Flight Dynamic Engine

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also zorrin - many FLAPLESS taildraggers use a method of approach ( i can't recall right now the name) that involves a curved arc starting before your normal downwind-final turning point ( and I know that varies from plane to plane and wind conditions). This keeps the runway in sight until lined up over the runway - the same effect as sideslip

Simply known as a curved approach. Something favoured by pilots of Warbirds with big long noses (not the pilots that is!).

Also favoured by lousy simulator pilots who cannot time their turns on final correctly... thank you lack of depth perception...

Westinghouse W-600 refrigerator - Corona six-pack - Marlboro reds - Patience by Girlfriend

"Engineering is the art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." (Dr. A. R. Dykes - British Institution of Structural Engineers, 1976)

I personally only use the trim when flying long distances and I want to be able to get my hands off the stick. During aerobatic or combat maneuvering, I cancel all trims. I do this to have the same responses every time again. Since I depend a fair amount on muscle memory.

Sorry man, I can't do aerobatic maneuvering, I can't even talk and walk at the same time.

So I opted to put the KA-50 in motion trim and let go of the controls see what happen. If you see my the track, you can see clearly when I'm making the movements :D There the erratic and "not so smooth" part and then it get all smooth and calm...:joystick:that is when I let go of the controls. Proving that i suck :pilotfly: but the KA-50 Trim is not to shabby :thumbup:

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Sorry man, I can't do aerobatic maneuvering, I can't even talk and walk at the same time.
Everyone can learn it, practise makes the master. Before I flew the Shark I had 5 years experience with formation flying and so already a very precise hand-eye coördination.

So I opted to put the KA-50 in motion trim and let go of the controls see what happen. If you see my the track, you can see clearly when I'm making the movements :D There the erratic and "not so smooth" part and then it get all smooth and calm...:joystick:that is when I let go of the controls. Proving that i suck :pilotfly: but the KA-50 Trim is not to shabby :thumbup:
I flew a military simulator at MAKS 2007 of what I remember was a Mi-8 with a similar trim as with the Shark. I found the trim weird and I was all over the place. I'm going to MAKS again in two weeks and I certainly want to try it again after almost one year flying DCS BS.:)

By the way, here is an interesting read.

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also favoured by lousy simulator pilots who cannot time their turns on final correctly... thank you lack of depth perception...

Not just simulator pilots... I normally do a curved approach when I'm flying too :)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Not just simulator pilots... I normally do a curved approach when I'm flying too :)

Curved base/final turns are typically flown by military aircraft, as distinct from the 'square base' flown in civvyland.

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

I saw the movies and tracks and will begin to blame the Flight Dynamic Engine too!

Why can't I do those cool perfect, coordinated and leveled maneuvers?

Ops... maybe I need to practice more... or use less the FD in crazy and stupid maneuvers! LOL!

.......in general it is recommended to avoid right pedal input, at least in the real aircraft......
In the real world that is true, though I found that with the sim, dropping collective is a better option to prevent rotor collision. You can make an abrubt right turn with full right cyclic+rudder input, loaded max (fuel&weapons) at a forbidden 300km/h. Just by dropping the collective for a second (tested). :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Folks!

I am doing just fine. hope all of you are the same!

I have spent so much time in setting up things in DCS I have to get out I think a bit...LOL

By the way Great Flying Frazier! That is awesome. You got me working on that little ground manuever you do. I maybe wrong but I don't think you retrimmed at all there right?

Those are my thoughts too. I am one of those flyers that wants total control over my craft when I go into combat. Be able to put the nose on target like a surgeon..LOL

The biggest problem I am having is coming up with a good X52 profile for DCS. What to put where. So many controls to think about. not to mention the Axis settings.

I would like to ask Frazier what peddles do you use? I got an old racing wheel set to link into DCS with no problem but they just don't feel that good! I ordered The Saitek set. Hope they get here soon.

I guess Like it has been said before! Practice Practice Practice. I have had this Sim now for 3 weeks and I am so HOOKED!

I will say that I run DCS on Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit RC. and this had something to do with some of my initial control problems. But I am getting it all down good here. I just like the way the X52 controls Are in this OS. But I still have some feelings about the FM. It's All Good!

I have had no other real problems running DCS on This OS Except for my trim just moving on its own a bit. got too figure that one out. Not too bad though.

This Sim does offer some of the best tunning features I have ever seen. The axis tune feature is just like my R/C Radios. I think thats a little odd! but I love it.

And Frazier! I want that SKIN! So Cool! I need to learn what everyone uses to make them!

Have a good day all!

Oldflyer2 aka: ScorpionRaptor

By the way Great Flying Frazier! That is awesome. You got me working on that little ground manuever you do. I maybe wrong but I don't think you retrimmed at all there right?
Thats right, no trim used in the flight.

I would like to ask Frazier what peddles do you use? I got an old racing wheel set to link into DCS with no problem but they just don't feel that good! I ordered The Saitek set. Hope they get here soon.
X52 Pro + Saitek Pro Pedals + TrackIR4 Pro is all you need for a reasonable price.

I guess Like it has been said before! Practice Practice Practice. I have had this Sim now for 3 weeks and I am so HOOKED!
Good, but don't forget the wife :D

And Frazier! I want that SKIN! So Cool! I need to learn what everyone uses to make them!
The skin comes standard with DCS Blackshark :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will say that I run DCS on Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit RC. and this had something to do with some of my initial control problems.

Curious about this. I run X52 on Win7 64 RC as well, and I've not experienced any control peculiarities that I would (or even could?) attribute to the OS?

What is it that makes you think that your OS causes you control problems?

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

not many people know as much as that sir!

Anyone who ever played Pacific Fighters :lol:

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Good, but don't forget the wife :D

you just inspired me to whip something out of the archives

caution.jpg

Current Sims:

DCS Black Shark, Falcon 4.0, X-Plane 9, Steel Beasts Pro PE, IL-2 1946, ArmA 2, FSX, Rise of Flight, EECH, Harpoon 3 ANW, CSP

you just inspired me to whip something out of the archives

caution.jpg

ROFL! Good one :D

Probably to feel flight dynamics model in better way everyone should buy a proper force feedback flight controller... Good to know that Logitech and Saitek plan to release such products. FFB is something that you won't get on RC controllers.
I used to use the MSFF2 stick and I loved it! I certainly want to try the new generation of FFB sticks!:joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey all

Thanks for the info there Frazier!

I guess how we get our FFB thrills when flying our R/C Planes and Heli's is when it Crashes! Thats our $1,000 $ 2,000 dollars and in many cases alot more! lying in a pile out on the field somewhere!

You just don't restart a $39.95 game. That's after you stop crying that is from the agony of watch it all happen. Although forcefeed back on there would be cool!

I was looking at the new setup from Saitek! But $300.00

is alot to beans for ANOTHER controller...LOL

And as far as my control problems. It had something to do with the usb port drivers or something. got it all fixed now. control centerpoints and key inputs where all goofy. in all my games.

When I noticed it happen on Belkin controller for Arma 2 I was able to figure it out. who knows? I'm no software expert. just know it was not right.

P.S. I guess I'm lucky! No wife here to worry about. She left after Janes Longbow many years ago......LOL

Later mates.

first I'd like to clarify that I meant the new Logitech contoller! before someone corrects me harshly!...lol

And second. I found this real nice Simulator site last night. I thought the homemade system they have availible would be pretty tight for DCS FFB.

http://www.simcraft.com/

I guess $2000.00 is not bad really if it works well. Not sure I like the Wood though. Might have to design it in Solidworks in plastic or PVC Pipe or something.

if it works well. Not sure I like the Wood though. Might have to design it in Solidworks in plastic or PVC Pipe or something.

Thanks for your interest in SimCraft, we have 3 public chassis plans online, the initial wooden one you mentioned as well as engineered drawings for an aluminum 3DOF chassis and the much more modest 2DOF aluminum chassis plans.

Feel free to contact us with any more specific questions.

Michael Boardman

SimCraft Information Officer

M Boardman @ SimCraft . Com

Edited by simcraft

I guess $2000.00 is not bad really if it works well.

I think the previous poster meant $2995; which is the starting price for a full motion system that provides simulation quality motion. This has always been the price since our product launch in early May, 2009.

have we been duped?

For less money you could probably cobble together a seat-mover and write/repurpose your own software if you don't care about simulating vehicle movement and just want something that will bump you around.

We are in the business of providing a quality simulation experience and to this end offer the same components found in our $25K military grade simulator, but without the expensive racecar grade steel chassis and aircraft grade aluminum yaw bearing.

Our intention is enabling the more mechanical savvy simulation enthusiasts the opportunity to add realistic motion simulation to their cockpit designs.

Thanks again for your interest, as discussion among the simulation community will only make motion simulator technology better.

Michael Boardman

SimCraft Information Officer

M Boardman @ SimCraft . com