Kola Map

Kola map is a very nice thing, no question about it. But what I miss is always the same drama. You bring out new maps and the aircraft of the respective countries are missing. Norway, Sweden, Finland - "no" F-16, F/A18, F-15. Does it always have to go with some mods that are complete nonsense because hardly anyone uses them, and what if the other party doesn't use them? If you're going to bring out new maps, you should also make sure that the respective parties are also available.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, PAW said:

Kola map is a very nice thing, no question about it. But what I miss is always the same drama. You bring out new maps and the aircraft of the respective countries are missing. Norway, Sweden, Finland - "no" F-16, F/A18, F-15. Does it always have to go with some mods that are complete nonsense because hardly anyone uses them, and what if the other party doesn't use them? If you're going to bring out new maps, you should also make sure that the respective parties are also available.

??
sorry, I’m a bit confused.

Are you saying that none of the countries in Kola used aircraft that we have?

Edited by Mr_sukebe
  • Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 9:20 AM, PAW said:

No propper versions compared with the F-16CM blk 50, but Norway used F-16A/B MLU, Retired on 2022:
https://www.f-16.net/f-16_users_article12.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_aircraft_of_Norway

Finland use F/A-18C/D, to replace them with F-35A.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_aircraft_of_Finland

Sweeden has Grippens (and previously HB Viggens), but actualy none 3rd party has build that module, the same situation with the F-35A. Maps has open to use with the mission maker put on them, has none restricted.

Meanwhile NATO forces has deployed on Norway on Cold War (USAF / Marines / UK / Canadians, etc) and after, and now on Sweden and Finland.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

2 hours ago, PAW said:

Blue part (countries from this region) was using here:

- Viggen, F-5E, Sabre, Hawk, (also F-18, F-16)

Red Part:

- MiG-15, 19, 21, incoming 29 + FC3 models

you have to choose from

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Posted (edited)

Other Modules present:

• UH-1 (Norway)
  • Mi-8 (Finland)

About future modules (some has no propper version, but can mach):

• ED Mig-29A (Russia)
  • Aerges F-104 (Norway).
  • Airplane Simulation Company C-130 (Norway / Sweden)
  • Crosstail Studios A-1 (Sweden).
  • Miltech 5 Bo-105 (Sweden / Finland).
  • Polychop OH-58 (Sweden / Finland). (Simulate Jet Ranger).

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PAW said:

While Norway used the F16A. After it's MLU upgrade in late 90s /early 2000. It's capability are quite close to the C block 50 we have in DCS. The F18C in game is very close to the F18 used by Finland. In both these cases weapons used are the major differences. We are missing modern Swedish aircraft. But the Viggen in DCS was used during the 90s.

For cold war we have Viggen, MiG21, F5(not the exact version) F86, upcoming F104.  Norway used Spitfires and Mosssies into the 50s.

Bodø was also the main Nato base in the North during the Cold war. So you can use F4s(from all kinda countries), F15s, Harrier (both marine and dressed up as British) Mirage 2000, Mirage F1. F18, F16 etc.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Am 1.6.2024 um 11:18 schrieb Mr_sukebe:

??
sorry, I’m a bit confused.

Are you saying that none of the countries in Kola used aircraft that we have?

Yes, there are no Norwegian, Swedish or Finnish F-16s, although they all have an F-16. What's the point if I want to play the Kola card but only have F-16s in the US livery?! That's nonsense!

Am 1.6.2024 um 12:21 schrieb Silver_Dragon:

No propper versions compared with the F-16CM blk 60, but Norway used F-16A/B MLU, Retired on 2022:
https://www.f-16.net/f-16_users_article12.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_aircraft_of_Norway

Finland use F/A-18C/D, to replace them with F-35A.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_aircraft_of_Finland

Sweeden has Grippens (and previously HB Viggens), but actualy none 3rd party has build that module, the same situation with the F-35A. Maps has open to use with the mission maker put on them, has none restricted.

Meanwhile NATO forces has deployed on Norway on Cold War (USAF / Marines / UK / Canadians, etc) and after, and now on Sweden and Finland.

oh, I understand. Thanks for the hint

Am 1.6.2024 um 12:24 schrieb YoYo:

Blue part (countries from this region) was using here:

- Viggen, F-5E, Sabre, Hawk, (also F-18, F-16)

Red Part:

- MiG-15, 19, 21, incoming 29 + FC3 models

you have to choose from

thank you I understand

• Like 1

Am 1.6.2024 um 14:54 schrieb Gunfreak:

While Norway used the F16A. After it's MLU upgrade in late 90s /early 2000. It's capability are quite close to the C block 50 we have in DCS. The F18C in game is very close to the F18 used by Finland. In both these cases weapons used are the major differences. We are missing modern Swedish aircraft. But the Viggen in DCS was used during the 90s.

For cold war we have Viggen, MiG21, F5(not the exact version) F86, upcoming F104.  Norway used Spitfires and Mosssies into the 50s.

Bodø was also the main Nato base in the North during the Cold war. So you can use F4s(from all kinda countries), F15s, Harrier (both marine and dressed up as British) Mirage 2000, Mirage F1. F18, F16 etc.

thank you very much, I understand. Thanks for the hint

• Like 1

Paw> can I suggest looking in the user files.  I definitely have livery for an F16 for Norway.  Sorry, can’t remember about the others, but new liveries tend to be release by users really fast once a new map arrives, and let’s face it, it takes less time to run a search in user files than it does to write this thread

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

On 6/6/2024 at 2:16 AM, PAW said:

Yes, there are no Norwegian, Swedish or Finnish F-16s, although they all have an F-16. What's the point if I want to play the Kola card but only have F-16s in the US livery?! That's nonsense!

oh, I understand. Thanks for the hint

thank you I understand

Last I heard Sweden did not have F-16 - F-16 went to NATO countries of which Sweden was neutral.  I get what you mean though - there was talk of Draken a long time ago.  I think there is a freeware Gripen....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, drPhibes said:

He might be referring to the F16 being available to Finland and Sweden in DCS, but with no fictional liveries to match.

Possibly so, but I can see why there’s no official livery’s when neither country use the F16.

That seems more like a request to the modding community 

• Like 1