Did it go unnoticed still? FC 2.0 upgrade will make LockOn and BS MP compatible!

Yskonyn

What's up with all the negativity, gentlemen?

First everyone screams fire and ice that LO still needs a patch. Then there's an announcement of LO getting a major release early next year, even at a ridiculously low price (which is GOOD! ;) ), but yet some are already doomsaying that LO is a lost cause and there will be nothing but problems with the integration of DCS and its future modules.

It's all speculation. Cut it out.

Right now, we know that FC 2 will arrive and will be compatible with DCS Black Shark as far as multiplayer goes.

Be happy that 1) FC gets an update and 2) we can play missions together.

What will happen with future DCS modules and LO remains to be seen. There are no statements of any kind about that, so stop speculating. It's a long way off.

HOW the technical bit of MP integration goes is something for the devs to worry about. They do know their jobs, you know.

I think its superb that FC gets an update AND becomes MP compatible with BS (meaning 'Black Shark' not to confuse with 'Bull Shit' ;) ).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will happen with future DCS modules and LO remains to be seen. There are no statements of any kind about that, so stop speculating. It's a long way off.

IIRC there WAS a statement that the upcoming update to LO (namely FC 2, now that the child has a name) is the end of the line for the LO franchise. So compatibility with future DCS modules is HIGHLY unlikely. No speculation involved on my part, however, i have been known for bad memory in the past :). Just my 2 cents anyway.

Edit: I guess depending on the success of FC 2, that might change as well.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Well sobek, that would be nice to have given a source. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

All I recall from past announcements relating to the FC2 product was something akin to "The Flaming Cliffs Franchise will see further development", which obviously hinted to this product. There was no mention that it would be the end as far as I can recall.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I´m truly happy about this update!!

Keep Up the good work!

We need to support this team that is delivering outstandings products.

By the way, the new airbases are grandsurf bases. right?:)

Skkuda

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic56197_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

AMD Phenom IIx4 955 Black Edition@3.2Ghz

Asus M4A785TD-M EVO 6Ghz DDR3 1033

NVidia Geforce GTX 570 hd1280 Mb GDDR5

because you dont know yet, or because you do have plans but we're way off? ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Pilotasso,

In software engineering there are always questionmarks between what you want to do and what economic realities allow you to do. Also, it is not as exact as a science as some people imagine (Hell, people think that building a house is an exact science, but it isn't either. There's always something unforseen.) and for this reason ED prefers to not say anything about things that may or may not be affected by unforseen events.

Especially since when ED has been begged into diverting from this policy by us people on this forum and they saw "we hope to have X by time Y" it ends up with people here flaming ED because they thought "we hope" or "we intend" means "we promise". ;)

So you'll just have to be content with your own guesses. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

and since they have told us about FC2.0 we know that we are gonna see what they said...... more then what we thought they were gonna do.

big thanks, but where do I send the cakes???

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

because you dont know yet, or because you do have plans but we're way off? ;)

As said above, there are always plans, but they are always subject to change.

big thanks, but where do I send the cakes???
Too funny. A few weeks a go, a beta tester actually sent ED some cakes! :)
Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

has this already been asked?

Will our Black Shark missions that have already been created still work when FC 2.0 is added? Or will we have to start fresh building new missions for BS added to FC 2.0 ? Or can we just add those planes to our exisiting missions?

Thanx..

:music_whistling:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

You should just have planned for modularity. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

You are correct, it was an Mi-8.

http://en.allexperts.com/e/f/f/f-15e_strike_eagle.htm

One F-15E (from the 335th) acquired a helicopter unloading Iraqi soldiers through the FLIR pod and released a GBU-10. After 30 seconds the F-15E crew thought the bomb had missed its target and the pilot was to turn around and use an Sidewinder missile instead, but suddenly the Hind helicopter was literally vaporised. The Special Forces team estimated that the Hind was roughly 800 feet over the ground when the 2000lb bomb hit its target. But the air-to-air kill was not recognised until November 2, 2001. They tried to engage the other helicopter but it eluded them.

One F-15E (from the 335th) acquired a helicopter unloading Iraqi soldiers through the FLIR pod and released a GBU-10. After 30 seconds the F-15E crew thought the bomb had missed its target and the pilot was to turn around and use an Sidewinder missile instead, but suddenly the Hind helicopter was literally vaporised. The Special Forces team estimated that the Hind was roughly 800 feet over the ground when the 2000lb bomb hit its target. But the air-to-air kill was not recognised until November 2, 2001. They tried to engage the other helicopter but it eluded them.

can i get a gun cam on that?:huh:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill 
" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690 MPG DDR4 || i9-14900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4080S|Game1300w|Win11| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2||MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Asus||

has this already been asked?

Will our Black Shark missions that have already been created still work when FC 2.0 is added? Or will we have to start fresh building new missions for BS added to FC 2.0 ? Or can we just add those planes to our exisiting missions?

Thanx..

:music_whistling:

Bump I want to know as well :huh:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

As said above, there are always plans, but they are always subject to change.

I know, but I had to try :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Maybe it should be BS-X-Prize: a box of Russian vodka (alcohol free, of course) for first Ka-50's pilot who managed to shot down a player piloting F-15 or Su-27.

P.S.

• водка — vodka
  • вода — alcohol free vodka a.k.a. water (mind the difference in the single letter!)

There's no alcohol free vodka in Poland, I assure you. That's why you should buy only Polish vodka :thumbup: as buying Russian vodka you can always buy an alcohol-free one by mistake! :shocking:

Interesting news re LO FC 2.0 upgrade. I'm very surprised, I must admit.

F-4E Phantom module for sale -25% non-Steam

• 1 month later...

OK..listen up all you omnipotent, never-lose jet jockeys ....read the last sentance :megalol:

• Like 1