msvcrt.dll crash again??

The problem is of your computer. I never had such crash.

No it's not.

Yes the bug is still there, it even does it with the 1.1 demo.

The fix is as follows:

Make a copy of "LockOn.exe", rename that file "LockOn.exe.local" and leave it in the root Lock On directory. Launch the game as normal.

ED TEAM (Han) PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS FIX.

No it's not.

The fix is as follows:

Make a copy of "LockOn.exe", rename that file "LockOn.exe.local" and leave it in the root Lock On directory. Launch the game as normal.

Yes it is, the reason its simple: i never had such problem, EVER! So that problem is of your system, still its good to see a fix.

• 3 weeks later...

Fix MY system? WTF?

Well, I'm receiving this error as well and I don't really think the problem is in MY system... For some ocult reason, lockon does not use the local (OLD) version of msvcrt.dll which comes with the installation of the game and is located in the game directory. Although the application should prefer the local version of the dll it links itself tot he current version of the dll which is in the window's system32 directory. However the MS C language runtime has also one more file the msvcp60.dll. And here it becomes interesting because although lomac has both the msvcrt.dll and msvcp60.dll in it's local directory (both old outdated versions), after launching the game the exe links itself to the new msvcrt in the windows system dir but it takes the old msvcp60.dll in the same moment...

I don't know why this happens, maybe it is hardcoded in the exe. My "fix" was that i took the new recent version of the msvcp60.dll from windows system32 directory, made backup of the outdated version in lockon's dir and replaced it with the new version. After doing this, lockon is using current versions of both files and the rate of msvcrt errors decreased drasticaly, however they still happen.... So this "fix" is not a wonder "cure it all" medicine but it helps a bit...

Yet i strongly disagree that the problem is in MY system...

Regards,

Zdenek 'MBird' Cizek

MadBirdCZ, did you tried a fix from yamangman above?

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

MadBirdCZ, did you tried a fix from yamangman above?

Negative, Sir. I'm in the office now and have to 'pretend' some work. However, I did call a friend who is at home and has the same problems and told him to try the above mentioned fix and he said that since renaming the file (exe) the game starts with an error immediately after launching but after the error is clicked away the game starts up and he said that so far it runs with no crashes...

Will try it after I get home myself...

Best Regards,

Zdenek 'MBird' Cizek

No it's not.

The fix is as follows:

Not sure why anyone would not be willing to do this simple fix. Thanks for posting this!

Abit IN9 32x MAX- Kentsfield QX6700 @3520

1.5 vcore watercooled D-Tek Fuzion/PA-160/MCR120/2x MCP655

2x2GB G-Skill 1066 5-5-5-15 2T@1.9vdimm

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000

Not sure why anyone would not be willing to do this simple fix. Thanks for posting this!

I would not say that anyone is not willing to do this, I think the problem is more burried in the fact that although this problem is known, quite a lot of users is experiencing this sort of crash (which is extremely annoying btw.), yet it is not officialy documented and taken care about by the developpers or mentioned with this workaround in the official support database...

Anyway will try the fix after getting home...

• 4 months later...

I fixed the in-game crashes by creating a lockon.exe.local file and forcing the game to use the local directory copy of mscvrt.dll. However now when I start the game, it gives me:

"The procedure entry point_resetstkoflw could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"

If I click ok and continue, everything seems to be ok but does anyone know how to get rid of this error message at game start after applying the mscvrt.dll fix?????

Thanks.

microsoft visual c++ real time dll file.

it's a core library file (read: exe file with set routines within it) that is required to run

programs created with the MS VC++ complier. A real programmer could probably explain

it better, but I think I got it close enough for government work...

...I can tell you never had Windows 3.x (anyone remember that dll hell?)

Thanks,

Brett

I fixed the in-game crashes by creating a lockon.exe.local file and forcing the game to use the local directory copy of mscvrt.dll. However now when I start the game, it gives me:

"The procedure entry point_resetstkoflw could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"

If I click ok and continue, everything seems to be ok but does anyone know how to get rid of this error message at game start after applying the mscvrt.dll fix?????

Thanks.

This error is indicative of having the wrong version dll in the system path.

Once you find out what is what..you will have to reregister your correct dll version with your OS. (see the MS KB site for instructions)

Crashing can also occur if you have more than one msvcrt.dll (what ever version) in the path statement also... (* note I said path statement* )

Windows wil get confused at which on to run.

There should only be one in the windows directory (includeing subdirectories).

It's located in the system32 directory for the nt, 2k, xp systems.

It quite possible due to legacy apps to install as if your running 9x and install

to the system directory or windows directory.

So when you are running lockon, there should only be one in use, and that should be in the system32 directory. (rename / remove the one in lockon dir)

BE SAFE AT THIS. RENAME DON'T DELETE the files Just in case.

Thanks,

Brett

"So when you are running lockon, there should only be one in use, and that should be in the system32 directory. (rename / remove the one in lockon dir)"

Well, this is contrary to what the interim fix is. The problem is that there are in-game crashes due to FC using mscvrt.dll from windows/system(32) directory and not the local copy in your FC game directory. That is why you have to create lockon.exe.local so that the executable uses the local directory copy. With this work around, I do not get in-game crashes anymore.....however, I am just pointing out that I get the "The procedure entry point_resetstkoflw could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll" error when I double-click and launch FC after implementing this work-around.