Vertical Reality Simulations

Shaman

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upgrade payware

Aside of a completely new and -WAY- more advanced Flight Model (Aerodynamic data-set and Flight Control Laws) it will include aditional features as is ACL and systems/avionics upgrades.

Álvaro

I'm already in love with current iteration :)I hope FSX version will sell well, and waiting for F-18E Pro. Congratulations on release!

I have completed tutorial flight twice. Flew few basic patterns around local airport. Landed on carrier once :)

I am now very busy programming HOTAS Cougar :P

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Got my copy on launch day and had her up and running no problem. Im not sure if the sales are back up but I can recomend this baby to anyone who wants a insanely fun aircraft to fly for FSX lol.:)

I would put this up there with any PMDG product as far as systems go and the flight model is second to none.

They set a new standard for others to try and follow.

Andy

test1ev.jpg

test2fl.jpg

Yesterday night I had such a wonderful night flight along the eastern coast of Australia.

It is so amazing I don't even miss FC2. The immersion and sensation of flight beats everything I know.

At high altitude @ way above 50000ft I encountered flame out of my left engine :o I managed to restart it after few tries, but had to descent to almost 10000ft. No, it wasn't scripted "failure" event.

Edited by Shaman

tail# 44 or 444

Yesterday night I had such a wonderful night flight along the eastern coast of Australia.

It is so amazing I don't even miss FC2. The immersion and sensation of flight beats everything I know.

At high altitude @ way above 50000ft I encountered flame out of my left engine :o I managed to restart it after few tries, but had to descent to almost 10000ft. No, it wasn't scripted "failure" event.

Lol, Sunday I spent 6 hours continuously flying...most I've ever done in a long time...sweet bird ...but for combat " Lock On FC 2 " is the best...:thumbup:

How's the combat and weapon delivery? I can almost feel how it feels thin and dry as it's a FSX product, but then again, i might be wrong. (and hope so ;))

Well, you'd be surprised!

There's no visible destruction on the ground - it must be achieved by other addon, but weapons delivery is very complex as satisfying. FSX is brought to totally new level, which is very very surprising. I love setting up my JDAMs, there's so many options to play with :P Weapons do work, delivery is very complex and requires you to RTFM. Weapons do not destroy stuff in FSX world when they hit and explode. There's only explosion and sound effect and in case of A2A, the a/c you just shot down just goes invisible for your sensors (after missile reaches him, yes they fly around), but still flies the same flight path. I thought I won't like it, but I actually enjoy it, and I use my weapons all the time :) It is so cool. I no longer need to wait for DCS to have multirole fighter modeled with such complex weapon delivery! VRS totally blew my mind. Love it! Will spend countless hours with it :P

EW is great too, self defense modes employing HARM... wow!

I love ED's FC2, it's great for what it is made... but until they add multi-role fighter for DCS.. I will have long beard I guess. VRS fills the gap and seems they went all out with immersion and realism, challenging everyone who is developing studysims for consumer market. At this point they have beaten everyone (when it comes to multirole fighter jet).

Edited by Shaman

tail# 44 or 444

Im not sure if the bug is back on sale after its launch problems but heres a video I saw linked on the VRS site.

Btw the carrier ops works best with Acceleration but can work in SP2 using the cop3 gauge from flightsim.com. I have the SP2 gauge working well and can spawn carriers with aicarriers2 addon. However I think FSX Acceleration works right out of the box.

VRS Store re-opens today at 16:00 Pacific time... can't wait.. My visa card is ready :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Specs: i7 920, GTX295, 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz, 1TB WD, ASUS P6T Deluxe, 1000W Corsair PSU,

Coolermaster Cosmos "S" case, X-52pro, TrackIR 4

so with this addon is there combat? or just a simulation of the various aircraft systems/flight/etc?

EDIT: No combat; maybe its a limitation of the FSX engine.

There is combat. But no explosions ;)

FSX is civilian simulation. Unless Microsoft does something about it in the engine code we won't see any "real" military simulation. Last I heard Microsoft fired the entire FS developer team though :doh:

We fly with what we have. It is the best aircraft in FSX. I was not a fan of military aircrafts in FS simply because of the crappy flight modeling. I always thought that military jets have no place in FS... but VRS proved me wrong.

Btw on a side note: My AiCarrier2 software got screwed up and it does not longer work once I installed the Superbug. I'm using Vista64bit, it worked perfectly fine before. If anyone have any insight of what might happen pls respond.. Superbug without carrier ops is only 50% complete :helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Specs: i7 920, GTX295, 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz, 1TB WD, ASUS P6T Deluxe, 1000W Corsair PSU,

Coolermaster Cosmos "S" case, X-52pro, TrackIR 4