FC2 Bug Thread

Maximus

Im not sure if its been mentioned already but ED, please take a look at the 'MP Chat' getting all controls stuck... its something to do with the modifiers that mess this up...

I cant beleive that was missed by the beta testers! a MUST FIX!

It's been reported and tracked - it's in the loop for fixing.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isn't the Su-39 a Su-37 without canards which in turn is a navy derivative of the S-37 which actually is the Su-47 which is the product of upgrading the Su-25? :P :P Dang if i ever understood or managed to memorize the Rushki naming systems (add if you add to this also the NATO coding ......) Whats the purpose really of these coding gymnastics? LOL

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

isn't the Su-39 a Su-37 without canards which in turn is a navy derivative of the S-37 which actually is the Su-47 which is the product of upgrading the Su-25? :P :P Dang if i ever understood or managed to memorize the Rushki naming systems (add if you add to this also the NATO coding ......) Whats the purpose really of these coding gymnastics? LOL

SU39 is basicaly a SU25TM

SU25t is an upgraded SU25

SU33 is a Navy version of the SU27

SU47 is a test platform

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Is it me, or do the S-8KOM2 rockets not show up on the pylons in game?

Mine shows in a Ka-50 with S-8KOM.

Check this about joint pack mod A-10, F-15, etc.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=868095&postcount=13

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Unit Path Problem in 2.0 on the map

Units don't follow their directed path. They're always slightly northward of what they are in the mission editor.

They just need to be realigned. Not an issue usually, but REALLY problematic when you have precise paths set.

I'm zoomed in all the way. The vehicle was driving on the dirt where you see the icon in-game despite my order to path it on the edge of the road.

4kcnqb.png

34nph0o.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------

DIFFERENT GLITCH

--------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot for the life of me make a unit look in the heading 241. I set it in the mission editor, and they always jump down to 240 in-game and then magically change to 240 in the map editor when I exit the simulator and go back to try and fix it.

Actually, it turns out there are a few different headings I can't use. It looks like they're usually odd numbers. I can't use 063 either. It jumps back to 062 for some stupid reason.

Edited by Spades_Neil
More glitches.

Is it me, or do the S-8KOM2 rockets not show up on the pylons in game?[

Mine shows in a Ka-50 with S-8KOM.

Check this about joint pack mod A-10, F-15, etc.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=868095&postcount=13

My bad. I meant to ask about the S-8OFPs. Thanks for the reference. That's the answer. I've got the SimMod A-10 installed. It's the S-8OFPs that don't show up with the SimMod A-10 installed. You are correct that the S-8KOMs are visible.

Edited by S77th-ReOrdain

With Su-25T, F1 payload from communications menu is wrong. Text says Kh-58, 4 Kh25mpu, 2 S-25l and ecm pods, but when you select that instead of Kh-58 you're reloaded with 6 Kh25mpu.

Also checked in rearm.lua it's 6 kh-25 (either communication text or the payload in itselft)

Just change the name yourself. I've actually deleted any payloads I never use.

Just change the name yourself. I've actually deleted any payloads I never use.

Yes, but still something to be corrected by ED.

S-8OFP2 showing in a Su-25 right now in my screen. Use Simmod A-10 modman packaged by Skypat.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Got a problem with Russian infantry. They only show their AK´s when they are dead!

Look at this screenshot. I was just messing around in the editor, curious to see how the infantry was modeled when I saw they didn´t show any weapon! Is this a bug? Or is something wrong on my side?

LOMAC_FC_2_0_003.thumb.jpg.e7bddff1de8f51efec92cef4b8bc97f5.jpg

My moviemaking channel at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RobertDamli

Got a problem with Russian infantry. They only show their AK´s when they are dead!

Look at this screenshot. I was just messing around in the editor, curious to see how the infantry was modeled when I saw they didn´t show any weapon! Is this a bug? Or is something wrong on my side?

Wich unit is that one? mines have the AK but are stand up (russian paratrooper AKS, both as an active unit or a static object, same with paratrooper rpg-16).

EDIT: ok I've setup a target and now are on their knees and shooting, and AK are correctly shown. Uninstall mods and try again. (I use latest Gys F15, simmod A-10 package by skypat 1.1 and Su-27, all separated mods not the 3 in 1 package).

Edited by Distiler

Wanted to add my two cents to this thread. (I'm currently on a mobil device so I'm sorry if this has already been posted in this thread).

-The LAT/LONG in the mission editor does not match the LAT/LONG in game. It's off by approx 0.8 nm, or roughly 1500 meters.

-The heading displayed with the"distance tool" in the mission editor is off by +6 degrees from the heading in game when orienting/placing objects (e.g. Kutaisi's runway appears to be 80.2 degrees in the mission editor, but in game it is 74 degrees).

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

-The LAT/LONG in the mission editor does not match the LAT/LONG in game. It's off by approx 0.8 nm, or roughly 1500 meters.

-The heading displayed with the"distance tool" in the mission editor is off by +6 degrees from the heading in game when orienting/placing objects (e.g. Kutaisi's runway appears to be 80.2 degrees in the mission editor, but in game it is 74 degrees).

You didn't play much Black Shark, did you? :) These are now "legacy" issues and cannot be fixed until deeper changes in the code are made to unify the ME and the in-game terrain.

If you are using "Low" visibility setting, this is normal and is due to the full LOD being loaded. Try at "medium" visibility.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Thanks for the quick reply EB. No, I haven't played BS (still) - so I didn't know about the "legacy", but found out first hand when I sat down to build a few missions. Is this something that might make it into the DCS: A-10 mission editor?

These flaws in the ME definitely top my list of things I don't like about FC2, while most other things have been positive improvements.

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Here's my two cents worth.

Same trouble with the WP distance on the A-10 HUD, as Maximus's post #40

"A10A Hud, while in nav mode. the Waypoint/distance on HUD it will update automatic. but when you switch to A/G mode the Wapoint/distance will not update at all, have to switch to nav to update the wp/distance on the HUD."

Also when I zoom in, (lean in to the monitor with TrackIR) the cockpit gets larger, but the HUD display stays the same. As the bottom of the HUD/top of the dash, travels upward it covers up the lower part of the HUD infomation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You didn't play much Black Shark, did you? :) These are now "legacy" issues and cannot be fixed until deeper changes in the code are made to unify the ME and the in-game terrain.

If you are using "Low" visibility setting, this is normal and is due to the full LOD being loaded. Try at "medium" visibility.

Yep, you´re right, I am using low visibility. I will try with medium, but I think I will stick with low because of better fps. Strange thing is I see the weapons when they run, but as soon as they crounch and aim, the AK dissapears? Why are they shown when they are standing and not when crounched?

My moviemaking channel at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RobertDamli

This game has a lot less bugs than FC 1! Cool!

But there is bug which very strong bites a striker pilots.

Please ED make new payload selection on runway (window like it was in FC 1.12 to make possibility to choice weapon on pylon)..... currently bombers are stucked up to 10 payloads which aren't enough for bomber tasks where you could create few dozen unique payloads :(

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I'm using the mission editor ( FC2 ), and sometimes when I'm inserting units I get an error message. And I can only close the program using Ctrl+Alt+Del. :cry:

2vb3rjp.jpg

I think this minor bug has already been posted. Anyway, alt-tab to windows desktop, click ok and again hit alt-tab to return to the game. No need of control+alt+del.

Not Sure if its been posted in this thread or officially acknowledged yet, but theres some major graphics issues for some of us.

tried a bunch of different drivers last night too, and it made no difference.

core 2 duo 3.0 ghz

hd 4870

2gig ram

win7 32

Tried three different installs within 24 hours of purchase.

tried a bunch of different drivers last night too, and it made no difference.

I went all the way back to 9.12 driver from September of 09 I believe. It did not make a difference.

As you can see the overcast marine layer (clouds) cause the water to bug out.

And my land textures are not being displayed properly either.

ScreenShot_002.thumb.jpg.0e18d36d63295b1c6cba80a432034d32.jpg

ScreenShot_000.thumb.jpg.ca3ebbe0f00c3c15aa0e407ca251f4f9.jpg

ScreenShot_001.thumb.jpg.6bd443982d6589cac4a00b1b78f9ae78.jpg

Dont let the smell get to ya...............