Little details that you've noticed?

Oiten

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The standby compass wobbles around in its fluid as you taxi along.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

there are people inside of the tanks.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

Two things:

1) When you land a squat switch on the real aircraft's left main gear allows for 100% extension of the airbrake. In flight the airbrake is limited to 80%. This is modeled in the sim.

2) Mach tuck! As the aircraft approaches its limiting mach it displays mach tuck, this is modeled in the sim! :thumbup:

WTF is mach tuck?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

The barrels inside are spinning and the linked belt with ammunition is moving! And you can't even see this unless you strip some pieces off the aircraft. Great detail!

that one is impressive! nice find! :thumbup:

Mach tuck is an aerodynamic effect, whereby the nose of an aircraft tends to pitch downwards as the airflow around the wing reaches supersonic speeds. It's the result of an aerodynamic stall due to an over-speed condition. As the aircraft's wing approaches its critical Mach number, the aircraft is traveling below Mach 1.0. However, the accelerated airflow over the upper surface of the cambered wing exceeds Mach 1.0 and a shock wave is created at the point on the wing where the accelerated airflow has gone supersonic. While the air ahead of the shock wave is in laminar flow, a boundary layer separation is created aft of the shock wave, and that section of the wing fails to produce lift.

:smartass:

WTF is mach tuck?

Edited by Blaze
  • Like 1

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

In multiplayer while watching my plane the other player could see my pilot turning it's head inside the cockpit as I turned mine using TrackIR.

It was only left/right though, not up and down. Also he saw a single Maverick on my pylons after I'd jettisoned all my munitions in expectation of yet another fiery crash landing. :)

Off topic but since we're discussing little details I have one that has been bugging me that it's not in this beta. Currently, there are no tracer rounds so my question is do real A10s carry tracer rounds?

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Noticed the object being viewed through TGP shift ever so slightly when you switch between CCD and FLIR; TGP switching cameras changes the viewpoint a little.

You can see this really well if you pull up the TGP and the Maverick cameras at the same time!! Very awesome!

I was a deliberately bad pilot and found multiple ways to damage the aircraft. Some interesting things happened as a result! :D

Put several APCs at the end of the runway and provoke them to shoot at you (on the ground). :D

Best regards,

Tango.

Mach tuck is an aerodynamic effect, whereby the nose of an aircraft tends to pitch downwards as the airflow around the wing reaches supersonic speeds. It's the result of an aerodynamic stall due to an over-speed condition. As the aircraft's wing approaches its critical Mach number, the aircraft is traveling below Mach 1.0. However, the accelerated airflow over the upper surface of the cambered wing exceeds Mach 1.0 and a shock wave is created at the point on the wing where the accelerated airflow has gone supersonic. While the air ahead of the shock wave is in laminar flow, a boundary layer separation is created aft of the shock wave, and that section of the wing fails to produce lift.

:smartass:

Textbook description!

Best regards,

Tango.

In multiplayer while watching my plane the other player could see my pilot turning it's head inside the cockpit as I turned mine using TrackIR.

It was only left/right though, not up and down.

That's been around since Lock-On 1.0. :)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

well so far i think this is a good one but not important... If you have mirrors turned off in the options they are still in the plane just flipped up towards canopy so you dont see them like in lock on when no mirrors you dont even have the frames they are just gone. So I think this is cool as you still have the mirrors in the plane just not being used. Great Detail.

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bullets that bounce and land farther on from where you were shooting. First time that happened to me I was wondering who was shooting back.

Oooohh! Now I get it! I was wondering why the hell I kept seeing little flashes on the ground in front of me several seconds after shooting.

During the DSMS training mission, there's a UH-1 departing the field with doors fwd.

In the left hand quarter compartment (door gunner's seat) there's a drink bottle laying on the seat.

(Doesn't roll around as the Huey pitches and rolls though :) )

-Bear

screenshot000sq.jpg

Edited by HuggyBear
Added pic.
  • Like 1

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

I noticed a important little thing for mission builders:

If you set the start-waypoint of a convoy to "on road", the convoy will automatically jump on the road. This was the behaviour in BS also.

But now the vehicles will start at the exact same position they was set in the editor. If they was set automatically on the road with a distance of 1m they will appear in the mission with this distance.

The behaviour of the convoy is now very awesome!

The first vehicle will start and the others will wait till the normal distance is given. The fast vehicles will drive slowly if a slow vehicle is in the convoy so they will stay together. If there is a space the vehicles on the front will drive slow and the vehicles on the end will drive faster to close up.

If you attack a convoy the vehicles will leave the road and "hide" in the ditch.

If you attack e.g. a T-80 with the GAU-8 it will drop smoke.

If you drop bombs on a (in my case) static Strela it will move so the bomb will miss.

I noticed a important little thing for mission builders:

If you set the start-waypoint of a convoy to "on road", the convoy will automatically jump on the road. This was the behaviour in BS also.

But now the vehicles will start at the exact same position they was set in the editor. If they was set automatically on the road with a distance of 1m they will appear in the mission with this distance.

The behaviour of the convoy is now very awesome!

The first vehicle will start and the others will wait till the normal distance is given. The fast vehicles will drive slowly if a slow vehicle is in the convoy so they will stay together. If there is a space the vehicles on the front will drive slow and the vehicles on the end will drive faster to close up.

If you attack a convoy the vehicles will leave the road and "hide" in the ditch.

If you attack e.g. a T-80 with the GAU-8 it will drop smoke.

If you drop bombs on a (in my case) static Strela it will move so the bomb will miss.

Awesome the AI is much improved. I really hope for this AI for BS. It will be more noticeable as you fly slow and low.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

During the DSMS training mission, there's a UH-1 departing the field with doors fwd.

In the left hand quarter compartment (door gunner's seat) there's a drink bottle laying on the seat.

(Doesn't roll around as the Huey pitches and rolls though :) )

-Bear

This Easter bottle was spotted previously in DCS: Ka-50.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=731372&postcount=17