FC2 Bug Thread

Maximus

2 bugs

i noticed 2 bugs

formation : when you ask your flight to go free formation then you want them back no way they come back they keep messing around

zones and goal : don't know if we can say it's a bug but , i made a mission with 50 % that should be completed by a myself entering a zone and destroying three vehicles . if you enter the zone before shooting down the vehicles then if you crash when you get new plane the program doesn't remind the fact you entered the zone . example : i start , i go to the zone , then crash . i recover then i blow up the 3 vcles , i'll have to go back inside the zone once again to get the 50 % given to that goal part

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i made a mission with 50 % that should be completed by a myself entering a zone and destroying three vehicles . if you enter the zone before shooting down the vehicles then if you crash when you get new plane the program doesn't remind the fact you entered the zone

How exactly did you set up the goal? Rules are all ANDed together, so if you had "player-aircraft IN zone, vehicle 1 dead, vehicle 2 dead, vehicle 3 dead" then it could only be completed if all vehicles were dead AND the player is inside the trigger zone. So as soon as the player leaves that zone, the goal can no longer be fulfilled.

If you wanted it so you had to fly through a particular zone first, and then after you'd done that destroy the vehicles, the best way would probably be to make a trigger that sets a flag to true when the player is in the zone, and then have a goal requiring that flag to be true, as well as the 3 vehicles destroyed. That way it won't cease being true once the player leaves the zone.

That would still allow the player to avoid the zone, destroy the vehicles, and then fly into the zone to complete the mission. So if it's important that the player enters the zone before killing the vehicles, you'd have to make triggers/goals that detect if a vehicle is destroyed and that flag is false (meaning the player hasn't yet visited that zone), and then subtract points or send them a snarky radio message or whatever.

Edited by nomdeplume

How exactly did you set up the goal? Rules are all ANDed together, so if you had "player-aircraft IN zone, vehicle 1 dead, vehicle 2 dead, vehicle 3 dead" then it could only be completed if all vehicles were dead AND the player is inside the trigger zone. So as soon as the player leaves that zone, the goal can no longer be fulfilled.

If you wanted it so you had to fly through a particular zone first, and then after you'd done that destroy the vehicles, the best way would probably be to make a trigger that sets a flag to true when the player is in the zone, and then have a goal requiring that flag to be true, as well as the 3 vehicles destroyed. That way it won't cease being true once the player leaves the zone.

That would still allow the player to avoid the zone, destroy the vehicles, and then fly into the zone to complete the mission. So if it's important that the player enters the zone before killing the vehicles, you'd have to make triggers/goals that detect if a vehicle is destroyed and that flag is false (meaning the player hasn't yet visited that zone), and then subtract points or send them a snarky radio message or whatever.

i made a mission where you need to refuel before reaching the target zone . so it works fine unless you don't get shot down and respawn as in such case you'll have to land again . but it isn't serious in fact cause i managed to find a solution i put 45 % fuel and you'd better land if you don't want to crash sourire3.gif . that "problem" appear to be a cool thing in fact , because if you want to create a going back to base goal it's works nice , you can't cheat by visiting the zone before take off . it's cool :thumbup:

(mission is mission #9 of my next campaign , finishing testing)

Mission Editor Wind Direction Bug

I didn't go through all 34 pages to see if this was reported although I did skim several and didn't see it.

There is a problem in the mission editor with the wind direction. I set up a mission at Nalchik airbase. The tower wants you to takeoff on runway 06. I set up the wind (which should be listed as a "FROM" condition) as 5 m/sec FROM 065. It shows up in the mission description as surface winds 3 m/sec 060 deg. But the tower announces them as 3 m/sec 245 degrees.

When I went back into the editor and set them up 180 degrees different, the tower now reads correct but the mission briefing and mission editor are incorrect.

From my days in the USAF, the pilot always gets the wind direction as the direction that the wind is blowing from not the to direction which makes the mission editor setup incorrect.

The other thing about this airbase and mission is that upon return the tower has me land on runway 24 opposite the tower takeoff. That occurs even with any wind data. I'm not complaining about this as runway directions do change while in flight - but it is based on winds. :cry:

Edited by Speedbrake

Yep that has been noticed, though I can't find the thread. Within the sim it's presented in aviation terms, but in the editor it's presented in more logical terms, i.e. direction and strength of a vector. ;)

You might find this post interesting though: it discusses the airports which have multiple takeoff/landing directions and the wind strength needed to get them to change.

This one might be relevant to the slightly-incorrect headings, but I'm not sure.

After FC2 1.2.1 patch the Target Size in Su-25T is not possible to resize.

After FC2 1.2.1 patch the A10 can’t lock AAA properly. The slew function when close to AAA is also defect.

Anyone at ED addressing these issues?

(HJ)

After FC2 1.2.1 patch the A10 can’t lock AAA properly. The slew function when close to AAA is also defect.

(HJ)

Some one already did it but don't know if action is going to be taken.

Couple of quick issues/questions.....

1.) Is there a way to set the cockpit view to NOT default to Head Shift Movement - ON?

2.) When using Easy Avionics (easy radar) the =/- keys change range on radar, not the 65D Maverick zoom toggle. Is there a fix for that like in Black Shark?

3.) ATC will often make "Glidepath" guidance announcements even after landing???

Sorry if these have been mentioned earlier, I hadn't seen any posts regarding these issues.

Skyrat

Intel i5-2500K @ 3.3Ghz, 16GB, GeForce 780 2GB, MS Sidewinder Precision Pro, Win 7 64-bit.

"The only thing we have to fear...... is GRAVITY! ....and the occasional R-77."

screenshot044zb.jpg

never had this one or seen it, looks like a cutaway of the weapon lol

Had that happen many times. I can almost replicate it. It has to do with not spawning with that loadout, getting shotdown, then switching back to it. It is a bad UVW unwrap it looks like. It is pulling a texture file meant for something else.

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

(HJ)

This "After FC2 1.2.1 patch the Target Size in Su-25T is not possible to resize." was due to the reset of joystick binding, sorry.

(HJ)

Any idea what's going on here? on FC2 w/ 1.2.1 patch, in the mission editor, when I go to fly the misssion, i get a popup message that says "can't run- sorry, only one instance is allowed". Then the game reloads to the empty debrief screen. Now I can't get it to run at all without this happening. It makes me sad.

Any idea what's going on here? on FC2 w/ 1.2.1 patch, in the mission editor, when I go to fly the misssion, i get a popup message that says "can't run- sorry, only one instance is allowed". Then the game reloads to the empty debrief screen. Now I can't get it to run at all without this happening. It makes me sad.

That only happens when you are running FC2 twice.

Interesting. However, I am not running fc2 twice, as far as i can tell. Rebooting the computer makes the problem go away for a little while, but is tedious and time-comsuming. I looked in the task manager, and fc2 only shows once. I do notice that before the message starts cropping up, FC2 has usually just crapped out for some other reason- usually a recurring runtime error that I get. Maybe when the game restarts itself, it's doubling itself up? Don't know.

-ed

By God Man, I think you've got it. Went back to the task manager again, and found simulator.exe stilll running in the processes. Thanks Combatace. You are clearly wise and all-knowing.

-ed

Will they ever get around to fixing the flight dynamics? Your wingman in an A-10 shouldn't be able to climb at 8000 ft/min with a 5 degree pitch angle, and it shouldn't take 95% power to keep an F-15 flying at 450 kts. Even with full afterburner in a turning dogfight I can't get over 250 kts.

Not 100% sure if this has been posted already but if you give an order to open or close formation while your wingman are trying to group up or catch up with you they end up flying straight, on full afterburner until they basicly run out of fuel and eject.

On another note, the A10s cannon should be carrying "party mix": a mixture of armor piercing and high explosive rounds....some of the A10's rounds should explode on impact, but currently in FC2 they just ricochet all over the damn place--which shouldn't happen in reality.

On another note, the A10s cannon should be carrying "party mix": a mixture of armor piercing and high explosive rounds....some of the A10's rounds should explode on impact, but currently in FC2 they just ricochet all over the damn place--which shouldn't happen in reality.

Does "party mix" includes tracer bullets? If do, maybe that's what we are seeing when Avenger is fired. Also, i don't think that explosions from exp. bullets are visible from 450 metres (1500 feet) at speed of 400 km/h (200 mp/h).

However, there is one more issue for A10 Thunderbolt II : navigational lights that seems to be a "magic lights". Please,l ook at the screenshot:

screenshot012q.jpg

Secondly, what's wrong with flight computer modeling? Flight computer is so prone to failure. Sometimes, it looks like even when i snap my fingers, the flight computer will go off.. Try to land then.. :joystick:

Thirdly, there's issue on Su 27 (i didn't notice this on other aircraft): aircraft isn't moving on parking, but HUD speed indicator is showing number 10 (engine throttle was set on idle, and mission is part of the "Spring Tempest" campaign) :

screenshot021jm.jpg

Fourthly, Su27 also has a "weird" navigation lights. I didn't know that there's a see-through ECM pod :smilewink: :

screenshot024vj.jpg

Fifthly, Su-27 MFD bug:

screenshot008ij.jpg

Also, what happened to the pilots?

screenshot006wfa.jpg

There's nothing friendly about "friendly fire"

----------------------------------------------------------------

A cigarette is a pinch of tobacco, wrapped in paper, fire at one end, fool at the other.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side,

and it holds the universe together.

After (M)onday and (T)uesday even the week says WTF !!

Does "party mix" includes tracer bullets?

I'm honestly not sure. I just know that it's got depleted uranium and HE rounds....and that when firing from a 50 degree angle, rounds don't ricochet off the ground....(personal experience from firing tracers from an AR15)

On another note, friendly AI taxis way too fast. In the F15C campaign, I frequently find myself in near-miss situations on the tarmac with my #2 wingman.

Edited by Jinro

scr100807231842.png

How is possible that F-15C skids 14 km on it's belly from airstrip?

screenshot042c.jpg

screenshot044c.jpg

And when i'm at it, look:

screenshot038o.jpg

There's nothing friendly about "friendly fire"

A cigarette is a pinch of tobacco, wrapped in paper, fire at one end, fool at the other.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side,

and it holds the universe together.

After (M)onday and (T)uesday even the week says WTF !!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a very strange bug when flying the A10. after 10 or 15 minutes of flying, the aircraft loses all control, and moving the joystick up or down positions zooms view in and out, and the cockpit experiences a weird "stretching" effect. alt-tabbing and returning doesn't solve the problem. I use an X-52 with latest drivers. Really want to get a fix to this, i love the a-10 :thumbup:

Also, bug occurs with or without SIM MOD A10, and only occurs in the A10.

Happens in quick missions, editor missions and campaign, and i can reproduce it 100% :(

Also, even if i die in an A10 campaign mission, i can continue on to the next mission as if magically rejuvenated? Strange.

Strange bug.trk

Edited by RaoulDuke1980
Additional Info

"Eject eject eject! Say goodbye, a**hole."

"Eject eject eject! Goodbye, a**hole!" :megalol:

i7 980x, Corsair H70, Asus Rampage 3 Extreme, 6Gb Corsair Dominator GT, 2x 6990 Crossfire, OCZ Vertex II 60Gb, 2x WD Caviar Black 1Tb, X-Fi Fatal1ty PCI, G19, Roccat Kone+, HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR 5 + Trackclip Pro

you need to go through the input settings and make sure the other input positions for that particular aircraft, isn't contaminated. as such the game will see your inputs and assign all Axis's to all positions, you have to go in and clean them up. :joystick:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=56805

I'm having a very strange bug when flying the A10. after 10 or 15 minutes of flying, the aircraft loses all control, and moving the joystick up or down positions zooms view in and out, and the cockpit experiences a weird "stretching" effect. alt-tabbing and returning doesn't solve the problem. I use an X-52 with latest drivers. Really want to get a fix to this, i love the a-10 :thumbup:

Also, bug occurs with or without SIM MOD A10, and only occurs in the A10.

Happens in quick missions, editor missions and campaign, and i can reproduce it 100% :(

Also, even if i die in an A10 campaign mission, i can continue on to the next mission as if magically rejuvenated? Strange.

Edited by Mastiff
  • Like 1

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

thanks mastiff, i will give it a try :thumbup:

"Eject eject eject! Say goodbye, a**hole."

"Eject eject eject! Goodbye, a**hole!" :megalol:

i7 980x, Corsair H70, Asus Rampage 3 Extreme, 6Gb Corsair Dominator GT, 2x 6990 Crossfire, OCZ Vertex II 60Gb, 2x WD Caviar Black 1Tb, X-Fi Fatal1ty PCI, G19, Roccat Kone+, HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR 5 + Trackclip Pro