely more capable that the publicly published figures. There does appear though to be enough public info here to enable a DCS model to be designed which should be an easy mod given 95% of the aircraft is exactly the same as the previous F15's.

• ED Team

It is to classified and there is not enough public data that can be used. 

Please be sure you are aware of our rules at the top of the page it will give you some idea of what information is considered unusable 

1.16 Posting of screenshots, images, file links, file sharing links, and copying and pasting information is prohibited if the source document has a limited distribution statement or it is classified. Limited distribution includes DoD Distribution Statement C, Distribution Statement D, Distribution Statement E, Arms Export Control Act, Export Administration Act, and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) controlled sources. When posting aircraft, sensor, or weapon information more recent than 1980, you must also include the source of the document that demonstrates that it is 100% public and verified as not from a limited distribution source as listed.

For the level of detail we have for our modules a lot of public data is required. 

thank you 

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Spino's mod runs fine for me. It is an absolute missile truck and uses many modern missile mods. I would try it out.

Absolutely correct, BigNewy!

PC specs:

Intel Core i7-13700K [Raptor Lake 3.4GHz Sixteen-Core LGA 1700] (stock clock)/64.0 GB RAM/RTX 3080 GPU (stock clock)/Windows 10 Home/SSD Drives/T.Flight HOTAS X/HP Reverb G2

7 hours ago, DCAl1 said:

Hi,

I was wondering why non of the announcements recently have included plans for an Official F15-EX?

I understand from Wag's interviews that with many of the latest fighters the reason is DCS not wanting to put out pure guesswork  models or get themseleves into trouble with the DOD if the accidentally put out capabilities that by chance match the real aircraft.

However, with the F15-EX, there are many public figures from seemingly reliable sources including some from Boeing themselves (eg vidoe of 9g turn and QA version performance in Qatar (QA shares the same basic platform as EX).

9g normal

12g over G

Turn Rate not disclosed but video of the QA version which the EX is based on shows manouevres approaching the f22

Fly By Wire

Mach 2.5

800mile range

29,500lb pay load

Raytheon ANAPG82 - Pulsed Radar - Detect targets including high Hypersonic and small vehicles on surface - Most advanced radar on any aircraft

Legion Data Pod

SEAD capability

Sniper Adanced Targetting Pod enabling ground vehicle targetting

Capable of carrying new over sized US Hypersonic Missiles (currently under development)

Given the EX data is out there (or at least some publically available data is) and the EX would be an easy mod for ED from the standard F15 (simply new glass cockpit and some adjustments to the flight characteristics), why haven't ED announced an EX version? Surely it's a no brainer given it's almost totally already modelled.

Source for a lot of the above:

Task and Purpose (ex military guy) (video includes cockpit instrumentation view):

Sandbox News (an ex US Navy Pilot):

You should had gotten your answer as to just how unfeasible simulating the EX would be from one of those videos when they stated that "The F-15EX has one of the most ADVANCED warfare suites ever installed in a fighter" 

Edited by Evoman
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, DCAl1 said:

You clearly have no idea how deep is the rabbit hole. You need every possible bit of legally attainable info, not even just flight manuals, you need maintenance and weapon manuals, performance charts, former pilots and SME expertise, licenses... Most modern avionics like AESA or EW is a total no-go. If you think you can model the aircraft to the DCS level out of the Boeing ads and youtube videos you're very wrong. Community mod is your best bet. The same applies to aircraft like Su-57, F-22, F-35, J-20 and many others.

btw: We'll get Sniper pod in the future F-15E updates.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

the EX hasn't even reached IOC and finished its test program,

there's no where near enough data.

• Like 4

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

19 hours ago, DCAl1 said:

I am aware of the this as I acknowledged in my original post. However, Boeing themsleves have published videos of the F15 QA pulling insane manoeuvres and an EX video titled 9g turn. The EX is based on the QA or as I understand it, the QA is a cut down version of the EX. The 2 videos I linked to above are supposedly using public sources for their info, so that being the case, there's no indication here that any oif the information from those 2 videos is in any way leaked and not public. I wouldn't repeat it if I had any inkling it was "leaked". Obviously with any aircraft, public and actual performance figures are likeyl to differ in any event with the aircraft likely more capable that the publicly published figures. There does appear though to be enough public info here to enable a DCS model to be designed which should be an easy mod given 95% of the aircraft is exactly the same as the previous F15's.

Do you realise that a few videos (even if some originate from Boeing itself ) with OSINT data, plus some guesswork is not nearly enough to make a full fidelity module for DCS? Plus , as you mentioned yourself, it’s radar is highly advanced and therefore surely equally highly classified. Like it or not, but the radar is one of the elemental systems of a modern fighter jet, so if that can’t reasonably simulated , why bother with rest, even if there was enough data for the rest. Which I‘m sure there is not. 

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/28/2024 at 3:33 PM, BIGNEWY said:

It is to classified and there is not enough public data that can be used. 

Please be sure you are aware of our rules at the top of the page it will give you some idea of what information is considered unusable 

1.16 Posting of screenshots, images, file links, file sharing links, and copying and pasting information is prohibited if the source document has a limited distribution statement or it is classified. Limited distribution includes DoD Distribution Statement C, Distribution Statement D, Distribution Statement E, Arms Export Control Act, Export Administration Act, and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) controlled sources. When posting aircraft, sensor, or weapon information more recent than 1980, you must also include the source of the document that demonstrates that it is 100% public and verified as not from a limited distribution source as listed.

For the level of detail we have for our modules a lot of public data is required. 

thank you 

As you can see it's several weeks since I posted so I can't remember the source. However, it was NOT military discussion forums etc or anywhere where classified information might be found. From memory it was a combination of the videos and an official web page.

The above Youtube posters are both ex-military and unlikely to post anything classified.