Warthog throttle back and firmware 20

In the other thread, the user asked TM if he could just send the circuit board instead of the entire throttle to save on shipping costs and TM agreed to do that instead.

Okay, thats not quite how I read the thread, just TM were sending him a new Mobo, nothing about returning the existing one, but I haven't read all the arguments following :music_whistling:

n/m

Edited by Slammin

Abit IN9 32x MAX- Kentsfield QX6700 @3520

1.5 vcore watercooled D-Tek Fuzion/PA-160/MCR120/2x MCP655

2x2GB G-Skill 1066 5-5-5-15 2T@1.9vdimm

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000

Unless I'm remembering something very wrong, I believe when my throttle initially lost firmware (prior to full brick failure), TM sent me a utility to backup/extract the current firmware from the Throttle ... I'll take a look for it when I get home.

TM emphatically deny that firmware 20 exists even after I sent them 'Rats pic so here I ask exactly wtf is going on?

Btw, have any luck with that backup/extract utility?

TB out

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: W10 PRO 64 bit, Intel 7700K, Asus Maximus IX Code, 32GB G-Skill Ripjaw DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 1TB M.2 970PRO SSD Primary HDD, 4TB Storage, TH Warthog, Oculus Rift, 27" Samsung 4k Display. 2x Wheel Stand Pro v2 (Hotas & Stick) + Warthog Stick Adaptor

TM emphatically deny that firmware 20 exists even after I sent them 'Rats pic so here I ask exactly wtf is going on?

Btw, have any luck with that backup/extract utility?

It could be that tech support doesn't know about a new firmware becaus they have not released it publicly.

Either way, i was unable to read the firmware memory on my bricked throttle because it would not go into boot mode.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Exactly. I have two Cougar HOTAS's. One developed a problem. Because I had two, I was able to identify the issue to be a failed PCB by swapping the PCB's around. Both were out of warranty. Explaining that to TM, they sent me a knew PCB for $20.00.

TM does stand behind their stuff.

LOL right, of course they will, your paying for the PCB.

I too had to buy a PCB and a POV button which broke after a fall, pots ...

And they where quick on sending stuff, thats wasn t the question, question was repair a problem while under warranty and preventive work.

So far it seems thy are picking up speed.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Waiting for this 2.0 to go out, until then, no way i gonna plug my warthog, waiting for saitek pedals anyway.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Who pays shipping?!?!? Shipping from my location and back will be 1/2 the price of a new one. Do that twice and I'm back to square one! If TM pays the shipping, then yeah sure, I agree, use and abuse the thing!

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.

Who pays shipping?!?!? Shipping from my location and back will be 1/2 the price of a new one. Do that twice and I'm back to square one! If TM pays the shipping, then yeah sure, I agree, use and abuse the thing!

I'm sending my Throttle back for repair / replacement this week as requested by TM. I asked them to take care of the shipping, and they will reimburse my shipping cost when I supply them with the proof of the waybill. They won't cover overnight express of course, but at least they will pay for shipping. All I did was ask them in my e-mail correspondence. :thumbup:

Oh just do it man!

Do you want to find out now, or in a week?

Your safe on your AMD cocoon, so you dont count :chair:

Every day you wait, is a day less of warranty coverage. I'll send 10 back to TM for replacement before I'll have one sit idle in the corner.

Did you pay above 1220 USD for it and waited more than 2 month for it, and those 2 month are in Brazilian territory, not waiting on a queue fot it to take off from store.

Will TM refund 200 Euro of trip ? And they better send me the exact serial or i ll in no end trouble, and it ll end up under some steam asfalt compressor truck, do you think if it happend TM will assume the fault even if i warn them ? Or sell me solely the throttle ?

Under such conditons, would you you wait for 2.0 or would you go plug it in with 1.8 that you know doesn t prevent squat ?

Don t be so quick to judge others position when you don t know the PITA they pass.

I know there maybe the Mobo possibility, but hell, i ve lived all my life without it, i can wait some week in the sake of hope. Its a 2 year warranty agaisnt defect, 2 to 3 weeks won t kill me (i hope).

Edited by Succellus

Did you pay above 1220 USD for it and waited more than 2 month for it, and those 2 month are in Brazilian territory, not waiting on a queue fot it to take off from store.

Will TM refund 200 Euro of trip ? And they better send me the exact serial or i ll in no end trouble, and it ll end up under some steam asfalt compressor truck, do you think if it happend TM will assume the fault even if i warn them ? Or sell me solely the throttle ?

Under such conditons, would you you wait for 2.0 or would you go plug it in with 1.8 that you know doesn t prevent squat ?

Don t be so quick to judge others position when you don t know the PITA they pass.

I know there maybe the Mobo possibility, but hell, i ve lived all my life without it, i can wait some week in the sake of hope. Its a 2 year warranty agaisnt defect, 2 to 3 weeks won t kill me (i hope).

Ummm ... yes, my statement still stands. I'm not "judging" anyone - simply adding my opinion and input like everyone else here.

Oops... there's that unicorn

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Oops... there's that unicorn

Yep a damn beautifull unicorn!!!:D

He kills::gun_rifle:

Button setting theory,

Intel relationship theory

Boot and shut down spike theory

What we ve left ? :dunno:

Bad (garbage) components dying over time ?

What the likability of a spike in middle operation?

What about a buffeting surge back energy entering by the ground wire ?

I have to confess i m at a loss and worst 2.0 won t likely solve the problem.

yes it does kill those off

what does it leave? it leaves the firmware or chip itself

"What about a buffeting surge back energy entering by the ground wire" would have other components dieing at the same time, if it came up through the system

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Do we really think components are dieing? I honestly don't know because thankfully mine has not bricked.

I've been thinking it's more like EEPROM or flash memory being wiped, or something else along those lines that can be fixed by re-flashing the firmware. But maybe I missed something, did anyone who got it back from TM notice new electronics inside?

I for one did not open mine, fearing TM would claim I'd tinkered with it and therefore wasn't covered by warranty. One fellow has apparently sent just the circuitboard back ... but I'd put a hearty bet on the exact same board (version) being sent as a replacement.

If TM has been able to track it down to a hardware fault, then (assuming they know anything about their customers), surely they'd do a mass-reissue of PCBs ... or perhaps I have too much faith?

I am Faithless....

Now then what...

Plug in and out before shutdown and after boot won t work

USB wont work.

I think we have a 100 sided dice in our hand, if we get 01 the throttle brick, if not it get on. Aint that marvellous.

Whiping eepron is a theory, but what would whipe an eeprom while you surf internet ? Mouse or keyboard getting tangled and the throttle goes belly up ?

Cause well, we got a mini mouse and a lot of keyboard emulation key on the hog...

I know the throttle is Alergic to pr0n!!!!:D

Ok, now that s a theory:lol:

I know the throttle is Alergic to pr0n!!!!:D

Ok, now that s a theory:lol:

you would have to plug it in to test that theory.....oh and start looking at LOADS of Pr0n!!!

i wonder what the beta forum on that would be like........

Action After Contemplation