please separate RE-ARM and REFUEL functions

Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

ED devs, respectfully request you please separate the re-arm and refuel activity

last night we dropped JDAMs - it took a while to enter in all the LATs and LONGs of the targets into the GPS-guided weapons 

since the jet needs to be running, i was sitting there burning fuel 

so once i was done, i thought it would be a good idea to refuel top-off the fuel tanks 

long story short, by refueling i unwittingly wiped all that data entry because you don't just refuel, you also re-arm - so all the weapons are now reset to default 

**GRRRR!!**

if you could do either refuel 

or re-arm 

OR BOTH (user's choice) 

that would be ideal 

thank you gentlemen - you are doing great work, keep it up!  : )

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ED devs, respectfully request you please separate the re-arm and refuel activity
last night we dropped JDAMs - it took a while to enter in all the LATs and LONGs of the targets into the GPS-guided weapons 
since the jet needs to be running, i was sitting there burning fuel 
so once i was done, i thought it would be a good idea to refuel top-off the fuel tanks 
long story short, by refueling i unwittingly wiped all that data entry because you don't just refuel, you also re-arm - so all the weapons are now reset to default 
**GRRRR!!**

if you could do either refuel 
or re-arm 
OR BOTH (user's choice) 
that would be ideal 

thank you gentlemen - you are doing great work, keep it up!  : )
For us, VoiceAttack with the VAICOM plugin, users. We can easily refuel without even opening the rearming screen. We just say "Chief, request refueling!". So, the code is implemented, just not added to the radio menu. While I'm sure some wizard should be able to add it to a custom menu until ED implements it, I'm afraid that won't happen until we have the new ATC. I'm all good though, 'cause it works for me.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

ohhhhh man i wish i could get VA working  : ((((( 

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ohhhhh man i wish i could get VA working  : ((((( 
You can't get VoiceAttack to work, or the VAICOM plugin? If you read the installation instructions in the VAICOM manual. It's hard to get wrong. In any case, try to explain and I'll help you.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Again, I have to point out that I’m 100% in favor of this!! Just a couple check boxes in the re-arm/ fuel window to click.. “re-arm only” or “re-fuel only”, if neither is pushed then it will do both as usual.. I still think re-arming should happen BEFORE refueling though. Really annoying in the f-15e to sit and wait for all the bags to fill first , only to remove them right after ( if you choose to remove them of course). I totally feel the pain in the f-15e if you only want fuel, but it reloads all of the weapons even if you didn’t change the load out from when you landed. Then you get to set the PACS back up all over again for everything 🤦‍♂️ I could be mistaken but I believe in the fc3 modules you can chose one or the other with keybinds too

Edited by MadKreator
  • Like 2

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

I was just about to start a topic on this as we fly long flights landing at different airfields and just want to refuel sometimes. Still practicing A2A. It gets a bit much having to ask to rearm with nothing. Was hoping for this to be implemented a while ago.

If all fails, I might reinstall viacompro

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Are you talking about the LandingReFuArm AI task, where it occasionally gets stuck if it can't do one or the other because of lacking stores?

Or are you talking about separating in the rearming interface (two different buttons maybe?) and/or the F10 menu (so you explicitly ask for one but not the other), since most modules love to interpret any rearming or refuelling as a refresh of your stores, which means you lose out on any existing weapon programming even though you just wanted to top up on fuel?

Or both? 🙂

• Like 1

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

• ED Team
  • Solution

posts merged

I have requested a separate fuel slider for external tanks. But no news to share. 

thanks 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

19 hours ago, Mike_Romeo said:

Why ?

Because one is realistic while the other is amazingly fast and happens anyway without asking.

• Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

21 hours ago, Mike_Romeo said:

Why ?

Because you need to have Hot Refueling for capable Hot refueling plane.
sometimes you just need to rearm without refuel specially over carrier Hot/Cold
bottom line is these two procedures are mutual exclusive

Edited by Raviar

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

posts merged

I have requested a separate fuel slider for external tanks. But no news to share. 

thanks 

my bad, thanks for merge, I searched for duplication but clearly I didnt use proper search. Thanks