Can't wait!!

GRoss

Hi everybody,

I've ordered DCS:Black Shark a few days ago along with trackIR 5 and should hopefully get them within 2 weeks. I've been wanting to buy black shark for around a year now, but the copy protection system was stopping me, however I couldn't help myself and had to buy it:D

So anyway, though I'd introduce myself to the forums.. while I'm waiting ...and trying to study for my exams :megalol:

Oh and by the way, I've played a few flight sims already - old Mig 29, tried lock-on at friend's place a few other arcade ones (which were crap) and am mostly flying in FSX nowadays... oh and I went for a flight in Piper Warrior 3 around a month ago.. which was great, and which actually pushed me to buy trackIR

Anyway, I'll try co contain myself over the next week or 2 (By the way, any ideas how long the shipping might take to Australia?)..

-----------

Have fun!

• Like 2

You're gonna love it!

Sorry, not sure how long it takes for delivery, I went the D/L route.

Edited by S3NTRY11
added info

Slip the surly bonds of Earth

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Core i7 2600k@4.5||Z77 Extreme 6||16GB RAM

WIN 10||HTC Vive ||G940||1080Ti

The copy protection is pretty much transparant. I have never had an experience that's stopped me playing the game, in fact I have never seen anything that was the copy protection.

The game will kill you, it's the only "game" I keep going back to, and that's since pretty much launch day. I am currently re-learning the game as it's been a while since I have played it, but it's a nice warm feeling that after a few minutes of playing it all comes back.

Be prepaired to be both disapointed (in your skill) and how much work you need to put in to get over the initial learning curve, but trust me, once your good enough to keep the thing in the air and pretty much get it into a hover and can remember how to do the most important things it becomes a most enjoyable experience.

Track iR is a good purchase, and something that will enhance your FSX experience as well. That's something else that takes a while to get right, it takes some tweaking over time to get it right, but once it is the experience is game changing. You feel like your wearing blinkers when you try and play a game where you can look around with your head, and one of the biggest things is the amount of buttons it free's up on your HOTAS.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

you won't get disappointed and you will get addicted, patience is a virtue though while learning.

If you ever needed a place to fly with other players then check my sig. below.

Good luck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let freedom ring with a shotgun blast

ATI 4870 1GB Cat. 10.8 | Windows 7 64 | TrackIR 5 | Saitek x52 | 4GB DDR2 | E8400 O.C 3.8 Ghz | The Logitech® G9 Laser Mouse

http://www.war-hawks.net

is recruiting.

http://www.war-hawks.net/private/index.php/recruitform

Welcome to the forums!

You say you're into FSX. Do you have any payware addon aircraft?

I'm looking to do some formation flying practice with the RealAir 260 and LotusSim L-39. Not for at least a couple of weeks, though, I'm right in the middle of modding my joystick.

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

G'day Gross. Welcome to the forum :).

Great bunch of people here - very helpful, too.

I ordered LOMAC CD a couple weeks ago (needed that for FC2) and it took about a week to get here in South Australia. Shouldn't be any more than 2 weeks.

You WILL be hooked, as I am. I love aviation, but am obsessed with helicopters!

Runways are for stick-figured fashion models, I say!

Anyhoo, as stated before read the manual to get the theory, then practice, practice, practice...

Since you are in Australia, once you are set up, patched and informed on basic systems, send me a PM, and I'll fly with ya on one ofthe MP servers (I currently fly on the 104th server - great bunch of guys, even if they shoot at you!).

Welcome aboard :).

Rectum non bustus

Whoa! So many replies!

This sure does sounds like an awesome game - got the manual and started reading over it - just the technical details for now - the engines, weapons and overall build of the helicopter - haven't seen such a detailed manual before, its GREAT!

InFireBaptize thanks for the invite - once I get to know the controls and all, I'll most likely go and see what you guys are up to 8)

Avilator - sadly I don't have any extra aircraft, than the ones in the game + the Acceleration Addon (lading f-18 on the carrier is always good fun .. unless I crash)

astrospud - thanks for the info, I hope that I would get within a week. Once I'll get to know the game a little, I'll definitely sent you a pm.

By the way, how is multplayer? Are there a lot of servers/people usually? Why I'm asking that that I got my hands on Rise of Flight Demo, which was pretty nice, but MP was empty! D8

GRoss,

It's good if you join a squad and communicate, If you just go online and join a game you would have a hard time understanding what's going on, black shark has nice campaigns that you can get yourself busy with, there is a lot to learn, from navigation, datalink, abris, shkval, trim, hover, etc.... so i wouldn't worry about online for now.

Good luck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let freedom ring with a shotgun blast

ATI 4870 1GB Cat. 10.8 | Windows 7 64 | TrackIR 5 | Saitek x52 | 4GB DDR2 | E8400 O.C 3.8 Ghz | The Logitech® G9 Laser Mouse

http://www.war-hawks.net

is recruiting.

http://www.war-hawks.net/private/index.php/recruitform

Avilator - sadly I don't have any extra aircraft, than the ones in the game + the Acceleration Addon (lading f-18 on the carrier is always good fun .. unless I crash)

That's OK. Formation with different aircraft would be more interesting anyway! Does anybody else you know have these planes and would they be interested?

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

G'day GRoss, welcome to the forums.

2 Things already said here I will enthusiastically reenforce.

1 - Seriously don't fret over the Copy Protection. ED have implemented an excellent system that doesn't negatively impact the user in any way; AND allows them to protect their IP - My hats off to them and I really wish other devs/pubs would follow their lead (looking at you UBI)

2 - You will not find a more welcoming and helpful online community anywhere else on the web. These guys know Flight Sims are a niche market and will go out of their way to assist all newcomers. I've frequently seen silly questions posed by new players (and posed a few myself); any other game forum the members would shred the poster, but not here. These guys here will help out and point you in the direction of some excellent tutorials.

Allow me to get you started

The Rookie thread -

http://http1.files.eagle.ru/dcs/video/Leading_Edge_Training_-_BS_-_S2.wmv?session_sid=&product_sid=LET_S2_preview&lang=en

Excellent resource guide for newcomers.

An my personal fav - Leading Edge advanced start-up:

http://http1.files.eagle.ru/dcs/video/Leading_Edge_Training_-_BS_-_S2.wmv?session_sid=&product_sid=LET_S2_preview&lang=en

Its a big file (400+mb and over an hour in length) but this movie is what got me going. If you have the opprtunity, set up a laptop with this movie next to your gaming rig and run through it (pausing/re-winding when necessary) - This taught me more about the KA50 than any other single resource (not including the forums of course).

Lastly this info is redundant as you've already ordered it, but JBHiFi on Lonsdale street in Melbourne still had a few copies of DCS:BS on their shelves last time I was in there, other stores probably still stock it as well. That said, its probably better to give your $$ directly to the devs by ordering it online.

Good luck!! and I look forward to flying with you in the multi servers.

Edited by Comieodor
spelling
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Avilator - I don't really know anyone in FSX - mostly fly offline on Cessna or practice carrier landings on f-18 lol, so if you want to try formation flying with me, then I'm happy to try, however I should not be held responsible for any virtual lives lost.....

Comieodor ..8D.. thanks for the links also - I've downloaded most of the videos already and started watching them gradually - the startup sequence looks scarily long lol.. and the whole laptop-pc thing would be probably what I end up doing, thanks for suggestions and see you in the virtual sky eventually.. once I get the game and learn to take off

FSX here!! Good to see someone who also flies in fsx here :-)

Anyone up for some online flying? Might I suggest the VRS F/A-18 Superbug X? It's a bit expensive, but it's a veryvery detailed airplane, as well as all "accu-simmed" airplanes from A2A Simulations.

VRS F/A-18 Superbug is awesome! ED should build this FM in DCS and the next generation Combat Simulation is ready!!!!:thumbup:

Avilator - I don't really know anyone in FSX - mostly fly offline on Cessna or practice carrier landings on f-18 lol, so if you want to try formation flying with me, then I'm happy to try, however I should not be held responsible for any virtual lives lost.....

I really haven't done any formation at all, so no worries!

FSX here!! Good to see someone who also flies in fsx here :-)

Anyone up for some online flying? Might I suggest the VRS F/A-18 Superbug X? It's a bit expensive, but it's a veryvery detailed airplane, as well as all "accu-simmed" airplanes from A2A Simulations.

The VRS Superbug certianly looks cool, but the $$$ are a bit tight right now, and I'm saving for my A-10 simpit. I have the accu-sim Stratocruiser- a very well modelled plane!

I'll start a new thread in the Multiplayer section when my joystick is done.

-Robert Goddard

Welcome mate, I'm sure this will live up to your expectations! :D

Good move on the track IR, it enhances the experience tremendously!

Should I get some pedals now? xD

Edited by luza

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Comieodor ..8D.. thanks for the links also - I've downloaded most of the videos already and started watching them gradually - the startup sequence looks scarily long lol.. and the whole laptop-pc thing would be probably what I end up doing, thanks for suggestions and see you in the virtual sky eventually.. once I get the game and learn to take off

Im sure you know already but the FA18 in FSX blows compared to the stuff that is out there now. If your looking for an accurate fa-18 sim, go with the VRS superbug. First of all, its the modern version that the USN and AAF uses, the superhornet. Extremely detailed. Carrier landings are properly conducted, you even get a glide slope and everything.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

It's sad to hear such negative replies on fsx f-18, but I agree - most of the systems aren't operational - I'd love to get my hands on superbug, but $50 is a bit much for a new aircraft considering that all the weapons systems are, well useless in fsx, since there is no combat - still its nice, from the videos I've seen. But for now I'll focus on Black Shark (thats why I got it for right? lol :)).