The T-50 (PAK-FA) Thread

nscode

Is something going to be done about the aft fuselage and nozzles? Even if the nacelles get covered with RAM, there are quite a few 90 degree joints back there, which is supposed to be a big no no when it comes to stealth. Also, even with RAM those nozzles are quite exposed, so I presume they would be changed in production aircraft?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant the original stabs on T-50-2, not the originals from -1. Either way, there was a REASON to change out to T-50-2 stabs, and with how new the airframes are, it really shouldn't be fatigue. Ergo, something was wrong with the original T-50-2 stabs.

Well, not only T-50-2 changed stabs. -1 got a completely new set too. As i said, originally neither flew with strengthening plates on them, but at some point they started to. That is when they got new stabs.

I'm not saying it's not a basically sound design- just that it appears it's still quite a ways from being ready for primetime

Yeah, and i am not trying to diss T-50 or anything btw. I am just as interested in problems as good news. Su-27 also started being produced with extra strengthening plates, atleast on the underside of the nose. And for a while too.

Did T-50-3 ever get the reinforcement plates?

T-50-3, like following frames, started flying with reinforced stabs from the onset.

If you mean the reinforcement that was done over the whole frame, and especially the middle region, then no. This reinforcement straight from factory started with T-50-4. T-50-1 and -2 got retrofitted, but -3 doesn't really need it as it will be a radar bird.

Im not gonna lie, teh T-50/PAK-FA looks Mean :),

If I had to put them in order, it'd be F-22, PAKFA, F-35.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Yeah, and i am not trying to diss T-50 or anything btw. I am just as interested in problems as good news. Su-27 also started being produced with extra strengthening plates, atleast on the underside of the nose. And for a while too.

T-50-3, like following frames, started flying with reinforced stabs from the onset.

If you mean the reinforcement that was done over the whole frame, and especially the middle region, then no. This reinforcement straight from factory started with T-50-4. T-50-1 and -2 got retrofitted, but -3 doesn't really need it as it will be a radar bird.

Were the Su-27 strengthening plates eventually removed?

T-50-3 was seen carrying external payload, so if it were testing weapon carriage and separation, I'd imagine it would need the same reinforcements.

Were the Su-27 strengthening plates eventually removed?

T-50-3 was seen carrying external payload, so if it were testing weapon carriage and separation, I'd imagine it would need the same reinforcements.

Yes.

No. Reinforcements were needed as the result of high-g's, NOT as result of payload or anything like that.

Anyone know what the little bubble under the nose of 055 is? Looks like a little cctv dome.

The shot of 053 with external weapons and the blurred foliage in the foreground is awesome. Just like a spy in the woods near the airfield with a very long lens.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Anyone know what the little bubble under the nose of 055 is? Looks like a little cctv dome.

Could be a MWS receiver.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Same "R2D2" as the one on the spine. It is called KS-O, part of 101KS system. Plenty pictures online...

Could be a MWS receiver.

DIRCM.

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

Any changes spotted?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

T50-5 was reported on the press to incorporate hull changes...or was it T50-6?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Every single prototype have had changes in one way or another. I have a feeling you are referring to a post that was made prior to T-50-5's first flight about how fantastically different it was from previous prototypes, but that was a post that has been proven to be almost 100% wrong.

Is the T-50 redoing static tests due to structural changes? Wonder how much heavier the definitive airframe (when strengthening plates are gone) will be compared to original goal.

NOLA, are you berkut on Keypubs and flanker on Secret Projects?

Is the T-50 redoing static tests due to structural changes? Wonder how much heavier the definitive airframe (when strengthening plates are gone) will be compared to original goal.

Yes, T-50-7 will be a new static test frame.

NOLA, are you berkut on Keypubs and flanker on Secret Projects?

Yes.