Flight Qualifications Campaign

That's what I did. But where ever I put this files (mission, training, campaign) I can't open it. Tried to put it with it's folder and/or the files alone without folder...

War is much too serious a thing to be left to military men.

Charles Maurice de Talleyrand

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, Now im at BTF 06, but having a hard time.

I get out of the restricted area after the spin recovery, ok, time to active pause the talking part to gain some time.

I get past that, but now I get failed on the spin dive and on the lazy 8. What are the conditions I need to meet in those 2 ?

General Nerd :pirate:

Intel I5 4ghz, 16Gb Ram, GTX1070, Saitek X55 HOTAS

One condition you have to meet is to be prepared for is to take the whole thing like if it were nothing like a game, rather a study sim where you have to repeat things "many" dozens of times before you can say you do them right ;)

But, more to the point of these qualifications, you'd better have a look at what's called triggers with Mission Editor to know precisely what you're expected to do. I had the same kind of issues with some of them and even had to rectify what I've detected as been wrong heading, altitude speed and timing (see some earlier posts in this thread).

That's what I did. But where ever I put this files (mission, training, campaign) I can't open it. Tried to put it with it's folder and/or the files alone without folder...

Some browsers change the .file extension. Try renaming the file to .miz or try downloading with a firefox or chrome browser.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

OK, Now im at BTF 06, but having a hard time.

I get out of the restricted area after the spin recovery, ok, time to active pause the talking part to gain some time.

I get past that, but now I get failed on the spin dive and on the lazy 8. What are the conditions I need to meet in those 2 ?

What ivanwfr said is true. I did create this post:http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1286141&postcount=219 which has a spoiler to indicate exactly what is being checked.

When I update the mission I'll put in diagrams to show exactly what maneuvers are being tested.

Yes, Sabre-TLA. It is true I have two files called .file.

One is mission, I will change to .miz,

And the other is options.file, shall I change this to .lua extention?

I downloaded it twice, once with my standard browser Opera and now again with Microsoft's Explorer - both with the same result.

Very strange they change the files extension. Thank's anyway :smartass:

Yes, Sabre-TLA. It is true I have two files called .file.

One is mission, I will change to .miz,

And the other is options.file, shall I change this to .lua extention?

I downloaded it twice, once with my standard browser Opera and now again with Microsoft's Explorer - both with the same result.

Very strange they change the files extension. Thank's anyway :smartass:

Those two fles should not be renamed like that. Those two files should be without file extensions named just "mission" and "options" no ".anything"

They should be inside the mission file, which is actually a zip file with a miz extension.

Assuming the files are intact then just zip them up into a file called "anything.zip" then rename that file to "anything.miz"

That should put the mission back together.

I have never experienced the file extension change using MSIE but I have heard of it happening. For future reference, if you are downloading what you think is a mission file and when you open it in Winzip (or whatever you use) and see a file called mission and one called options, and perhaps a bunch of .ogg files, then it is a mission and should not be unpacked. Instead just change it from "whatever.zip" to "whatever.miz" and you are all set.

EDIT: Note when you go to change the file extension windows will warn you, just hit OK and make the change.

I hope this helps.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I found sometimes changing the extenston corrupts the file (IE8) :huh: Use RAR and change it in there.

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Just for reference, this is the first instant action mission open in WinZip, it has some .wav files in it also in this case. The wavs are the voice audio tracks for that mission.

missioninwinzip.jpg

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I found sometimes changing the extenston corrupts the file (IE8) :huh: Use RAR and change it in there.

If the file appears to be corrupt after changing the file extension then it is likely that the file was not what you thought it was. The file extension is merely a convenience so that the Windows knows how to treat the file.

download the zip... won't run

download the zip... change ext (in download location), corruption

download the zip... open RAR, find zip - change ext (from within RAR), it runs

?

Edited by Wolf Rider

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

download the zip... won't run

download the zip... change ext (in download location), corruption

download the zip... open RAR, find zip - change ext (from within RAR), it runs

?

I have to say that in many years of supporting windows, and using winzip and programs like it for all or that time, I have never seen that happen.

However, I have long since ceased to be surprised by anything that happens on a Windows system.;)

Even my laptop is happier running Ubuntu!

It happens, on occassion, just using the zip/ unzip ( right click - Extract all) function which ships with the OS, not using any "zip" utlities (WinZip, RAR, etc)... but IE8 seems to handle file downloads slightly different to the other browers available though.

eg, I download the BFT10 mission (its a zip) and look in the folder to see it is full of .ogs, a few jpegs and a mission and options file.

-

So, downloading with firefox did it. I received one single file called .miz.

Not like with opera of msie a folder with different files......

Now I'm able to load this mission in the game - :pilotfly:

Very strange though. Thanks!

What ivanwfr said is true. I did create this post:http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1286141&postcount=219 which has a spoiler to indicate exactly what is being checked.

When I update the mission I'll put in diagrams to show exactly what maneuvers are being tested.

I checked the post, and I think I know why I always fail the Lazy 8.

(got the spiral finally, I dint spin enough)

I'm doing the "combat" variant of the lazy where you are at 90° bank in your turns.

Civil Lazy 8 is 30° bank, military and aerobatic Lazy 8 is 90° bank in the turns.

Still got a Q- , so I moved to BFT 07. :pilotfly:

I still missing the proper Barre Roll and Cloverleaf. I practiced those 2 all day today :joystick: Even made my own "Aerobatics Practice for BFT Qualification" mission :D, it's just a simple free flight but this is the first time I used the mission editor :thumbup:

But I'm getting an idea here.

Maybe you could include some talking after each maneuver what error the cadet made, for example:

"- You didn't perform that correctly. Your bank angle was too high. You missed your exit altitude. You missed your exit heading. Your speed dropped too much."

Something like that. Is that possible ?

F-15E (Capt Pat McMillan) keep crashing in every mission since 06.

Poor guy used up 3 F-15s now.

But this is reassuring, I will get new A-10 if I demolish this one :smartass:

I watched the track, and he go full AB into the hills, starts a ~30° turn than after some time ejects.

--------------

Another bug in 08 than after the climb to 10k the rest of the triggers didn't come, actually thy triggered after I passed the the waypoint inside the mission area, and that time I was nearly out, so I quit.

--------------

1 more, I did the emergency flight again, and this bug looks consistent 2/2 for me. When you get a CDU failure and switch it of for 4 sec, than back on, it will give you a "correct", but from this point any time you disable the CDU, you get a "failed to respond correctly".

--------------

I landed perfectly in Kobuleti it my landing did not got registered, nothing happens after I stop. :(

--------------

Juts a suggestion, you have 60 sec to shut down a engine, and spoil up your APU, thats not much time, I did it on the first try, but failed on the second, But on the first try I didn't set the engine switch to motor, and on the second I did. Strange.

I saved the track, but I can't upload it anywhere. If you need it, give me a hint where should I upload it.

Edited by Balu0

So, downloading with firefox did it. I received one single file called .miz.

Not like with opera of msie a folder with different files......

Now I'm able to load this mission in the game - :pilotfly:

Very strange though. Thanks!

I have an installer that I have been experimenting with that will make all these .miz / .zip issues go away.

It will provide a default directory or you can select where to put the missions.

No fussing about with browsers or anything. Just download and run the setup.exe file like a regular program.

I'm just wrapping up some legal paperwork with ED and hopefully we will be able to use it soon.

I have an installer that I have been experimenting with that will make all these .miz / .zip issues go away.

It will provide a default directory or you can select where to put the missions.

No fussing about with browsers or anything. Just download and run the setup.exe file like a regular program.

I'm just wrapping up some legal paperwork with ED and hopefully we will be able to use it soon.

That sounds great!

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

Legal paperwork, that sounds interesting. Good work on these missions Sabre.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I got really scared the first time in this sim!

BTF 09 OMG , I'm flying with vulnerable pilot logbook!

Nearly died, but I live and the aircraft is in one piece on the tarmac, got and unqualified ofc.

Time to practice I guess.

Great mission :thumbup:

But I'm scared to fly more today :cry: