Vertical Reality Simulations

Shaman

IT'S MARCH!

VRS F/A-18E for FSX will be released real soon :)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that this video best illustrates the great job that VRS has done:

I guess the youtube function isn't working....

You need to include this not by URL link, you need to use "HTML Code" of video on youtube, like this

"<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=ru_RU&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=ru_RU&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>"
Then include this in youtube tag:

• 2 weeks later...

Release in ~3days!

Here are raw videos posted by the VRS site admin:

Worth watching! First one shows Sidewinder launch.

tail# 44 or 444

You need to include this not by URL link, you need to use "HTML Code" of video on youtube, like this

Then include this in youtube tag:

Actually, this small string between "/" and "&"

http ://www.youtube.com/v/JNsiLBRe-sA&hl=ru_RU&fs=1&

would be enough:

The one from the last post:

You want the best? Here i am...

Do you mean in terms of the real aircraft or the game?

In the real aircraft you can project output from the FLIR pod on HUD.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Well I guess it's up to me to point out the obvious that noone else will:

This is FSX! You can model the F-18 as detailed as you want, you can even let it launch weapons (farce though that is!).

But you CANNOT use this jet the way it is meant to be: to kill the enemy and break his stuff. You cannot use it in a tactical environment.

It is therefore a COMPLETE waste of time IMHO.

I have FSX; it is wonderful for civi flying, especially with hardcore jets like PMDG and LDS. But it is not a COMBAT simulator.

Edited by Mower

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

This is FSX! You can model the F-18 as detailed as you want, you can even let it launch weapons (farce though that is!).

But you CANNOT use this jet the way it is meant to be: to kill the enemy and break his stuff. You cannot use it in a tactical environment.

I have FSX; it is wonderful for civi flying, especially with hardcore jets like PMDG and LDS. But it is not a COMBAT simulator.

I would superficially agree with you here...but how many hours are pilots flying these things just to learn to fly them. You're not going to jump into a jet of this complexity and start dropping bombs...you're going to do MONTHS of ground school and flying hours so that you can command her to do as you wish, it's the key to survival.

I would actually love to get a group of guys (3, 4 whatever) setup a operations flight from the US to Afghanistan in real time. Take off as a flight, fly as a flight, mid air refuel as a flight and land as a flight.

Some people like the aviation side of flying combat aircrafts. For all those people there's this product.

It's not a combat sim that's fine, but it has a global map with tens of thousands of airports all over the world and some pretty cool custom scenery additions.

It can be fun, depends what you like in a sim.

Yes, its FSX, and no its not ideal, but we have to make do with what we've got... As of right now, there are no high fidelity simulators out there simulating modern aircraft like the Superbug so Im happy that we at least get a Superbug for FSX. I would love a flyable Superburg for DCS, but I dont see that happening anytime soon as ED dont seem to want other developers to make flyable aircraft for their games, and the A-10 module is at least six months to a year away, and then we'll have to wait a couple of years for whatever comes after that.

So far all combat sims lack a huge chunk of RL flying stuff and VRS F-18 nicely supplements them simulating that stuff.

Exactly. And this is what I want. The training alone on such jets before you actually are ready for any combat is challenging enough to keep me interested for months.

Check this video guys for the time being!

PART1

PART2

tail# 44 or 444

Thanks for those video links they're great!

For me the "learning" phase is the most interesting...well maybe not the MOST, but definitely the most rewarding.

For me super hero movies are the most interesting is when our hero first discovers his power and is learning to use it.

But that's just me :)

I spend most of my DCS time just flying without blowing stuff, so I'm happy with FSX SuperBug. Of course it would be nice to have more high fidelity combat simulators, but there is only one in development - A-10C, and nobody knows when it will be out. It's better to have good aircraft in FSX than not having one at all.

Wishes for F-18 in DCS are pointless imho. ED stated few times they are not working on Hornet, even if they'd release tools right now it would take some time to make a complex 3rd party aircraft. VRS took a long time to convert their F-18 from FS9 to FSX, how long it would take to make a conversion for completely different environment?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RELEASE TOMORROW :D

tail# 44 or 444