The T-50 (PAK-FA) Thread

nscode

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its friday. Looks like Sukhoi failed yet again to deliver on their promises...

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I get it you like to accuse them in various failures :laugh: , but that statement: "The first flight of perspective fighter will take place in the near future, has informed on January, 18th to agency "Interfax-AVN" source in Komsomolske-on-cupid. As he said, date of the first flight of fighter of the fifth generation will be named this week, flight will take place in January." doesn`t sound very official isn`t it? What we expect and hope is another thing. As we all know military are never to be trusted they kind of like to lie. So to speak it will fly when it`s ready to fly and we will know the exact date if they decide to inform us.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well let's just hope their QA/BETATEST team won't release it with RWR bug :music_whistling:

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Why? What was their promise?

The announcement for first flight date.

My PC specs below:

I won't be suprised anyway if they don't post date today or tomorrow. Sukhoi many times has delayed its "release" time.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Its friday. Looks like Sukhoi failed yet again to deliver on their promises...
Same as Lockheed Martin F-35. BTW, is Portugal buying any F-35's? It would really be good, because the F-35 factory is relatively close to me. You know, jobs ....

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Well Lockheed has accomplished many (though not all) goals on date and have planes flying already.

In 10 years the F-16 EPAF consortion is likely to be over, the maintenace economy advantage for current M5, M6 and M7 tapes will be no more, so "something" will have to be donne.

The options on the table are: Buy a new plane or upgrade the F-16 to a level common to other countries still operating them.

So we either upgrade the F-16's to a similar standard of other countries like USA or even UAE or buy a new plane deciding between probably F-35 and Gripen: there are realy no other candidates (2 engines exclude other options).

And that purchase will be donne via financial engeneering because we cant afford any of these by directly shelling out the cash.

The F-35 has no official suport, only heavy lobying on the military. They want it BAD.

If we decide to go for F-35 deliveries wont start before 2025.

Edited by Pilotasso

My PC specs below:

Well Lockheed has accomplished many (though not all) goals on date and have planes flying already.
He, he, he ... When are you going to learn Pilotasso. So F-35 is late too! Hmm... Isn't it that most every complex project is somewhat delayed and late?

So, you don't have money for F-35? That's fine ... F-16 upgrades will work for me too. Just don't be late Pilotasso.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

When you are you guys going to learn it?

As in any good simulation forum and website, we don't work with specific dates, but with a single constant:

"TWO WEEKS." :D

I wouldn't demand anything. It's good to know they're actually releasing news about it. They could just let us speculating here, so anything is better than nothing.

Meanwhile, just a little off-topic (yet somewhat related): how does the Su-47 perform in terms of RCS? I was just curious because, well, it looks too pretty to be stealth (it actually looks like an airplane, so to speak :music_whistling:) Anyone knows if it is stealth or at least has a very reduced RCS?

Why?

Simple:

Its the perfect plane for our national requirements. Its stealth, therefore more survivable, and fewer planes can be purchased, and only 1 engine for 40000 class thrust= less maintenance expenditure, less base personel, and less pilots to train (its expensive believe me), plus it has huge range advantage over other types wich allows it to fly anywhere over land or our large sea boundaries. PoAF has much more tradition on AG combat, and the F-35 suite is idealy fit for this, and it can double as a naval fighter as well with options for strong AA capability if we ever need it.

Only down is realy the initial aquisition price. But the grippen offers much less for only slighly smaller price tag. (my bro for example dislikes it)

Almost every AF officer has F-35 posters behind their desks or at their quarters. Some of high brass made public coments mentioning the 35.

He, he, he ... When are you going to learn Pilotasso. So F-35 is late too! Hmm... Isn't it that most every complex project is somewhat delayed and late?

So, you don't have money for F-35? That's fine ... F-16 upgrades will work for me too. Just don't be late Pilotasso.

Haj...there is simply no comparison, while the west has delays and cost overruns, the entire russian aerospace has either vapourware, or constant delays and cancelations of modifications of the same aircraft for 30 years now.

Edited by Pilotasso

My PC specs below:

Haj...there is simply no comparison, while the west has delays and cost overruns, the entire russian aerospace has either vapourware, or constant delays and cancelations of modifications of the same aircraft for 30 years now.
You haven't learned yet. All right, so let us try again. F-35 is late, F-22 was delayed several times. Now, when T-50 is late, that's not a comparison?

Since Portugal don't have any money for new F-35's, just get your F-16 upgraded, and rest assured that our F-22's will take care of you if needed. Calm down ...

When it comes to "Russian aerospace vapourware" if Portugal would have money, you could buy a seat in a Russian real-ware space vehicle and go to space. It is a question of prestige! Does Portugal have any cosmonauts?

No astronauts simply for lack of political will. It has been considered many times, including our own space program.

But man, comparing a 130 million habitants country with another economicaly and industrialy backwards of just 10 million ...lol

Edited by Pilotasso

My PC specs below:

No astronauts simply for lack of political will. It has been considered many times, including our own space program.
I know, Serbs, just like Portuguese, wanted to have a space program too. But lack of political will .... Nobody in Portugal wealthy and adventures enough to try either, ha?

We got some adventurers embarking on Virgins space ship-X crazyness, but only 60 miles high pfff.

Portugal has no industrial dimention to make Space programs profitable so we just design stuff for ESA's spacecraft and other aerospace companies in the military branch over Europe.

Tax payers dont like politicians (who are populist) to spend money on other things than inproving our quality of lives, wich doesnt happen anyway...lol

...and no, nothingness and discredit of russias military aerospace can ever compare even to delays on the west, wich come partialy due to cuts because there is realy no motivation from the "other side" anyway.

Edited by Pilotasso

My PC specs below:

But man, comparing a 130 million habitants country with another economicaly and industrialy backwards of just 10 million ...lol
Now you are finally learning. Portugal is small. get your F-16's upgraded and be part of NATO. That's good enough for you.

Russia has its own problems, big problems and yes T-50 is late. However, being late is not unusual in this business.

Who compared Portugal with russia was you. I fail to see why that has anything to do with F-35's delays or lack of anything to show about PAK FA

My PC specs below:

the F-35 factory is relatively close to me. You know, jobs ....

eerm, excuse me? According to Google Maps, Serbia isnt really neighbouring China in any way, maybe after 2012 but not just yet.

FYI the F-35 is designed by Boeing in the USA. MADE in CHINA. Assembled in the USA. :megalol:

Sukhoi PAK-FA designed in Russia, built in Inida & Russia :D

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Which components are made in China?

FYI the F-35 is designed by Boeing in the USA. MADE in CHINA. Assembled in the USA. :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda