DCS F-4E Phantom II Release Date Announcement- May 21st 2024

• ED Team

thank you all, we know this is disappointing but a broken patch would not be good for the F-4E launch, it will be worth the wait. 

• Like 6

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

And another "day off" worth nothing. 5h prior to release they just postponed it. Again.

It is just one day (as of today, we will see tomorrow) but this really annoys me.

Then stop throwing out dates. Waiting for this since 2022...

Just never ever trust ED again.

• Like 2

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

Lesson for all those who are mad at ED & HB because they took a day off to play this module:

Don't plan a day off to play something before it has actually been released. Release dates are often at risk of changing last minute. Hence ALWAYS plan your days off  AFTER it has released. 

Besides first day you pick the thing up is mostly going to be spent learning the systems anyway. So relax on the FOMO. 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Viking 1-1 said:

And another "day off" worth nothing. 5h prior to release they just postponed it. Again.

It is just one day (as of today, we will see tomorrow) but this really annoys me.

Yeah they are a joke, it's not like they've had the F4 for months and months for testing. How they can screw up this bad EVERY single time they commit to a date is unbelievable. Imagine sticking to a release date(impossible).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

thank you all, we know this is disappointing but a broken patch would not be good for the F-4E launch, it will be worth the wait. 

Why not release the F4 on its own. It seemed to work for everyone, otherwise there wouldn't be a ton of videos out there, and add everything else when it's ready?

A lot of people here act tough, as if the issue doesn't bother them. What angers me is the lack of professionalism. That's all. The problem isn't about delaying the launch by 24 hours. I think most of us here are adults with jobs and other obligations, and it's likely that delaying the patch by 24 hours won't have any impact on our lives. But the mess that represents the fact of having even released a trailer with a specific launch date within a 15-day margin and 6 hours before the launch is unacceptable in any professional environment. I'm not saying it's impossible, but if I present a project a day past the deadline in my company or in state administrations, I would end up in the unemployment line. It's this kind of errors, bad practice, and poor Quality Control that will end up ruining this video game. Fifteen days is plenty of time to notice an error 6 hours before. And on the other hand, if you have faith in meeting that deadline within 24 hours, how does the programmer know that it will take exactly one day to complete the task? They had 15 days to do it and didn't, so by that logic, a single day doesn't make sense either. Anyway. Another reason to stop pre-ordering.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ECTAE said:

A lot of people here act tough, as if the issue doesn't bother them. What angers me is the lack of professionalism. That's all. The problem isn't about delaying the launch by 24 hours. I think most of us here are adults with jobs and other obligations, and it's likely that delaying the patch by 24 hours won't have any impact on our lives. But the mess that represents the fact of having even released a trailer with a specific launch date within a 15-day margin and 6 hours before the launch is unacceptable in any professional environment. I'm not saying it's impossible, but if I present a project a day past the deadline in my company or in state administrations, I would end up in the unemployment line. It's this kind of errors, bad practice, and poor Quality Control that will end up ruining this video game. Fifteen days is plenty of time to notice an error 6 hours before. And on the other hand, if you have faith in meeting that deadline within 24 hours, how does the programmer know that it will take exactly one day to complete the task? They had 15 days to do it and didn't, so by that logic, a single day doesn't make sense either. Anyway. Another reason to stop pre-ordering.

As a pilot and a programmer I can understand the complexities of both sides of the equation so I'm afraid I would have to disagree.  Just as mechanics find something 'extra' wrong as they tear down a jet engine which delays the repair yet further, software engineers discover errors or performance hits as their software gets distributed to a wider range of hardware.

My 'guess' is that the early release to the content creator community has show a few performance issues/bugs on a wider range of hardware.  The love that PC builders have of chucking ever more diverse bits of kit into their already over stressed boxes of RGB leads to an almost infinite number of hardware configurations that software, even through the abstraction layer, has to deal with.

It's another day or a few more days. Big deal.  This forum will explode exponentially more if/when bugs are found. 🙄

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Ever since ED switched to the 6 week patch timeline it’s been terrible, the last two patches broke obvious things with the F16, patch delays and screw ups, what’s going on over there? 

• Like 1

• ED Team
8 minutes ago, Ben149 said:

Why not release the F4 on its own. It seemed to work for everyone, otherwise there wouldn't be a ton of videos out there, and add everything else when it's ready?

DCS core updates are required so we do need to wait. Sorry

• Like 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Posted (edited)

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, DOG said:

8qr22p.jpg

:thumbsup:

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Honestly, what bothers me is having pre-purchased the product so long in advance, of course this will be the first and last product I pre-purchase, so I won't be bothered by the delays.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

Same here, I knew I wasn't gonna get to fly it today as it releases just as dinner and family times starts, but was looking forward to spend most of the morning and afternoon tomorrow with it. But now in best case scenario I'll have to wait for Thursday to test it. Really 1st world problem thing that really doesn't matter, but still annoying.

Not quite on this side. I now have a little more time to practise my heli, drinking tea, admiring life, etc.

Read my sig, I am enjoying the show at the same time. 🙂

Peace.

Edited by VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants
  • Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

The contents of DCS World are so overwhelming to me: so many things to try, so many things to revisit. For now, whining about new products being late does not make much sense.

8 minutes ago, ECTAE said:

Spot on. Take a look in the mirror and upper cut yourselves ED.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BIGNEWY said:

DCS core updates are required so we do need to wait. Sorry

It worked for all the content Creators too, why wouldn't it work for us then?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Viking 1-1 said:

Well, do you think there would be less complaining if they didn´t give out a date ?

• Like 1