AH64D?

Tornado would be great, as would the Gripen. Whilst the current to-do list is ok there are a lot of aircraft in there that have been done already in Lock On (ok not to the same degree of complexity but still).

I am looking forward to the Mi24 and Apache but the others leave me a little cold.

Why not throw a Tornado in the mix or the F15 E instead of the C?

Yeah with some aircraft they can achieve some quite high speeds by breaking the rules eg the F-15 that got damaged whilst intercepting an aircraft over Iraq. I think in some configurations like clean stores 1/2 fuel tank you could exceed what is known of the aircrafts top speed in some aircraft but theres no doubt that you would be breaking the rules accomplishing that.

If by breaking the rules you meant 'punching the tank while going supersonic' I agree - if you mean 'going too fast', I don't. It's more likely that the tank collided with the wing in the resulting change of air characteristics than anything else.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

OK everyone will hate me for this ...but I'm biased because I worked the airframe......how do I plead with them to do a MH-53J/M Pavelow IIIE sim? Granted we're not talking a combat helo like the ones mentioned above, but the aircraft was armed with a standard of 1ea 50 cal (tail) and 2 ea mini-guns (RH/LH gunners windows). Maybe a medivac or infil/exfil based game?

"So that others may live...."

VAE VICTUS!

For those aircraft that DCS will not make, there'll be the 3rd party tools ... can you make it as good as the DCS ones? It'll be up to you ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

For those aircraft that DCS will not make, there'll be the 3rd party tools ... can you make it as good as the DCS ones? It'll be up to you ;)

good answer...

will there be a leason on how to script the FM?

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

will there be a lesson on how to script the FM?

Followed by a Good Question!

Yet somehow I do not think that Mere Mortals will ever be allowed into the Inner Sanctum that is the Code which governs the Flight Models.......Would but be a matter of time before we get Vaporized by a Klingon Battleship shortly after take-off from Sochi......:huh:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I don't think so - ... in fact, you cannot use DCS' FM at all, as I understand it. You have to plug in your own FM engine (thankfully, there are at least a couple reasonably good FM engines available out there for free - they are open source projects)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing so unrealistic. Just my AMRAAM-laden F-15C :D

Would but be a matter of time before we get Vaporized by a Klingon Battleship shortly after take-off from Sochi......:huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think so - ... in fact, you cannot use DCS' FM at all, as I understand it. You have to plug in your own FM engine (thankfully, there are at least a couple reasonably good FM engines available out there for free - they are open source projects)

And your own avionics, and then I wonder how things like Radar or IR imaginery can be done without access to dev. algorithm modules...

If I understand correctly, ED only provides tools for doing 3D cockpit models and to connect visual engine to external flight model, but nothing more...

Regards!!

I'm thinking when they release the tools, there will be a manual or a wiki for the tools...

Current Sims:

DCS Black Shark, Falcon 4.0, X-Plane 9, Steel Beasts Pro PE, IL-2 1946, ArmA 2, FSX, Rise of Flight, EECH, Harpoon 3 ANW, CSP

And your own avionics, and then I wonder how things like Radar or IR imaginery can be done without access to dev. algorithm modules...

If I understand correctly, ED only provides tools for doing 3D cockpit models and to connect visual engine to external flight model, but nothing more...

That is the way I understood it as well. Because of this I think it is more likely that relative simple aircraft are made by 3rd parties, like an OV-10, An-24 or L-39.

I think you'll be able to build the radars etc in LUA, just like the cockpit and underlying systems - I really don't know how this will all look like however, since we've not yet seen the tools - it might be dangerous to speculate.

Regards!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

External Flight Model Linking. This software package allows the linking of 3rd party flight dynamic systems into DCS to control aircraft.

bit like this?????

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Right - so you could use a free FM engine like for example JBsim.

Obviously now you need to start learning about a thing or two concerning aerodynamics, and in addition how subsonic vs. transonic vs. supersonic physics work, because they are NOT all the same and it DOES make a difference ... some FM sims can do all of those correctly, most do one or other other.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Weight F-111F, empty 47,481 pounds (21,367 kilograms).

Maximum Takeoff Weight F-111F, 100,000 pounds (45,000 kilograms).

according to FAS. And I doubt that the F-model weighs twice as much as the A-model. So I suppose that his figures aren't that off.

I originally intended to show the topspeed, but got carried away with copying numbers, for that I appologise. I didn't look anywhere else for the figures, so I didn't crosscheck.

If by breaking the rules you meant 'punching the tank while going supersonic' I agree - if you mean 'going too fast', I don't. It's more likely that the tank collided with the wing in the resulting change of air characteristics than anything else.

No he exceeded the max speed and damaged the aircraft not sure which part it was a while back when I read about it. I doubt it was a tank.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

OK everyone will hate me for this ...but I'm biased because I worked the airframe......how do I plead with them to do a MH-53J/M Pavelow IIIE sim? Granted we're not talking a combat helo like the ones mentioned above, but the aircraft was armed with a standard of 1ea 50 cal (tail) and 2 ea mini-guns (RH/LH gunners windows). Maybe a medivac or infil/exfil based game?

That would be a good addon for Arma as well as DCS.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I really don't think you've got that one straight ;)

The speed limitation is, AFAIK, for engines, not the airframe. The airframe can handle it.

No he exceeded the max speed and damaged the aircraft not sure which part it was a while back when I read about it. I doubt it was a tank.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've never heard of that - I think someone mentioned putting their hand to the canopy and it was warm, but nothing about melting.

You'll destroy the engines faster than the canopy from speed, most likely.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]