F-15C Cockpit Upgrade

DoctorK

The one big restriction of the lighting is the needle color which is hard coded and can not be changed. So, I chose the needle color as the mod's light color. It's less orange than the original and the gauges match perfectly to the needles.

I also changed the way of textureing. Whereas the original replaces the lit parts with the night textures, my mod adds the highlights only. By this change, the color looks more natural at various situations. You can see it in these examples.

Original

org0.jpg

Mod

mod0.jpg

Original

org1r.jpg

Mod

mod1k.jpg

Looks great! Could you upload!?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

F-15C Cockpit Upgrade for FC2 and 1.1

EDIT: Slightly brighter version 1.01 is available.

Visual Upgrades:

- New HUD

- New Canopy Frame

- New Mirrors

- New Gauge Light Color

- Improved HUD Control Panel Outline

and small refinements everywhere.

Functional Upgrades:

- Fully Visible Annunciator Panel

- Corrected ADI Waterline

- Recalibrated Speed Meter

ModMan compatible.

Normal Version;

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=269&lid=1772&title=F-15C%20Cockpit%20Upgrade#dldetails

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b1cdb43/n/F-15CockpitUpgrade101.zip

Fake Mirror Version for those who don't use mirrors;

See the second image attached.

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=269&lid=1773&title=F-15C%20Cockpit%20Upgrade%20with%20Fake%20Mirrors#dldetails

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b1cde7c/n/F-15CockpitUpgrade101FakeMirrors_zip

Anyone have a clue what's going on here ....

File used:F-15CockpitUpgrade101.zip

ScreenShot_000.jpg

Install order is not so important I think, try this...

F-15 Cockpit upgrade (DoctorK's mod, use Modman)

F-15 Cockpit Guages Red (Aero's mod, use Modman)

windows-1251__AeroUpgrade.zip.zip (manual copy to \Bazar\TempTextures)

Aero F-15 cockpit update 4-2-10 (manual copy to \Bazar\TempTextures)

Did you install all of the above in the same order or just F-15CockpitUpgrade101.zip? This works for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you install all of the above in the same order or just F-15CockpitUpgrade101.zip? This works for me.

This is the order I followed ...

F-15 Cockpit upgrade (DoctorK's mod, use Modman)XXX

F-15 Cockpit Guages Red (Aero's mod, use Modman)XXX

windows-1251__AeroUpgrade.zip.zip (manual copy to \Bazar\TempTextures)XXX

Aero F-15 cockpit update 4-2-10 (manual copy to \Bazar\TempTextures) XXX

Aero ADI Update (manual copy to \Bazar\TempTextures)XXX

And this is the end result ....

ScreenShot_003.jpg

ScreenShot_004.jpg

Anyone have a clue what's going on here ....

File used:F-15CockpitUpgrade101.zip

Kuky is right. Looks like the cdds name in graphics.cfg is missing. Reinstall the mod again, or add the cdds name manually. The red line is needed in Config\graphics.cfg.

TextureCollections

{

highFolder = ".\\Bazar\\TempTextures\\";

common = ".\\Bazar\\World\\Cockpit-F-15C.cdds";

common = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Surface\\LandTexturesBMP.cdds";

And you don't need Aero's textures to see my mod. Those are not part of my mod, just a expansion.

Kuky is right. Looks like the cdds name in graphics.cfg is missing. Reinstall the mod again, or add the cdds name manually. The red line is needed in Config\graphics.cfg.

And you don't need Aero's textures to see my mod. Those are not part of my mod, just a expansion.

Added:

TextureCollections

{

common = ".\\Bazar\\World\\Cockpit-F-15C.cdds";

That was the problem .... Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, i've just finished combining DoctorK's pit with Aero's HD dials into a simple .cdds package (and corrected the colours) any interest? :D

edit: just updated the screenshot, notice the artificial horizon colours/tones have been altered (ty MoGas) ;)

screenshot167s.jpg

Edited by Mustang

Very nice Mustang! Giving people options is always great!

I will get to the VSD very soon. Things got quite hectic towards the end of school, but now that's essentially over and I can get beck to working on fun, lockon-related, things.

Aero

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

• 1 month later...